GDT: Devils @ Florida 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

Haven’t watched this tonight, but I’m guessing that I can delete this one?

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Haven’t watched this tonight, but I’m guessing that I can delete this one?

They had 22 (22!!) shots in the first period. They scored once, as Knight stood on his head. They proceeded to give up a sh!t goal with 6 seconds to go in the period, making a game the Devils should’ve been leading 3 or 4-0 1-1 after 1. The Panthers proceeded to steamroll us in the second. So yeah, delete that sh!t.

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

They had 22 (22!!) shots in the first period. They scored once, as Knight stood on his head. They proceeded to give up a sh!t goal with 6 seconds to go in the period, making a game the Devils should’ve been leading 3 or 4-0 1-1 after 1. The Panthers proceeded to steamroll us in the second. So yeah, delete that sh!t.

I do look forward to the days when the Devils find assistant coaches who assist.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Eh, it’s not the job of the assistant coaches to stop pucks…

Mac has been awful. 

This isn’t a one-night thing…nASS and TrainRecchi bring zilch.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Devils also got jobbed on an offsides challenge in the second period too. It’s just been an annoying and frustrating game in just about every way.

It still blows my mind how often the Devils get fvcked over on calls.  It happens a LOT.

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

again; the NHL clarified the rule two off-seasons ago. if you’re in possession of the puck you’re allowed to be “offsides” / beat the puck into the zone. 

you can disagree with the rule but this was called correctly. 

…but he wasn’t “in possession” when he crossed.   The Florida broadcast crew even thought it was a bad call and I usually find them to be terribly biased.   

Regardless, you can’t dominate the first period like that and come out tied.   That’s where this game was lost.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MB3 said:

again; the NHL clarified the rule two off-seasons ago. if you’re in possession of the puck you’re allowed to be “offsides” / beat the puck into the zone. 

you can disagree with the rule but this was called correctly. 

I wasn’t even aware of this, and it’s a stupid fvcking rule if that’s the case. You beat the puck into the zone, you’re offsides. 

• Like 1