The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

We could maybe get Bastian back from Seattle, Washington got their goalie back.

I honestly have no clue what the fvck Seattle is doing. Their team has zero scorers and they draft three goalies and then sign another one to replace them all and ship one out for a second round pick.

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

what are the chances the devils dive in on Krejci? Boston can’t currently afford him. if fitz shows up tomorrow and says hey, we’ll give you $12m for 2 years to be our 3rd line center and we need an answer today...?

I was surprised that I hadn't heard his name today at all. I just assumed that meant he may already have had a deal with BOS in place.  I think that would be a great pickup for us. 

Can we get him and Saad or have I now crossed the line after the fine day we had today?

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

what are the chances the devils dive in on Krejci? Boston can’t currently afford him. if fitz shows up tomorrow and says hey, we’ll give you $12m for 2 years to be our 3rd line center and we need an answer today...?

if this happens. Would you say that Boston lost Krejci because they are in cap hell? :P

26 minutes ago, MB3 said:

My brother-in-law, who is a huge Bruins fan, told me the word up there is they are trying to move DeBrusk or Coyle to free up space for Krejci.

Edited by MadDog2020

i was not a fan at all of the whole Lou signing old vets to actually build a full team of them to stay afloat and try to win.

But with a lot of young talent coming up but maybe not ready yet. Once free agency calmed down and that we don't have many trade options. I wouldn't be oppose to sign a veteran for 1-2 year just to fill the gap until younger guys like holtz or mercer are ready for the NHL.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

i think this is an important distinction and it’s one I agree with. signing the shell of ryane clowe to a deal with no clue how to replace him was the beginning of the end for Lou’s devils.

signing some vets with a clear plan of succession is how a hockey team should be built.

we've been agreeing too much lately.

its fvcking creeping me the fvck out

• Haha 2

guys we could literally have this team... still have like 4-5m free (i was generous on the sharangovich and kuokkanen contracts) then get back 9m with subban leaving. Then Tarasenko off the book the next season after. Right when some of your young guys like holtz and mercer might be ready. Of course that's assuming we dont send any of those players in a tarasenko trade

Not saying this will happen. But just the fact that it could technically happen just shows that weaponizing the cap can work

2015398182_ScreenShot2021-07-29at1_07_19AM.thumb.png.005924feff4e85ac40e6d94fbfbb1167.png

• Like 1

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Today was so good I almost forgot that they're planning on bringing back the same coaching staff next year. :doh1:

Well, Nas has an actual NHL caliber defense now (with a pretty strong top 4 honestly) so no more excuses. 

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

guys we could literally have this team... still have like 4-5m free (i was generous on the sharangovich and kuokkanen contracts) then get back 9m with subban leaving. Then Tarasenko off the book the next season after. Right when some of your young guys like holtz and mercer might be ready. Of course that's assuming we dont send any of those players in a tarasenko trade

Not saying this will happen. But just the fact that it could technically happen just shows that weaponizing the cap can work

2015398182_ScreenShot2021-07-29at1_07_19AM.thumb.png.005924feff4e85ac40e6d94fbfbb1167.png

That’s a nice team on paper. Not a fan of the 4th line of boqvist and andersson. 

• Like 1