2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

18 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Oh good! Let's stop the game more so we can watch refs hunched over an ipad for 15 min to review sh!t that prob had no impact on the play that lead to the goal.

I absolutely hate the puck over the glass as a penalty rule. It should be treated as an icing, no line changes allowed for the team that throws the puck out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I absolutely hate the puck over the glass as a penalty rule. It should be treated as an icing, no line changes allowed for the team that throws the puck out.

Agreed.  Unless the puck is intentionally sent out of play, no penalty should be assessed.

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

These days I really hate when the Devils’ opponents do it because that means I get to watch the Devils go on the power play.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

These days I really hate when the Devils’ opponents do it because that means I get to watch the Devils go on the power play.

The Devils should get penalized every single time Luke makes that drop-back pass to his brother.  If he does it thrice, he gets a match penalty.

1 hour ago, ButlerBulldog said:

The Devils should get penalized every single time Luke makes that drop-back pass to his brother.  If he does it thrice, he gets a match penalty.

Strong use of the word “thrice.”  I did not see that coming.   

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but I think the NHL loves it. I think in their eyes, having the consequence be a penalty means players need to be more responsible in their own zone, even if it means acting in haste which could lead to a turnover which could then lead to a goal. Goals = gold in their eyes. 

4 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

There is still a chance!!

The Flyers have an 87% chance to make it?  No way lol.  They're barely clinging to a Metro spot and will soon be holding on to for dear life to a wildcard.

18 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It's weird that nobody tries to disrupt this in the neutral zone. I guess it's too risky, sure, but at the same time you *know* it's going to happen every single time if you've studied any film on the Devils' PP1 leading into the game. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but I think the NHL loves it. I think in their eyes, having the consequence be a penalty means players need to be more responsible in their own zone, even if it means acting in haste which could lead to a turnover which could then lead to a goal. Goals = gold in their eyes. 

I actually like the "puck over the glass" rule because it is Binary. Either it hit the glass or it didn't. Don't put the refs in a position where they have to make a judgement call if someone did it intentionally or not. They can't read minds.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah except let’s overturn goals for being a toenail offsides. The NHL loves goals. 

Exactly, nothing like celebrating a goal to find out it was offsides 90 seconds ago and had absolutely no outcome on the actual play. 

That offsides challenge should absolutely be nullified if the team challenging touches the puck once before it goes in the net. 

• Like 5

A "good, clean" hit? lol wut. This might be worse than the actual hit. Thank goodness this a$$hole isn't our coach. What a fvcking clown. 

Edited by nmigliore
  • Like 4

Ovechkin wit another two goals tonight, he's really on a tear lately. But...Caps still getting spanked by the Leafs. 

We have a tough task of our own tomorrow, but if a couple other things go right....it could actually make this weekend's games interesting and meaningful. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Ovechkin wit another two goals tonight, he's really on a tear lately.

49 away from Gretzky now. He’s really close. He could do it early in the 25-26 season.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1