New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

I would lean towards delusional when it comes to Wedgewood although he's pretty well rested having turned pro 8-9 years ago and has under 25 NHL games under his belt.  So he's got plenty left in that NHL tank.  Honestly though I don't think it really matters in another year like this where you're just looking for growth from some key players.

As for Cory, if I had to guess he wouldn't just walk away unless it was anxiety/depression related if as some of the reports are correct where it's not a family health related issue. I think he signed here with the best of intentions and if he's struggling now within his own head I get it. It's not a safe space to be in and hockey should take a back seat as much as that sucks for the team. I wish him only the best and hope he can make whatever changes are necessary to find that inner peace.  I don't believe there was any ever intent on his part  other than to do the best he could here.  Living with high levels of anxiety/depression is truly the definition of living day to day never know what the next day will bring. 

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I would lean towards delusional when it comes to Wedgewood although he's pretty well rested having turned pro 8-9 years ago and has under 25 NHL games under his belt.  So he's got plenty left in that NHL tank.  Honestly though I don't think it really matters in another year like this where you're just looking for growth from some key players.

As for Cory, if I had to guess he wouldn't just walk away unless it was anxiety/depression related if as some of the reports are correct where it's not a family health related issue. I think he signed here with the best of intentions and if he's struggling now within his own head I get it. It's not a safe space to be in and hockey should take a back seat as much as that sucks for the team. I wish him only the best and hope he can make whatever changes are necessary to find that inner peace.  I don't believe there was any ever intent on his part  other than to do the best he could here.  Living with high levels of anxiety/depression is truly the definition of living day to day never knowing what the next day will bring but fearing it's not going to be good. 

2 hours ago, Guadana said:

5 defensemen in top-10. shooting range for the blind.

I know it's unrealistic expectations... But i'd just love to land like..... ONE sure shot dude. No matter where he's drafted... just one player we know CAN 100% produce and be effective. Like one guy that other teams would really want lol

Like other teams around us got Barzal, Petterson, Eichel, Q Hughes, Heinskanen etc etc Those guys came in and became stars right away that you can build around and you know they'll bring you something... at least a point per game kind of guy.

For us right now even with 2 recent first overall picks, we're looking at our teams and all we have are all players we're wondering if they'll reach their potential or if they are what they are

Stay far far away from Craig anderson. Washed up bum who was way overhyped here in ottawa. Basically just run rookies... Or...

Florida is desperate to get rid of bobrovsky, eat half the contract for a pick, then florida is able to run in knight. And we aren't even in same division...

I mean, who else could eat bob's contract out there?

5 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Stay far far away from Craig anderson. Washed up bum who was way overhyped here in ottawa. Basically just run rookies... Or...

Florida is desperate to get rid of bobrovsky, eat half the contract for a pick, then florida is able to run in knight. And we aren't even in same division...

I mean, who else could eat bob's contract out there?

If you take on bob, you give up on Mac for someone significantly older and playing a lot worse. Roll rookies in that case or let Jimmy Howard suck for a game a week

8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

If you take on bob, you give up on Mac for someone significantly older and playing a lot worse. Roll rookies in that case or let Jimmy Howard suck for a game a week

That was my initial thought too, but aren’t there a lot of back to backs and 3 in 4 nights? The backups may be seeing more time than we expect in this 56 game season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

There's also the possibility that a rookie somewhere in the league is pushing a veteran back up out of a job. I'm sure Fitz is working the phones. You need a backup who can step in for a bit if the starter gets hurt and I just can't see Wedge or Senn as that guy right now

As long as we aren’t breaking the bank I’m fine with it. We shouldn’t be trading any real assets for a backup goalie for a partial season in which we probably won’t be competitive. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

As long as we aren’t breaking the bank I’m fine with it. We shouldn’t be trading any real assets for a backup goalie for a partial season in which we probably won’t be competitive. 

Oh yeah I'm just talking like a minimal move for a guy that a team is trying to unload

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If Crawford needs time to do his thing it is what it is, but I wonder how that might have changed what the Devils did in the off season. Now we're on the cusp on the season's first game and he got cold feet. He barely gave the standard two weeks notice lol

Dude anything is an assumption at this point. But the fact that he took 2 maintenance day FIRST then a few personal days doesn't align logically with someone getting cold feet when he already had history of vertigo kind of syndromes caused by concussions only 2 years ago.

That's as grounded as an assumption as we can possibly respectfully take based on everything we know. Assuming he just got cold feet and didn't even give 2 weeks notice is kind of a dick take.

32 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Dude anything is an assumption at this point. But the fact that he took 2 maintenance day FIRST then a few personal days doesn't align logically with someone getting cold feet when he already had history of vertigo kind of syndromes caused by concussions only 2 years ago.

That's as grounded as an assumption as we can possibly respectfully take based on everything we know. Assuming he just got cold feet and didn't even give 2 weeks notice is kind of a dick take.

I called in sick to go to the 1995 Cup parade. But I wasn’t actually sick. Taking a “maintenance day” is so nondescript that it means basically nothing. If it were injury related, I would expect he would be on injured reserve rather than taking personal time. 

But again, it’s all speculation at this point. All we know for sure is that the scant availability of Adidas authentic jerseys saved me from having a Crawford jersey. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I called in sick to go to the 1995 Cup parade. But I wasn’t actually sick. Taking a “maintenance day” is so nondescript that it means basically nothing. If it were injury related, I would expect he would be on injured reserve rather than taking personal time. 

But again, it’s all speculation at this point. All we know for sure is that the scant availability of Adidas authentic jerseys saved me from having a Crawford jersey. 

I get that. It's all assumptions.

But say your wife usually get home from work around 5 but has a history of stopping by the grocery store on her way back from work from time to time.

So it's 5:45 and she's not home. Are you going to assume right away she's out cheating and tell people? before assuming she's simply at the grocery store which would make a lot of sense. To me it would be a dick move to assume that if she never showed any signs of being a cheater.

point is, if you dont know. at least don't make hurtful assumptions. 

Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re forgetting about Zajac. If all of the above happened and while she was gone her friend was quoted saying “I don’t know if she is going to fvck some dude, that’s up to her to decide”, I would probably be suspicious. 

Well i just remember jumping to conclusion about Rask. then when it came out that it was a medical emergency with his daughter i kind of felt like a dick for jumping to conclusions. Being a dick isn't illegal either it's fine. I just think we should at least wait to know whats up before we literally say that he got cold feet and didn't bother to give us 2 weeks notice lol and treat it as a fact

I, for one, am not treating it as a fact, but it’s a fair interpretation of what we’ve seen so far. Which makes it fair to discuss. Whether it ends up being wrong or not.

A guy doesn’t take personal time because he’s injured. They have injured time for that. Family medical issue is possible. So’s him bailing out because he thinks he made a mistake coming here and his heart isn’t in it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I, for one, am not treating it as a fact, but it’s a fair interpretation of what we’ve seen so far. Which makes it fair to discuss. Whether it ends up being wrong or not.

A guy doesn’t take personal time because he’s injured. They have injured time for that. Family medical issue is possible. So’s him bailing out because he thinks he made a mistake coming here and his heart isn’t in it. 

well i dont consider getting vertigo kind of symptoms as been injured either. Maybe he doesn't feel right

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well i dont consider getting vertigo kind of symptoms as been injured either. Maybe he doesn't feel right

Why would he not go on injured reserve if that were the case?

Especially since I think he’d still be getting paid, whereas an indefinite leave, I am not sure he will. 

Edited by mfitz804