2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Just goes to show it doesn't take a lot to knock someone out cold. Dangerous stuff there

It's high time we start seeing fines or action for referees. Maybe they can't publicize it or talk about it, but holy sh!t. They need to look into how many injuries are caused by poor officiating. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

Speaking of the Rangers, I watched the game with my best friend and his 17-year-old son (both Ranger fans), and they told me that they could see this coming…said that the Rangers haven’t been playing well for a while, even in victories.  That team is now 3-3 in its last 6 games, but has been outscored 25-16 (all three losses were blowouts).  Maybe they’re finally starting to come back to the pack some, though when you start off 15-3-1, you’ve built yourself a nice cushion to withstand a slump.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Speaking of the Rangers, I watched the game with my best friend and his 17-year-old son (both Ranger fans), and they told me that they could see this coming…said that the Rangers haven’t been playing well for a while, even in victories.  That team is now 3-3 in its last 6 games, but has been outscored 25-16 (all three losses were blowouts).  Maybe they’re finally starting to come back to the pack some, though when you start off 15-3-1, you’ve built yourself a nice cushion to withstand a slump.

Its a longggg season, all the Rag fans at work were telling me how this year is different, they can feel it lol, now reality is setting in and they're turning on them already, even saying their goaltending sucks omg, ranger fans!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HughesCorporation said:

Its a longggg season, all the Rag fans at work were telling me how this year is different, they can feel it lol, now reality is setting in and they're turning on them already, even saying their goaltending sucks omg, ranger fans!!!!

Shesterkin is obviously plenty good, but he hasn’t quite played up to his Vezina season since the start of last year.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HughesCorporation said:

Don’t worry, they’ll break up any chemistry they have at the trade deadline with a few fantasy league level moves.   They can’t help themselves.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Don’t worry, they’ll break up any chemistry they have at the trade deadline with a few fantasy league level moves.   They can’t help themselves.   

If the interview he gave several weeks ago is any indication, Mike Modano looks to be in great shape.  Maybe the Rangers will sign him 🤪.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 8:47 PM, RizzMB30 said:

These fvcking referees man. 

Standing around looking like they don't see anything. These guys should be screaming at the benches for trainers. 

Hard to see what happened to Larkin there, and I love to see players stick up for their teammates, especially their captain, but damn, not that way. Totally uncalled for by Perron.  Reckless and dangerous, and he should be suspended.  Probably 5-10 games. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nicomo said:

He’s playing in Russia again. 

Where's he playing?  

On 12/9/2023 at 8:47 PM, RizzMB30 said:

These fvcking referees man. 

Standing around looking like they don't see anything. These guys should be screaming at the benches for trainers. 

Well their job isn't really to tell the trainers when they should hop onto the ice, the trainers do that on their own. If they did that and missed Perron's cross-check as a result, people would be ripping them to pieces.

12 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Hard to see what happened to Larkin there, and I love to see players stick up for their teammates, especially their captain, but damn, not that way. Totally uncalled for by Perron.  Reckless and dangerous, and he should be suspended.  Probably 5-10 games. 

11 hours ago, devilsfan26 said:

Well their job isn't really to tell the trainers when they should hop onto the ice, the trainers do that on their own. If they did that and missed Perron's cross-check as a result, people would be ripping them to pieces.

Another recent example of poor officiating causing issues. I don't think you guys are wrong at all, but I've come around to the opinion that with the video review in play when things like this happen, refs need to be held accountable for their calls or missed calls that put players at risk. Part of the issue is they talk to Toronto and they can say we got the call from Toronto. Neither of the players involved in the CBJ-FLA video here are "goons". Gudbranson maybe, but he was reacting to the refs not policing the game. Cousins hit was dangerous. Just because Gudbranson is a little old school tough and got up right away (I'm assuming unhurt) and went after Cousins doesn't make what Cousins did any less dangerous. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Rags lost tonight, and Laf has cooled off big time (just like many of us predicted). 0 goals in his last 10 games. 

Re:  Laf, the irony is that he was actually starting to get more SOG…but has now gone a pair of games without one.

BTW:

Schmid save%:  .901

Shesterkin save%:  .902

• Like 1
  • Shocking 3