The Weird 2020 Off-Season Thread

jagknife

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Stamkos traded to New Jersey, suffers season ending injury getting off the plane. 

or the 2020 version: Stamkos boards plane for NJ, suffers papercut reading magazine, contracts staph infection which mutates into Hossa’s equipment allergy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

CBJ won that. 

I feel that way as well in a sense. Domi just wasn't working out anymore in MTL.

I really like Anderson though. Apparently, he got a concussion on the first game of the season last year, and got injured at the 1/4 season. It was a pretty ''off'' year for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he got 20 goals this year. He's also bigger than Domi, something MTL really needs.

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

CBJ won that. 

i think the same. But montreal was trying to solve their problems. Domi wasnt good on the wing and ended his play in bottom-6. I think it`s a good trade for both sides. And now CBJ with 28 goal scoring last season should find... goal scorer.

The Fraud Period is making a big deal out of Palms not having a contract extension yet.

I get trying to stock the cupboard with futures, but someone is going to need to put the freaking puck in the net, at this point unless we're getting a 20+ goal scorer back for him, don't freaking do it.

• Like 1

So the Sens are not even making qualifying offer for Duclair.

So when he was drafted by the Rangers i said that i heard many many bad reports about him in the Q about his attitude being problematic.

I forgot who it was.. but someone in here was like "ohhh how typical, another black player dragged in the mud by Canadian media and SD doesnt like him"

Well... now that he's been abandoned by 5 NHL teams within 7 years... I feel it's fair to say that maybe JUST MAYBE those reports were on to something lol

Duclair’s quick-glance numbers actually weren’t half-bad with the Sens.  Might now be one of those bad-team players who bounces around the league to fill out non-contending rosters, and who occasionally finds himself on a relevant team as a low-cost rental (unless his presence really is so toxic that no one wants to bother).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t know about the Canadian media racist issues, but this guy can’t stick anywhere, that makes me worried. 

It's not a canadian media racist issue thing. It's about people who hear someone critic someone (who just happen to be black) based on things they do or say, not related to their skin colour in any way... but they assume right away that you're racist for daring say anything bad about a black person... i'll never understand that virtue signalling mentality lol Hey there's sh!tty people in every groups. Bill Cosby is a piece of sh!t. Here i said it. 

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Duclair’s quick-glance numbers actually weren’t half-bad with the Sens.  Might now be one of those bad-team players who bounces around the league to fill out non-contending rosters, and who occasionally finds himself on a relevant team as a low-cost rental (unless his presence really is so toxic that no one wants to bother).

Yeah cause he really wasn't that bad. He had a really strong start in NY, i didnt pay attention much after but i remember seeing a few highlight reel videos of him and his last season in Ottawa was pretty good

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

It's not a canadian media racist issue thing. It's about people who hear someone critic someone (who just happen to be black) based on things they do or say, not related to their skin colour in any way... but they assume right away that you're just saying that because of their skin colour... i'll never understand that virtue signalling mentality lol Hey there's sh!tty people in every groups.

Yeah cause he really wasn't that bad. He had a really strong start in NY, i didnt pay attention much after but i remember seeing a few highlight reel videos of him and his last season in Ottawa was pretty good

I went into it in another thread...he was red-hot for a 33-game stretch, but started slow before that and tailed off after.  I’d think those 33 games alone will lead to some interest.