2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I think it’s better the Daneyko being the Great and Powerful Oz in ours....

Marchessault 35 seconds in

That’s actually my favorite thing Dano does (yes I know he only did it once, it’s recorded). 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s actually my favorite thing Dano does (yes I know he only did it once, it’s recorded). 

Haha I’m sure I’m in the minority, but man I hated that intro this year, we’ve done so much better. We usually get good music to get people fired up and all we really had was a monologue

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Haha I’m sure I’m in the minority, but man I hated that intro this year, we’ve done so much better. We usually get good music to get people fired up and all we really had was a monologue

It’s a bit long. I also am bothered by the fact that he says “ Let me tell you something you don’t know”, and then he never does. But it still seems a good role for him. 

Until we can get Ric Flair to do it, anyway. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s a bit long. I also am bothered by the fact that he says “ Let me tell you something you don’t know”, and then he never does. But it still seems a good role for him. 

Until we can get Ric Flair to do it, anyway. 

I think I also hold our intros to the 2012 standard. The regular season intro was solid and our playoff one was even better. 

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I think I also hold our intros to the 2012 standard. The regular season intro was solid and our playoff one was even better. 

I don’t have that kind of memory. I just remember it used to be better, I’m probably going back to Stevens/Niedermayer days. 

48 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t have that kind of memory. I just remember it used to be better, I’m probably going back to Stevens/Niedermayer days. 

I think I remember it so well cause I went to so many games that year. And have such fond memories of it.

Jets tie it, but give it right back and then another. Scheifele, Neal, Tuch.

3-1 Vegas

Dunno who Roselvic is but man did he pull a 2012 Clarkson on that shift, fell 3 times in one shift, with minimal help from any Vegas players.

Karlsson on a 3 on 2 the other way rings one off the post.

3 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Love Fleury and he's been incredible these playoffs, but he is lucky as fvck tonight hahaha

He’s been that way seemingly all post season. I love it

5 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Love Fleury and he's been incredible these playoffs, but he is lucky as fvck tonight hahaha

Sometimes being good creates good luck, and vice versa.  It can seem to happen together and all at once or not at all.

12 hours ago, jagknife said:

The 2012 playoff intro was the best I've ever seen.  The Nine Inch Nails song leading up to the epic montage.. still get chills thinking about it.

• Like 2

The Panthers had a potential cup-favorite team and instead they decided to give away March for free. 
Makes my heart happy.

I listen to WQAM on my way to work every morning on my phone for Dolphins talk, and the morning show guys, Joe Rose and Zach Krantz, were both lamenting this morning how the Panthers fired Gallant and let Marchessault and Smith go for nothing- it warmed the cockles of my heart lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Depends on what Jeff means by prominent, and how high of a draft pick this supposed player was. I could see it maybe being German Rubtsov, 1st rounder for the Flyers whose really taken a dip in production in Junior, or maybe Logan Brown but I think Brown has an NHL future.

I've seen those names thrown around as who it might be in my 5-10 minute research I just did.  Also saw Olli Juolevi as another possibility.