GDT: Capitals @ Devils 7PM 10/24

Nicomo

what might be getting lost in my comments that should be repeated and clarified — Mackenzie Blackwood is turning me into a believer  again and every goalie is allowed a few duds. Tonight was a dud in my eyes. I hope, and think, he bounces back in a big way.

• Like 2

So basically the Devils stop about 85% of the shots they face and score on about 5% of their own.  Ugh.  Gotta get better on both ends I would think (hope).

• Like 3

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Perfect saucer pass. 

Yep. The finish too. Would've liked to see Vanecek try a poke check there (Full disclosure, I think the poke check is a very underrated move that would surprise many shooters and I think ALL goalies should poke check more than they do), but you can't fault him on that goal. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Severson might as well have been a traffic cone lol. 

There’s always been fans willing to bend over backwards to defend him.  Never quite understood that.  He has his good moments, but man there are also SO many maddening ones…

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

There’s always been fans willing to bend over backwards to defend him.  Never quite understood that.  He has his good moments, but man there are also SO many maddening ones…

He always makes great offensive plays that make me like him, and then he tries to play defense. Maybe he does need to be a 4th line forward.