Sens vs Devils. 7pm Clinching night, second chance

pumpkin cutter

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I gotta ask- how did you end up a Devs fan living in Ottawa?

That's a long story. I grew up west of Toronto, so Leaf land. Started collecting Pannani stickers of NHL in the 80s and NJ just looked the best lol, really liked the colours. Also, my dad hated Leafs so I gained that hatred. Later in life moved to Ottawa.

Edited by Rob_Ottawa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Chico was actually quite pissed initially when he first moved here with the Devils…he signed a multi-year deal to stay with the Rockies after having been promised that ownership was committed to improving the team and staying in Colorado.  When both of those “promises” weren’t kept (within a year after Chico had re-signed), and then it was obvious that the Devils were not going to try to fast-track building a competitive team, his first reaction was “Why the hell do I want to stick around for THIS?!”

But being the awesome guy that he is, he quickly accepted his situation and decided he was going to be the best presence that he could possibly be for the young kids that would be making their way onto the roster in the seasons to come, even though he would be too old to be a part of things by the time the Devils were ready to stop being awful on the ice.

And of course, one of Chico’s favorite stories:  he once got pulled over for running a red light.  The cop was asking Chico for the usual stuff, and then recognized him and said “Wait, aren’t you Chico Resch?”

”Yeah” replied Chico.

”You play goal for the Devils?”

”Yeah”

”Well you of all people knows what a red light looks like!”

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

That's a long story. I grew up west of Toronto, so Leaf land. Started collecting Pannani stickers of NHL in the 80s and NJ just looked the best lol, really liked the colours. Also, my dad hated Leafs so I gained that hatred. Later in life moved to Ottawa.

You probably get that question even more than I do. I actually started following the Devils for a multitude of reasons. Their  jerseys, colors, team name, Kevin Smith’s View Askew universe, etc. Not to mention they were always one of the best teams in the league when I first got really into hockey during the early 00’s. We got the Blue Jackets here in Ohio but they never really had many players I liked outside of Rick Nash, and their jerseys were awful. 

I usually just give people the simplest answer that I really liked Scott Stevens and the A-Line lol. 

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You probably get that question even more than I do. I actually started following the Devils for a multitude of reasons. Their  jerseys, colors, team name, Kevin Smith’s View Askew universe, etc. Not to mention they were always one of the best teams in the league when I first got really into hockey during the early 00’s. We got the Blue Jackets here in Ohio but they never really had many players I liked outside of Rick Nash, and their jerseys were awful. 

I usually just give people the simplest answer that I really liked Scott Stevens and the A-Line lol. 

I followed and liked the Devils before Stevens came, but he was definitely my all time fav.  My only celebrity tie to the Devils is meeting Scott's father at a small hockey rink in my little home town and playing in the same Kitchener arena as Scott. Best I can do for fame lol. 

Edited by Rob_Ottawa
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

23 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So clean. 

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

These jerseys make me just miss the bottom stripes on our current jerseys even more

God those uniforms are so crisp.

give me it with the green swapped for black when Fanatics takes over and I’ll be extremely happy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

That wasn't a long story at all