GDT: 4/22/23, Game 3, Devils @ Rangers

Colorado Rockies 1976

6 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

It was an ABC/ESPN exclusive; no regional broadcast last night.

Oh, thanks. I guess MSG did the own post-game then?

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Supposedly even Marty was in on the decision. 

I imagine that meeting was like:

Everyone: Ok guys, who we gonna start in net?

Lindy: What about Miles Wood though?

Everyone: We're talking about the goalies, we already told you Wood is riding the pine. Who we star....

Lindy: Yea, but Woody, ya know, he's got that gri.....

Everyone: WE ARE NOT PLAYING MILES WOOD!

Lindy:

image.png.1be06b7dda55e0d1789ebdde5ba64c0e.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I still can't get over that Meier into the goal play in the second period after watching the replay over and over. He got pushed by Schneider and turned a little and came down really hard on Shesterkin's leg. It's really similar to Trouba trying to take out our best player with a hit at the blue line. 

This is so what this team needs.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Thank god Blackwood got sh!thoused in Game #82, or we’d be in a 3-0 hole

Yeah with what sure felt like an endless well of chances for Yeller, I get the feeling that his start vs. Washington was finally the last straw.  Doubly so when Schmid came in to slam the door shut.

8 hours ago, capo said:

He's positionally sound and got in the Rangers heads a little bit thinking they had to be perfect with their shots. He didn't have to flop around to make saves. He's been the better goalie this year. VV has been very good, but I don't think he puts fear in shooters. Whereas, Schmid takes up the whole net and forces the shooter to think.

Schmid made all of 14 starts this season.  Maybe he has more upside than VV (I still need to see more of Schmid), but like I’ve mentioned before, VV had a 15-game burst where he put up save% of .932, a 14-game run where he put up a .927 mark, and closed out his season with a .925 save% over his final 11 games.  Let me see Schmid go on similar extended runs before I start calling him the better goalie.  

It is nice to see a guy be able to turn a terrific performance when called upon though, when the other guy isn’t at his best.  Last night probably doesn’t happen if Yeller gets the call.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Now... Almost everyone else needs to step up too and then they'll be golden.

Yep. It’s encouraging that they haven’t even come close to playing their best yet and still somehow stole a win on the road. Just need guys like Nico and Timo to start finding the back of the net now. 

• Like 2