2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

what did bobby holik do to you? 

and how did Parise use us exactly? haha

I’ve told my Holik story previously. 

I worked in the Short Hills Mall and he was a regular customer. The talk was that he’d be trying free agency and that the Rangers might have interest. 

So I told him, I understand it’s his shot to sign a big contract, and I understood if that meant he had to sign elsewhere. But not with the Rangers. If he signed with the Rangers, I told him, he wouldn’t be allowed back in the store. He laughed. My manager (my best friend a d a Devils fan) laughed. I did not laugh. 

Fast forward, and the guy signs with the Rangers despite my warning!! Few months into the season, here comes new Ranger Bobby fvcking Holik strolling back into my store. 

I told him no, I had told him if he signed with the Rangers, he wasn’t allowed back in the store. I asked him to leave multiple times. Loudly, and dead ass serious. If he wasn’t a giant pro athlete, he probably would have been afraid. 

My manager let him stay (I didn’t talk to him for two weeks), and I was asked to wait in the stockroom until he was done shopping. 

You may not have remembered, Bobby, but I fvcking did!!

Parise used us by signing a 1 year deal after an injury shortened season to use as a springboard into free agency when he had no intention of returning. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 4

My buddy was in minnesota with his board - he is an aircraft engineer. He is also a devils fan too. And he met parise. He looked at him in silence. Parise asked him if he wanted to get an autograph? Buddy said "no" and left. End of story.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Guadana said:

My buddy was in minnesota with his board - he is an aircraft engineer. He is also a devils fan too. And he met parise. He looked at him in silence. Parise asked him if he wanted to get an autograph? Buddy said "no" and left. End of story.

Badass. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ve told my Holik story previously. 

I worked in the Short Hills Mall and he was a regular customer. The talk was that he’d be trying free agency and that the Rangers might have interest. 

So I told him, I understand it’s his shot to sign a big contract, and I understood if that meant he had to sign elsewhere. But not with the Rangers. If he signed with the Rangers, I told him, he wouldn’t be allowed back in the store. He laughed. My manager (my best friend a d a Devils fan) laughed. I did not laugh. 

Fast forward, and the guy signs with the Rangers despite my warning!! Few months into the season, here comes new Ranger Bobby fvcking Holik strolling back into my store. 

I told him no, I had told him if he signed with the Rangers, he wasn’t allowed back in the store. I asked him to leave multiple times. Loudly, and dead ass serious. If he wasn’t a giant pro athlete, he probably would have been afraid. 

My manager let him stay (I didn’t talk to him for two weeks), and I was asked to wait in the stockroom until he was done shopping. 

You may not have remembered, Bobby, but I fvcking did!!

lol this is hilarious.

You seem to think i'm really young. I'm Parise's age lol (which is old by NHL standards) and of course i remember Holik.

I get the Rangers thing though i guess. I just wouldn't blame any players for walking if their GM pave them the way to do so. 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

lol this is hilarious.

You seem to think i'm really young. I'm Parise's age lol (which is old by NHL standards) and of course i remember Holik.

I get the Rangers thing though i guess. I just wouldn't blame any players for walking if their GM pave them the way to do so. 

I think you misunderstood. I wasn’t saying you didn’t remember Bobby. I was saying “You didn’t remember, Bobby!”

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I think you misunderstood. I wasn’t saying you didn’t remember Bobby. I was saying “You didn’t remember, Bobby!”

Someday he will wake up in his bed. There will be a horse's head.

• Haha 3

Just now, SterioDesign said:

ohhh some quoting marks were needed there pal haha

I think the commas did the job, I set his name off with commas which you only do when addressing someone. 

Just now, Guadana said:

Someday he will wake up in his bed. There will be a horse's head.

Well I am from Staten Island...

To this day... I am still livid at The Fourth Period who had Holik re-signing with the Devils, only for him to sign with the Rangers for 9mm a season...

He came back to us later, but yea... the memory of Holik is sour.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aylbert said:

To this day... I am still livid at The Fourth Period who had Holik re-signing with the Devils, only for him to sign with the Rangers for 9mm a season...

He came back to us later, but yea... the memory of Holik is sour.

What was great though was shoving it right up his ass by winning the Cup the year after he left. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I feel like im too emotionally involved to really analyse the possibility...

So let's see... Zach is 35 and still under contract for 6 years...  

He's a 50-60 pts player with a 7.5m cap hit... he should start declining (again) sooner than later. He's been productive when healthy but his health is a concern

Unless we'd somehow get him for like... ridiculously cheap i'd stay away.

Yeah I’d pass on Zach. He made his bed, let him lie in it.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Guadana said:

To your friend, I say: 

8E39A41A-F67B-4E49-B741-9C6DDFC66EF3.gif

Edited by MadDog2020

16 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

What else do you feel at this point is missing?  Another D man?  Def a goalie.  What else if anything?

I don’t know that I’d say definitely a goalie. Blackwood could very well be the guy. 

I like the forward group a lot, but yes, another top 4 defenseman would be nice. 

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I don’t know that I’d say definitely a goalie. Blackwood could very well be the guy. 

I like the forward group a lot, but yes, another top 4 defenseman would be nice. 

I'd say we need a depth goalie, with Cory's injury history and Blackwood still not a proven commodity. I believe we only have Senn and Cormier signed otherwise. They could very well try to bring back Eddie Lack or someone like that

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not interested. I mean I would take a 50-60 point guy at a reasonable price all day long, but fvck him I’m not interested lol. 

Man I guess I'm way more vindictive than the rest of you all - but let him rot in Minnesota. 

Maybe I'm a monster, but I absolutely do not feel the slightest bit bad for him that he's lost his desire to play hockey or whatever.

That latest Athletic article about his decision - that the Devils were never really in it - really put the nail in the coffin for me.  Screw him.

I would be disgusted if we ever even considered bringing him back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Man I guess I'm way more vindictive than the rest of you all - but let him rot in Minnesota. 

Maybe I'm a monster, but I absolutely do not feel the slightest bit bad for him that he's lost his desire to play hockey or whatever.

That latest Athletic article about his decision - that the Devils were never really in it - really put the nail in the coffin for me.  Screw him.

Nope, I agree, fvck him. 

Leaving in free agency happens, I get that. But when you sit out a year injured and then sign a one year deal, you’re only trying to show the rest of the league you’re healed. Fvck that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I would also not be interested. He had his chance to finish his career as a Devil and he decided not to. I understand his choice and I'm glad he got to spend those last couple of years with his dad, but I don't think there's any point in going back down that road. 

• Like 1