Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

Just now, Jimmy Leeds said:

I get the thought process. He can't skate like Wood or faceoff like Haula but he has potted a few more 

Glad I'm not GM

And of course, the ONLY way I do this is if the Ducks take on half (or very close to that) of Henrique's remaining money.  Henrique at under $3 million is pretty good value.  At much more than that, not nearly as much.  I would also try to get the Ducks to take Smith back, but doubt they would be willing.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

I'm not arguing, I'm calmly talking about it and expressing my opinion.

Is that okay?

Guy, I wasn’t even confrontational in the slightest. I civilly countered your assertion that Henrique wouldn’t be an upgrade. That’s how message boards work. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So this deadline day is weird, I’m sitting here and… well… not really caring if we do anything.

Not the usual “holy sh!t please do X, Y or Z.” Thanks Fitz!

Also nice not to be waiting for a selling purge, and seeing what pieces the Devils collected to draft assets that maybe help 2-4 years down the line. 

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Guy, I wasn’t even confrontational in the slightest. I civilly countered your assertion that Henrique wouldn’t be an upgrade. That’s how message boards work. 

My apologies. I guess I'm just on edge after getting blasted in the past for every single comment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

From Vancouver for a pick

Looking at his numbers and trying to figure out what he brings.  He seems like a guy who’s kinda just there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s been his whole career pretty much lol

Guessing Fitz simply couldn’t clear enough space to do anything more.  That’s OK.  It’s a depth move.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

I take lazar over bastian any day

Just now, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

Basically he is a guy who plays really hard, does not take bad penalties and teammates love him, but yes his offense is nil.

I think with our style of play he may surprise us

Just now, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

Basically he is a guy who plays really hard, does not take bad penalties and teammates love him, but yes his offense is nil.

That was the one thing I did notice about him…he absolutely avoids the box (can only imagine what a former member could’ve done with that one heh heh).

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Looking at his numbers and trying to figure out what he brings.  He seems like a guy who’s kinda just there.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s been his whole career pretty much lol

Dude was actually a 1st round pick… :o

Also, I don’t understand people being down on Bastian at all. He’s a perfect 4th liner.

• Like 2

I mentioned earlier the Devils are really good, and today would be about improving if they could on the margins, every little bit helps, and Lazar probably makes them harder to play against then Bastian and or Wood.

Still hoping for another move or 2, a little better bottom 6 guy and a better version of Smith if they can do that.