GDT: Sharks @ Devils 1PM 10/22

Nicomo

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’d say easily top 10. There’s really only a handful of guys you can make a case for over Bratt.

Matthews 

Laine (I personally wouldn’t take him over Bratt)

Tkachuk

Sergachev 

McAvoy

Fox

Debrincat

That’s about it unless I’m missing someone.

I haven’t looked at the draft but holy crap, that was a strong draft lol. 

15 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’d say easily top 10. There’s really only a handful of guys you can make a case for over Bratt.

Matthews 

Laine (I personally wouldn’t take him over Bratt)

Tkachuk

Sergachev 

McAvoy

Fox

Debrincat

That’s about it unless I’m missing someone.

I don’t know if I take Laine over Bratt either. Laine’s stock has really fallen over the past few years. I remember when Jets fans used to think he was on the same level as Matthews. Now he’s got a reputation for floating about the ice. Still will get you 30 goals a year though so he’s doing something right.

Just now, devlman said:

I don’t know if I take Laine over Bratt either. Laine’s stock has really fallen over the past few years. I remember when Jets fans used to think he was on the same level as Matthews. Now he’s got a reputation for floating about the ice. Still will get you 30 goals a year though so he’s doing something right.

It’s a tough choice, and I don’t know if Bratt has yet hit his peak. While those re-drafts are obviously an exercise in hindsight, I don’t think we yet know enough about Bratt to make that call. 

On top of that, while Laine does have that reputation, Bratt may provide difficult or impossible to re-sign. So I’m unsure. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s a tough choice, and I don’t know if Bratt has yet hit his peak. While those re-drafts are obviously an exercise in hindsight, I don’t think we yet know enough about Bratt to make that call. 

On top of that, while Laine does have that reputation, Bratt may provide difficult or impossible to re-sign. So I’m unsure. 

I’m not considering contract in a redraft scenario, but yes agreed while we are enjoying Bratt’s breakout and assuming it’s here to stay, it is very early to give him a benefit of doubt over another player who has been doing it for years.

13 minutes ago, devlman said:

I’m not considering contract in a redraft scenario, but yes agreed while we are enjoying Bratt’s breakout and assuming it’s here to stay, it is very early to give him a benefit of doubt over another player who has been doing it for years.

Nor should you, but I will be bitter if he doesn’t sign and I won’t want to say anything nice about him if that happens lol. 

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Every point he posts is awesome but I’m hearing the cash register each time lol

I have to assume he is going to be paid big time. I’ll leave it to people who follow the cap to tell us why we will or won’t have room to get it done. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Oh wait…I forgot some people are SO tired of stats. Delete this immediately!

Stuff your sarcasm. I don't like algebraic stats. i.e. 

- Bahl: 69.32 CF% / 95.42 xGF% - Smith: 43.75 CF% / 42.30 xGF% 

Showing a list of numbers is not the same.

After 20+ plus years I never thought I would say "fvck thus place" but I will..fvck this place!!!

Edited by StarDew

Just now, StarDew said:

After 20+ plus years I never thought I would say "fvck thus place" but I will. fvck this place!!!

All of us? Should we form a line? 

• Shocking 1

3 minutes ago, StarDew said:

After 20+ plus years I never thought I would say "fvck thus place" but I will..fvck this place!!!

image.gif.8a72c241947c73ad8121e2a7989d8e53.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Meant to talk about this back at the home opener but how the hell did Whoopi Goldberg end up doing commentary for the 03 cup dvd and not Patrick Warburton who is incredible at it and actually has a real connection to the team...

Was/is this the new intro video? I wont find out until December if at all.

If so, its a significant step up from Dano's huge head looking like the Great and Powerful Oz, minus the green. That intro was atrocious..

Edited by jagknife

17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I have to assume he is going to be paid big time. I’ll leave it to people who follow the cap to tell us why we will or won’t have room to get it done. 

Don't even think you need to follow the cap to know we have room to get it done. Especially after whiffing on Gaudreau this year. 

Next year they will have Tatar, Wood, Haula, Severson, and Graves coming off the books. Even if it was *just* Tatar, his 4.5 is plenty to bridge the gap between Bratt's current contract (5.5) and what he'll likely get next year (8.5? 9?).

They will have roughly $43m to play with next offseason. Of course, a lot of that money will be used to fill out big holes on the front (there are only 5 forwards signed for next year). But you'd expect some of the younger kids to fill those spots, and hopefully a free agent or two. 

On 10/22/2022 at 10:24 PM, mfitz804 said:

Except that didn’t happen. He had a good game, people are happy he had a good game and are saying “what if”. 

Plus, your take is weird in that you say they are in 6th place in the division, where in reality, point wise you could also say they are tied for second, and the whole fvcking division is nearly equal in the standings. 

Sorry for thinking that Mackenzie Blackwood is a terrible goalie.

He has played in 135 games in his career and has won 58. In those 135 games he has allowed almost 3 goals per game. I think that is what GAA 2.93 means. For the 135 games he had a Save % of .907, not very good for a #1 NHL Goalie.

Now this season he has played in 5 games, won 3 and lost 2 and his GAA has improved to 2.81 and he has a Save % of .871 for those 5 games. 

Sorry, these are the stats for our #1 goalie. 

I have never had any luck making chicken salad out of chicken sh!t. 

Later

42 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

He has played in 135 games in his career and has won 58. In those 135 games he has allowed almost 3 goals per game. I think that is what GAA 2.93 means. For the 135 games he had a Save % of .907, not very good for a #1 NHL Goalie.

Now this season he has played in 5 games, won 3 and lost 2 and his GAA has improved to 2.81 and he has a Save % of .871 for those 5 games. 

Later

That’s completely different than what you said initially. You said people were crowning him, nobody was. 

35 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Hard to believe a guy who has spent his entire career on terrible teams has few wins

Ask Chico Resch, re:  the Devils part of his career.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brewskies said:

Later

How convenient it is to look at stats without context ignoring he was playing hurt for a large chunk of those games.

• Like 2