2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m New Jersey adjacent, and it’s like anywhere else, there’s beautiful parts and there’s sh!tty parts. The reputation thing is mostly from jokes and stuff that’s been in movies and Tv and regurgitated on the internet. 

It’s also an outsiders personal experience. Most people who don’t live here experience NJ because they are using Newark Airport or driving through which means Parkway or Turnpike, the twin paths of hell. 

It’s the same way people think NY is just the city and not a large open state once you get an hour north 

57 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

If you take Lou's tenure as a whole you also need to acknowledge all the talent in its prime that he simply let walk for nothing. That's just not a good way to run a business or anything. His assets management is absolutely horrible and it got a lot worst with the cap. And his unwillingness to adjust never helped that.

You also have to acknowledge the bad drafting and not doing anything about it letting David Conte being terrible at his jobs for over 10 years and doing nothing. Some fans wanted Shero or Fitz crucified for not firing a bad coach or assistant coach after a bad year but were fine with Lou not firing Conte who's been bad for over a decade?

It's absolutely possible to acknowledge the good things he did and not put your head in the sand completely about his downfalls too. There's literally no perfect GM in NHL history. And many very good GMs never won a cup. Just like some of the best players never won a cup. 

Every GM has downfalls, but the Cups outweigh.  Would you rather not have the cups because of the downfalls?  Sorry, but it doesn’t make sense to me that the downfalls outweigh the cups.

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

So no Fiala, Debrincat, JG, Luke Hughes, probably no Nemec...

Why the fvck am I tuning in to watch this team this year, again?

For hope, lol.  Maybe, if they draft perfectly and retain every great pick, you know, no downfalls one day they will compete.

1 minute ago, nessus said:

I'm on board for signing Palat. I think of him the way Conte used to think of Dainius Zubrus - if you have a team full of Palats, you'll win a lot of games. Sure, he doesn't fit the timeline, but I don't think he plays the type of game that would decline quickly. He has also shown he can play up and down a lineup. And I think he plays with the grit that the Devils are missing, especially on a line with Hughes. 

Before any other trades or signings, which I definitely can see Fitz doing still:

Palat-Hughes-Sharangovich

Bratt-Hischier-Mercer

Holtz-Haula-Zetterlund

Wood-Boqvist-Bastian

Tatar and Johnsson have to fit in there somewhere too

So you think a guy who was never able to score 20 goals playing on a stacked tampa team... the solution to help Jack? Scored 23 goals once like 9 years ago...

That's just another Tatar.

6 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

There's no way JG considers living in Ohio better. Besides Cleveland, parts if Cincy and Columbus, Ohio is full of hillbillys and sh!t kickers. It's basically Kentucky and West Virginia outside those three cities

Guess what Cleveland, Cincy and Columbus are full of? Hint: See Newark.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And most of them I would be ok including. Not Luke Hughes, maybe not Nemec (but maybe I would). Everyone else in the AHL I would consider. 

Hot take, if Mercer and/or Holtz are the ask, they’re packing their bags if I’m the GM and there is a Tkachuk extension in place. 

But, do they HAVE to??

Holtz, Mercer, Tatar and Johnson for Tkachuk with a contract extension.

28 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean i dont live in NJ. But i keep hearing from people literally all over north America is that it's the armpit of the states. A sh!tty place to live, etc etc etc

Listen to me: I’m 43 years old and I have lived every last fvcking second of those 43 years in this state. It’s not the motherfvcking armpit of anything, and any a$$hole who says that has: A). Never set foot here and just repeats peckerhead stereotypes, or B). They drove 8 miles on the Turnpike and thinks this makes them an authority on a place they know absolutely jack motherfvcking sh!t about. I have absolutely had it with my state getting pilloried from dipsh!t outsiders who don’t know their dick from their a$$hole (not saying that’s you, but I’m definitely saying that about the people you claim to know).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Yeah come on now. Tatar and Johnsson- what on God’s green earth would ever make you think Calgary would have any interest in either of those two sacks of sh!t? Get real.

