Devils talked with Gallant

Nicomo

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

i trusted Shero's process but I don't trust the owners process at all at this point personally after seeing they wanted to have to be involved too much with hockey decisions and put too much stock in analytics too

They’re border-lining Pegula levels of incompetence with the more sh!t leaks out and nothing concrete from the team...

30 minutes ago, jagknife said:

They’re border-lining Pegula levels of incompetence with the more sh!t leaks out and nothing concrete from the team...

No idea who Pegula is. But sure.

Watching other teams having discussions is always interesting. Like seeing how the Bruins heard that Horton wasn't coming back (turns out in hindsight, it was a good thing not to re-sign him)

And the next video in the queue was this one. Which is also interesting to see discussions going on among scouts and management before the draft

I'd love to see something like that and see what it was for the Devils.

It's interesting to see those group work together as  a devils fan i kind of always just imagined Lou making all decisions by himself sitting in his office... in the dark.... 

Edited by SterioDesign

We don't know what "involvement" Pegula or Harris/Blitzer had. We can only speculate. Something had to happen between Ray/ownership causing him to leave abruptly.  For all we know Ray,  didn't want to fire Hynes, & did it kicking and screaming? (although he Should have done it earlier)  Hopefully the folks interviewing for GM asked Josh Harris "what came between you & Ray. Botterill & Shero didn't get job done, & you're only allowed one "rebuild".  

Hoping to see Fitz on TV as a finalist in draft lottery tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

We don't know what "involvement" Pegula or Harris/Blitzer had. We can only speculate. Something had to happen between Ray/ownership causing him to leave abruptly.  For all we know Ray,  didn't want to fire Hynes, & did it kicking and screaming? (although he Should have done it earlier)  Hopefully the folks interviewing for GM asked Josh Harris "what came between you & Ray. Botterill & Shero didn't get job done, & you're only allowed one "rebuild".  

Hoping to see Fitz on TV as a finalist in draft lottery tomorrow night. 

I mean it’s all but certain Fitz will be on TV representing us tomorrow, problem is it’s still the interm.

my big issue is the fact GMs are interviewing and have to mention that they would like to hire the GM and our team seemingly blown away. Sure it’s just rumors and whatnot but it’s coming from trustworthy people and to be honestly, it makes that report a month or so ago about essentially three different teams of bosses and no one having a clue who really is in charge of the organization seem even more real. It’s a bad look, IMO

15 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

When talking about this (and the Devils' search in general) on the latest Podcast he claimed that the Devils have put the coaching search on "pause" temporarily because they figure, if they don't go with Fitz, that the new GM will want to have a say in the coach the team hires.

So, another domino stuck behind the GM decision now.

To me this just seems logical though... why hire a guy for a position when you haven't hired his boss yet?

38 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Surely if Fitz was going to get the job they would have announced it already? The more it drags on the less chance I think there is of him staying.

could be that or simply a "leave no stone unturned" kind of thing too

1 hour ago, HellOnICE said:

The whole thing i think got derailed b/c Covid, as it's hampering other interviews - in theory.. My only real concern as of now, is if you don't think Nas is going to be the coach, than you should probably announce that. 

Buffalo hired a guy in a day. Granted that’s not the best way, nor was he the best guy, but they could get it done despite COVID if they were motivated to. 

I just hope the GM position is settled by the draft. I hate the idea of an interim GM making the decisions and then hiring someone else. 

• Like 3

On 6/25/2020 at 10:06 AM, Aitchmack said:

Surely if Fitz was going to get the job they would have announced it already? The more it drags on the less chance I think there is of him staying.

He still may get it but to me it certainly means he's not their no doubt about it # 1 guy based on the fact they're still turning over stones. It's not a good look imo if he ends up getting it after all this time.  I just don't have any confidence in the process and if after all this time they end up with Fitz anyway I'll be even more disappointed. I would find it next to impossible if they had a real organized process and strategy they would find someone more qualified that Fitz after almost 6 months at this point. IF they drag it on through the end of this season it would be what 10+ months? 

Edited by titans04

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Buffalo hired a guy in a day. Granted that’s not the best way, nor was he the best guy, but they could get it done despite COVID if they were motivated to. 

I just hope the GM position is settled by the draft. I hate the idea of an interim GM making the decisions and then hiring someone else. 

You're kind of proving my point. By the draft is October, if this season happens on the schedule we think it does. As such, if they wanted to talk to other teams' staff - they'd be able to. Buffalo hired a guy who was already there, so yeah it was done in 5 minutes. 

2 hours ago, HellOnICE said:

You're kind of proving my point. By the draft is October, if this season happens on the schedule we think it does. As such, if they wanted to talk to other teams' staff - they'd be able to. Buffalo hired a guy who was already there, so yeah it was done in 5 minutes. 

True, it only fees like the season is over. 

Felt that way since November, though. 

4 hours ago, titans04 said:

He still may get it but to me it certainly means he's not their no doubt about it # 1 guy based on the fact they're still turning over stones. It's not a good look imo if he ends up getting it after all this time.  I just don't have any confidence in the process and if after all this time they end up with Fitz anyway I'll be even more disappointed. I would find it next to impossible if they had a real organized process and strategy they would find someone more qualified that Fitz after almost 6 months at this point. IF they drag in on through the end of this season it would be what 10+ months? 

Who's out there that could replace Fitz? Cause I havent thought about GMs since I figured it was his to lose.

Gillis, Botterill....and...?

Seriously asking...

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Who's out there that could replace Fitz? Cause I havent thought about GMs since I figured it was his to lose.

Seriously asking...

Eddie O!

honestly we will probably never know the whole list of who's truly available and/or who they tried  and did speak to.

9 hours ago, jagknife said:

Seriously asking...

Shero & Hextall are way better than those two. They were both 1st time GM's, & both were bad. Jeff Skinner 9 mil?  Fitz is better equipped to handle this job.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

Shero & Hextall are way better than those two. They were both 1st time GM's, & both were bad. Jeff Skinner 9 mil?  Fitz is better equipped to handle this job.

Agreed whole heartedly, those were literally the only two names I could think of giving it about 5 minutes of thought while inhaling dinner last night.

Forgot all about Hextall to be honest