GDT: Devils at Anaheim 12/9 - 8pm MSG+

Satans Hockey

The way I see it, we fvcked up a few times, but battled back, didn't give up, tied the game, and nearly got a win.  It's tough, because that probably would've gotten Schneider a ton of confidence, but he should still be taking away some positives in this game knowing that he played pretty well, and would have gotten a victory if the team in front of him didn't shoot themselves in the foot.  All things considered and despite the defensive screwups, I'm proud of the guys for remaining in the game.  Anaheim is a good team who was playing well especially as of late, and salvaging a point on the road is a bright spot.  

I'm very curious to see how we respond tonight in a back to back, but with a fresh Kinkaid in net we should have a boost and I think we can get 2 points.  

I'm so glad I moved and missed this game. After dealing with contractors and incompetence all weekend I would have lost it watching Greene  bat one into our own net. Maybe our captain is pissed at Cory :argh: or maybe Hynesie should have asked for a replay. Greenes stick was clearly over the cross bar,,,, Oh wait ?? :argh::argh:or Wait I got we need to investigate for collusion! :beerbang:.

Maybe just maybe Ray will do something. Something's got to give....... LGD!!!!!

1 hour ago, bobilly45 said:

Maybe hynes should try Coleman in ot... hes fast, can shoot, and knows how to play d.

Not a bad idea. I also want to see more Severson and Butcher and less Vatanen if we go to OT anytime soon. Vats was terrible last night. 

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Not a bad idea. I also want to see more Severson and Butcher and less Vatanen if we go to OT anytime soon. Vats was terrible last night. 

I also want to see less of Nico and Bratt paired in OT. Two of the Ducks early chances were because the boys got caught behind in deep. I definitely remember Bratt putting his head down and flooring it to try and get back and I think it was Nico who was even further behind

Edited by jagknife

Greene giving up the C is laughable. He won't ever do such a thing. And he won't ever hold himself accountable, and neither will Hynes. 

Greene is probably the worst captain in the entire NHL for several reasons... his skills have eroded, he's a detriment to the team when he's on the ice, he refuses to accept responsibility, and he is a hypocrite. I wish he'd retire, but that won't happen. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

He should move in to a fan relationship mode where he can speak more freely but more importantly I'm not subjected to listening to him drool all over himself while looking for the other teams broadcast.

After reviewing Greene's goal I could only laugh because he couldn't even bury it in his own net he barely got a piece of it :) , nine out of ten times he wiffs completely.  It's weird for me last year I found this team likable even on tough nights, this year it's the polar opposite. 

3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

It's weird for me last year I found this team likable even on tough nights, this year it's the polar opposite. 

I think that's because last year was the first year we really had any semblance of success and some positives in a few seasons.  The year before that was brutal, so last year seemed incredibly bright in comparison.  Plus, we were getting some good bounces and luck, and there were quite a few feel-good storylines.  Nico was a young rookie and it was exciting watching him and seeing what we think he might be.  Bratt was a young guy as well just getting his shot.  Cory was hurt and we didn't know he was going to be as bad as his has been, but KK was just starting to take the reigns full-time and was actually doing well, which seemed great.  And then of course there was Hall, and that in and of itself was just elating as can be.  Sprinkle in some other things here and there like Maroon, Vatanen, etc, and you have yourself a pretty jovial team.  This year, not so much.  Expectations were higher, and I can't say many guys, if any, are really living up to them.  Pretty much Palms, and that's about it.  I guess Hall is too, but he had such a good year last year that it was almost a guarantee he wouldn't exceed it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Hard to take this team seriously while the clown that wears #6 has a C on his chest and plays top minutes. 

Keep Severson, Butcher, and Yakovlev, drive the rest of the “defense” down to the border and leave them in Mexico. 

I don't think Mexico wants them. lol