2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

7 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Only about 20 years late, but the move does make sense

Surprised that Bettman didn’t continue to try to force the issue.  Good for Utah.

Was always so odd that the Jazz kept their nickname when they moved to Utah from New Orleans.  Wonder if the Coyotes will retain theirs.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Wonder if the Coyotes will retain theirs.

I doubt it; it seems like the league wants to expand back to Arizona in the future, so this could be like a Ravens/Browns type deal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As for three-point wins, it’s more about de-emphasizing loser points.  I like the idea of a team winning a game in regulation one night picking up TWO points on a team that could only muster a charity point.  I’m simply over teams who pile up loser points getting to hang around as much as they do.

Does it really happen that often? I know the Islanders aren't extreme example this year, but I can't really remember many other years where it was that blatantly obvious where a team had so many points from OT losses or shootout losses. 

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Surprised that Bettman didn’t continue to try to force the issue.  Good for Utah.

Was always so odd that the Jazz kept their nickname when they moved to Utah from New Orleans.  Wonder if the Coyotes will retain theirs.

Well coyotes are common in Utah 🤷 lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Another potential loser point for the Isles.

Personally I don't care about all the whining about the Islanders and loser points, our team was a bunch of losers all season and didn't deserve to make it no matter how many times all these other teams tried to help them out. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Personally I don't care about all the whining about the Islanders and loser points, our team was a bunch of losers all season and didn't deserve to make it no matter how many times all these other teams tried to help them out. 

I wasn’t implying that the Devils deserve to make the playoffs in the slightest; I didn’t even bring them up. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I wasn’t implying that the Devils deserve to make the playoffs in the slightest; I didn’t even bring them up. 

Sorry that's my bad, I didn't mean to direct it you but I've seen it so many other places today and that's why it was on my mind when I read your post. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

“The Jazz moved to Utah, where they don’t allow music.”

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

We don’t deserve it but I hate that the OTLanders are going to make it solely cause of the loser point. Hate their fans.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

We don’t deserve it but I hate that the OTLanders are going to make it solely cause of the loser point. Hate their fans.

Unless Sorokin goes nuts, Carolina will destroy them. It’ll be a quick exit for the Islanders. No loser points in the playoffs. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Unless Sorokin goes nuts, Carolina will destroy them. It’ll be a quick exit for the Islanders. No loser points in the playoffs. 

Agreed, but I still don’t want them there. It perpetuates the narrative that a certain GM is still doing good/smart things, too

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Have Another Donut said:

Shango with his 31st.  Ooops....

Well never know for sure but no way Shango would have hit that here this season. He was so bad the year before he practically lost his job. Glad the change of scenery has done him well.

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Well never know for sure but no way Shango would have hit that here this season. He was so bad the year before he practically lost his job. Glad the change of scenery has done him well.

He got Ruff'ed, badly. Calgary they gave him top line minutes. Ruff said "wow, this kid sucks, he cannot produce with the 4th line." There absolutely is some development that happened, but Ruff never gives rough talent time to mature nor took the time to foster that talent. Get that raw product away from an antiquated coaching staff and look what happens.