Devils vs. Lightning Series Discussion

Derlique

49 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

With a head injury, I'd rather he wait until he is 100% ready. Concussions can quickly cascade into bigger issues if you don't take the time you need.

Obviously no one here would say he should come back before he is ready. My post questioned whether or not the doctors will ever clear him, if he hasn't been cleared by now. If they're still examining him and saying, "Nope," you have to wonder what it is that will make them say "yes."

32 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Do the right thing, Cory..

What does Cory have to do?  It isn't his decision.  I think we all expect and assume Kinkaid will be the starter, especially since the choice has already been made.  Both goalie's comments were good and it sounds like they're supporting each other, regardless of what happens.

What does Cory have to do?  It isn't his decision.  I think we all expect and assume Kinkaid will be the starter, especially since the choice has already been made.  Both goalie's comments were good and it sounds like they're supporting each other, regardless of what happens.

This is probably Hynes just making it so Tampa has to prepare for both goalies. Gives them more work to do and more video to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

This is probably Hynes just making it so Tampa has to prepare for both goalies. Gives them more work to do and more video to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh for sure.  Was just curious why RWTD seemed to think that it was on Cory to do something. What's he supposed to do, go to Hynes and say "sit me, start Kinkaid"?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I think I read that sh!ttily-worded headline wrong, implying they would be a part of the decision

Ah gotcha, that makes sense.

On another note - anyone have any good ideas for signs for me to bring to the game on Saturday?   Never done that before, always thought it was kinda cheesy, but I'm pretty fired up and excited, and this has been such a feel good year and a fun team, that I started thinking, why not.  Something playing into Kinkaid and Chipotle, Coleman and Pickles, could always go with a play on the NBC acronym too, or even a homer Hall for Hart type thing.... open to suggestions, and I know a lot of you guys here are way funnier and creative than me, so fire away.

46 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Ah gotcha, that makes sense.

On another note - anyone have any good ideas for signs for me to bring to the game on Saturday?   Never done that before, always thought it was kinda cheesy, but I'm pretty fired up and excited, and this has been such a feel good year and a fun team, that I started thinking, why not.  Something playing into Kinkaid and Chipotle, Coleman and Pickles, could always go with a play on the NBC acronym too, or even a homer Hall for Hart type thing.... open to suggestions, and I know a lot of you guys here are way funnier and creative than me, so fire away.

if your doing something Kinkaid themed i would recommend emojis since he's into that stuff... half the time I have no idea what the hell he's saying in his tweets.

1 minute ago, dmann422 said:

if your doing something Kinkaid themed i would recommend emojis since he's into that stuff... half the time I have no idea what the hell he's saying in his tweets.

Brick wall + burrito = heaven

Are there emoji's for that?

3 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Obviously no one here would say he should come back before he is ready. My post questioned whether or not the doctors will ever clear him, if he hasn't been cleared by now. If they're still examining him and saying, "Nope," you have to wonder what it is that will make them say "yes."

I wasn't implying your post was about him coming back before he's ready. I was offering an explanation. I'd wait until he is 100%, so that's probably what they are doing... Not that I'm a doctor. 

11 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I wasn't implying your post was about him coming back before he's ready. I was offering an explanation. I'd wait until he is 100%, so that's probably what they are doing... Not that I'm a doctor. 

I’m not even that anxious for him to come back. We made the playoffs without him, he’s going to be rusty, and even when he was healthy, he wasn’t exactly killing it. 

Cannot wait for this series to get started. 2012 was a loooong time ago. I think if we can prevent Tampa Bay's superstars i.e Stammer, Kuch and Hedman from burning us too badly, then we really have a shot. Easier said than done, but if this series boils down to secondary scoring, I believe our bottom six guys have what it takes to win this series. Should be a fun one. LGD!

P.S. we could be witnessing the budding of the legend of Keith Kinkaid right before our eyes, only time will tell....

IMG_9255.jpg

• Like 6

My pick for dark horse playoff hero: Ben Lovejoy.

Dude seems like he's come to life the past few days and taken on a primary leadership role. IDK, maybe it's just the first time anyone's put a camera on him all year.

Solid article from Abbey today:

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2018/04/11/think-new-jersey-nj-devils-young-team-nhl-playoff-veterans-say-think-again/506772002/