GDT: Coyotes @ Devils, 7:00 Did I catch a niner in there?

Colorado Rockies 1976

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Whatever the hell that thing is still looks better than that lineup lol

Somehow that group managed to notch a point that night, in a SO loss.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201903050NJD.html

But that’s kind of lineup that puts a team in position to select 1OA in the following draft…hmmm…

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Good lord... 

My first reaction seeing that was that HAD to be a preseason lineup. That there was no way an NHL team looked like that. But then the suppressed memories came flooding back and I realized that was once reality.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Even if I have my doubts about Lindy long-term and how much he really has to do with what we’re seeing…this was still a really cool (and creative) gesture on the fans’ part, and an equally cool response by Lindy.  Just glad to see everyone (coaches, players and fans) having a such good time with this hockey thing.  We’ve just had so little of that.

And on that note, I think the core really needed this too.  If that 0-2 start had turned into another hole to dig out of…guys like Nico and Jesper are probably starting to head into “Jesus H are we EVER going to stop sucking?!” mode.  Now they’re really believing, and it’s a blast to watch.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Even if I have my doubts about Lindy long-term and how much he really has to do with what we’re seeing…this was still a really cool (and creative) gesture on the fans’ part, and a equally cool response by Lindy.  Just glad to see everyone (coaches, players and fans) having a good time with this hockey thing.  We’ve just had so little of that.

And on that note, I think the core really needed this too.  If that 0-2 start had turned into another hole to dig out of…guys like Nico and Jesper are probably starting to head into “Jesus H are we EVER going to stop sucking?!” mode.  Now they’re really believing, and it’s a blast to watch.

Yeah, you always wonder just exactly how much involvement the coach has in wins and losses, and more specifically, streaks; but if he's going to get the blame when the team is playing terribly, he should get the credit when they're playing great too. 

I tip my cap to Lindy right now. He certainly has a fair amount of talent to work with, but they're a young group and that's not the easiest to manage, so kudos for assembling them in a way that has worked so far this season.  Here's to keeping it going. 

• Like 4

I still think that the crowd acting like we originally did with booing and being upset helped lit a fire under their asses. Guys were sick of being losers and having the season be over before Thanksgiving even hit. I'm sure none of those guys enjoyed being booed off the ice like they were 

Look how much personality Nico has been showing since they actually started winning. It's like he's new person with swagger, he was banging on the glass at the fans celebrating when the final horn went last night. I absolutely love it.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Great seeing you bro! Awesome night at the Rock! And I’m a big weed guy, but the family bathroom? C’mon man. Time and place. 

That is certainly not the worst thing that has occurred in there. I have seen many an adult couple emerge from there. 

• Angry 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That is certainly not the worst thing that has occurred in there. I have seen many an adult couple emerge from there. 

Yeah I remember taking my then-four-year-old daughter and waiting patiently for the family bathroom to open up (she had to go VERY badly) and out comes this couple that looks SO guilty.  I was PISSED.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I remember taking my then-four-year-old daughter and waiting patiently for the family bathroom to open up (she had to go VERY badly) and out comes this couple that looks SO guilty.  I was PISSED.

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s fvcked up

Yup, absolutely. I used to just very loudly point out that it’s for families to go to the bathroom, not for making a family. Then they would scurry off quickly. 

• Like 3

I had a friend that got caught doing that in the bathroom during probably the first or second season the Rock was open.  She was "banned for life" until she wrote an apology letter.  Allegedly.  I haven't seen her years but I imagine she's added other sports venues to that list.

6 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I had a friend that got caught doing that in the bathroom during probably the first or second season the Rock was open.  She was "banned for life" until she wrote an apology letter.  Allegedly.  I haven't seen her years but I imagine she's added other sports venues to that list.

Your friend is gross lol. I don’t even like peeing in arena bathroom and feel like I need a full shower after doing so. 

Edited by mfitz804

3 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Decriminalizing it wasn’t enough, now we have to smell that sh!t everywhere.  

One problem is nearly every a$$hole around here that takes advantage of that new law goes ahead and smokes while driving, which is still not legal. Can’t drive anywhere here without smelling it. 

Classic situation of idiots being given an inch and taking a mile. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

One problem is nearly every a$$hole around here that takes advantage of that new law goes ahead and smokes while driving, which is still not legal. Can’t drive anywhere here without smelling it. 

Classic situation of idiots being given an inch and taking a mile. 

Exactly, I own a pizza shop with tenants upstairs and a bar about 30 feet away.  The landlords and the local police can’t do anything because it’s a misdemeanor with a $100 fine.  If the fine isn’t paid the courts dismiss the complaint.  So basically, it’s completely unenforceable.

16 hours ago, devlman said:

My first reaction seeing that was that HAD to be a preseason lineup. That there was no way an NHL team looked like that. But then the suppressed memories came flooding back and I realized that was once reality.

That was the year Nico crashed into the boards and had the leg injury.  Correct me if I’m wrong.  I think Hall was injured to start the season too.