Edited by MadDog2020

4 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Throw a 1st or two in there and maybe they listen.

Really think the time to make the deal was with the 2OA - timing just didn't work out.

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Listen to me: I’m 43 years old and I have lived every last fvcking second of those 43 years in this state. It’s not the motherfvcking armpit of anything, and any a$$hole who says that has: A). Never set foot here and just repeats peckerhead stereotypes, or B). They drove 8 miles on the Turnpike and thinks this makes them an authority on a place they know absolutely jack motherfvcking sh!t about. I have absolutely had it with my state getting pilloried from dipsh!t outsiders who don’t know their dick from their a$$hole (not saying that’s you, but I’m definitely saying that about the people you claim to know).

My profane friend here has a point. Quite frankly, we get the same sh!t here in Staten Island as well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

tell me "I've literally never seen Palat play hockey" without telling me "I've literally never seen Palat play hockey." 

Tell me "i ignore context" without saying "i ignore context".

example down there

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

tell me "I've literally never seen Palat play hockey" without telling me "I've literally never seen Palat play hockey." 

Palat is a useful role player but he will NOT bring the kind of production that any of us would want and expect from someone playing on the top line with Hughes. Absolutely not. 

Edited by SterioDesign

All in all this entire day fvcking blows… checking the phone like a crackhead because every rumor has us linked to this guy, just to get pissed on. What the fvck. This team has not really gotten any better from last year. It’s going to be the exact same story, and dont tell me “ but oh we got a goalie” no what we got was an offloaded goalie that a winning team didnt see a good use for and they needed to dump him to go after kuemper who is the goalie we should’ve been making a push for. Not taking someone else’s scraps. “But Blackwood will be back and fits says he’s our guy” oh what a fvcking joy. Da fvck outta here. This organization is becoming one big well known dumpster fire and players are seeing it. “ but wait Hamilton signed here “ big fvckin deal, he ain’t pushing the needle and we probably offered him the biggest lump of money. We will blow his best most productive seasons the way we sit right now. See Cory Schneider if you need. fvck

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Couldn’t agree more, lived many years in Central Jersey, went to school in South Jersey, also lived in Hoboken.  Now I’m living in LI because of the wife.  Absolutely despise LI and would do anything to live in NJ.  Absolutely loved it there.  So many places to visit.  Never that far from the shore, can go to any one of many states within a couple hours.  I constantly have this conversation with friends and it’s true, everything you need, any sporting event you want to attend, any outdoor activity you want to take part of you can.  Not many places around the country you can say the same about.  Would move back tonight if I could.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

All in all this entire day fvcking blows… checking the phone like a crackhead because every rumor has us linked to this guy, just to get pissed on. What the fvck. This team has not really gotten any better from last year. It’s going to be the exact same story, and dont tell me “ but oh we got a goalie” no what we got was an offloaded goalie that a winning team didnt see a good use for and they needed to dump him to go after kuemper who is the goalie we should’ve been making a push for. Not taking someone else’s scraps. “But Blackwood will be back and fits says he’s our guy” oh what a fvcking joy. Da fvck outta here. This organization is becoming one big well known dumpster fire and players are seeing it. “ but wait Hamilton signed here “ big fvckin deal, he ain’t pushing the needle and we probably offered him the biggest lump of money. We will blow his best most productive seasons the way we sit right now. See Cory Schneider if you need. fvck

im glad you're glad

2 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you NJDevs on draft day. 

• Sad 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

im glad you're glad

Glad is an understatement buddy, im fvckin over the top thrilled that we literally missed out on every single quality FA today because we once again put all of our eggs in one guys basket. There is no way to make this team better now without a trade. Palat ain’t moving the needle either

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well that's fine

But again, it's fine but just don't be the same guy sh!tting on Colombus saying similar things. Cause over there, there's certainly someone saying the same thing about you and people saying the same thing