Jesper Bratt SIGNED 8YR / $63 / $7.875 AAV

RunninWithTheDevil

Damn sh!t's official.  Well, welcome back Jesper.

According to Capfriendly (Jesper's hit is already up there...they don't fvck around there, so they?), Devils have about $26.4 million left in cap space.

Timo figures to eat up $8 - 10 million of that, if Fitz re-signs him.  So probably $16 - $18 million to spend for the rest.

1 minute ago, DevilMinder said:

Really 63 million? Damn Fitz lets keep the jersey numbers under 35 for now on.

Glad he is signed!

Now we know why Timo wore #96...yikes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Damn sh!t's official.  Well, welcome back Jesper.

According to Capfriendly (Jesper's hit is already up there...they don't fvck around there, so they?), Devils have about $26.4 million left in cap space.

Timo figures to eat up $8 - 10 million of that, if Fitz re-signs him.  So probably $16 - $18 million to spend for the rest.

Now we know why Timo wore #96...yikes...

I really hope Timo switches back to 28.  I was having a hard time distinguishing between 86 and 96 when his jersey would tuck.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I really hope Timo switches back to 28.  I was having a hard time distinguishing between 86 and 96 when his jersey would tuck.

Dude totally!  I know EXACTLY what you mean.

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Bout time. Eight years is a lot. Bratt better be a different player in the spring next year.

If you really think about it, it didn't really drag on all that long.  I did see it getting done eventually, but thought sometime in July at the earliest.  At least we won't be worrying about this sh!t for a long long time...my kid will have graduated from college by the time he's up for another contract heh heh.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Bout time. Eight years is a lot. Bratt better be a different player in the spring next year.

Look at it this way... He got a 2.5 million dollar raise and we have him long term. NJ basically took 2/3 of Miles Wood and gave it to Bratt. This is probably best scenario of keeping him and with the cap going up it won't be that bad. Let's hope he can shake the pressure off and perform when the team needs him moving forward.

• Like 2

So basically now that Bratt's done, here's what still needs to be done for the big club:

6 forwards currently signed:  J Hughes, Nico, Bratt, Palat, Lazar, and Mercer    

Forwards likely to stay:  Timo (can't see Fitz not making a serious effort to keep him), Haula (how things change), McLeod (assuming he's clear of any wrongdoing), and Bastian.  Not saying no one else from last season won't be signed, just that anyone not on this list is simply not a lock to be back. 

Gone for sure:  Wood

5 defensemen currently signed:  Hamilton, Marino, Siegs, L Hughes, Smith

Defenseman likely to stay:  Bahl.  Hard to imagine Nemec won't be with the Devils for considerable time next year.  Both will be cheap for at least a couple of years...Nemec for three.  Hughes has two more ELC years left.

Gone for sure:  Graves

If the Devils keep status quo with the goalies, VV and Schmid will make $4,250,833 combined.  Very inexpensive goaltending.

Gone for sure:  Blackwood

After Timo, $16 - $18 million should be enough to get everyone else signed, with some $4-5 million left over...we're talking 5 forwards and one defenseman.  Smith should be relegated to 7th D duty, which of course was the point all along.  Maybe Tatar comes back on a stopgap, VERY team-friendly one-year deal, as insurance in case Holtz needs another full (or near-full) season with Utica.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I think the guy who will get moved with 2 years left on his deal will be Dougie.  Devils may have to pick up some of his money at that time, but he will be the oldest and Luke should be entering his prime years (along with Nemec).  Devils will eventually have to clear some money, but not yet a major concern, as long as ELC guys keep being filtered in (and can contribute).  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So basically now that Bratt's done, here' what still needs to be done for the big club:

Forwards likely to stay:  Timo (can't see Fitz not making a serious effort to keep him), Haula (how things change), McLeod (assuming he's clear of any wrongdoing), and Bastian.  Not saying no one else from last season won't be signed, just that anyone not on this list is simply not a lock to be back. 

Defenseman likely to stay:  Bahl.  Hard to imagine Nemec won't be with the Devils for considerable time next year.  Both will be cheap for at least a couple of years...Nemec for three.  Hughes has two more ELC years left.

If the Devils keep status quo with the goalies, VV and Schmid will make $4,250,833 combined.  Very inexpensive goaltending.

Ater Timo, $16 - $18 million should be enough to get everyone else signed, with some $4-5 million left over...we're talking 5 forwards and one defenseman.  Smith should be relegated to 7th D duty, which of course was the point all along.  Maybe Tatar comes back on a stopgap, VERY team-friendly one-year deal, as insurance in case Holtz needs another full (or near-full) season with Utica.

Tatar also gone for sure?

17 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Tatar also gone for sure?

At the bottom of my post, I mentioned that I think he has a chance to come back on a one-year, team-friendly deal.  But he'd have to take a pretty serious cut in AAV.  

I’m shocked. The way these negotiations dragged in previous cases I was convinced he would try to get every penny out of the Devils and this would either take all summer or Fitz would end up trading him seeing there’s not enough common ground.

These are very fair numbers, I like that he apparently bought into what Jack was saying about wanting to be a apart of something special. And if you think the Devils would give up on him after years of solid play because of one bad playoffs, you were delusional.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Fitz is genius. If you are not understand why. I’m sorry. 

Who's complaining?  I don't see anyone knocking Fitz here.  

7 minutes ago, Revan said:

I’m shocked. The way these negotiations dragged in previous cases I was convinced he would try to get every penny out of the Devils and this would either take all summer or Fitz would end up trading him seeing there’s not enough common ground.

These are very fair numbers, I like that he apparently bought into what Jack was saying about wanting to be a apart of something special. And if you think the Devils would give up on him after years of solid play because of one bad playoffs, you were delusional.

It was never a question of would the Devils give up on him, as much as if they couldn't come to an agreement, how would Fitz approach it?  But obviously never going to be an issue for the next eight years.

At that AAV, I'm actually kinda surprised that he didn't only take 4-5 years, hoping to bet on himself while still relatively young.  I figured his agent would really try to push that.  

49 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So basically now that Bratt's done, here' what still needs to be done for the big club:

Ater Timo, $16 - $18 million should be enough to get everyone else signed, with some $4-5 million left over...we're talking 5 forwards and one defenseman.  Smith should be relegated to 7th D duty, which of course was the point all along.  Maybe Tatar comes back on a stopgap, VERY team-friendly one-year deal, as insurance in case Holtz needs another full (or near-full) season with Utica.

I think they still need to sign a goalie if MB is not signed and Daws out due to hip surgery.  They can’t go into the season without at least another backup.

3 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I think they still need to sign a goalie if MB is not signed and Daws out due to hip surgery.  They can’t go into the season without at least another backup.

Yeah I could see that…especially with Daws out.

12 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

There’s a pretty long list of relatively interchangeable free agent goalies.   Just get one for cheap as a 3rd option 

• Like 3