2023-2024 NJ Devils season thread

MadDog2020

50 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

What stands out the most for me about this interview is Gomez’s statement that the Devils’ practices were harder than their games, something commonplace among great teams.  With the current group, it seems like the opposite is the case, which is problematic because if the guys aren’t preparing to play the way they need to—and all available empiric evidence suggests that they aren’t—they won’t be able to sustain the intensity needed to beat other NHL teams consistently.

Ruff was a player’s coach.  I doubt he was hard on anyone not named Holtz.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Failure in getting tickets that I could afford to the global series games. Will have to try the general sale on Thursday.

How bad were the prices? I don't think I'm bothering. Prague wasn't on my radar to begin with and this came out of nowhere so think I'm skipping it because I have a bunch of other trips instead. If we had more time between the announcement and the tickets going on sale I might have tried to fit in but overall like the Sweden games I really am indifferent about going. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

How bad were the prices? I don't think I'm bothering. Prague wasn't on my radar to begin with and this came out of nowhere so think I'm skipping it because I have a bunch of other trips instead. If we had more time between the announcement and the tickets going on sale I might have tried to fit in but overall like the Sweden games I really am indifferent about going. 

By the time I got there the tickets left were £250 face plus booking fee. So about £600 all in for 2.

There are cheaper avaliable so will chance it on Thursday. Had two in the basket and nearly pulled the trigger but I hadn't even priced up flights and accommodation.

I went to see Boston vs Arizona out there way back when , before I had kids or any form of responsibility. Having said that the tickets were way more reasonable back then.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 3

On 3/18/2024 at 9:18 PM, ButlerBulldog said:

Why is that?  Because of the auction?

Got in on a couple of lots for the SS jerseys.  Not expecting to win...the prices are insane...no real bargains here.  I strongly suspect almost every single player will go off at over $2k...6 are already there (including Toffoli and Bastian), and others are rapidly approaching.  There might be a handful that go under $1.5k, but they're who you'd expect:  Daws, Schmid, Tierney, Nosek.  I get the feeling even Smith will fetch over $1.5k (especially as other lots expire).  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Got in on a couple of lots for the SS jerseys.  Not expecting to win...the prices are insane...no real bargains here.  I strongly suspect almost every single player will go off at over $2k...6 are already there (including Toffoli and Bastian), and others are rapidly approaching.  There might be a handful that go under $1.5k, but they're who you'd expect:  Daws, Schmid, Tierney, Nosek.  I get the feeling even Smith will fetch over $1.5k (especially as other lots expire).  

What are the big dogs going for? I’m guessing Jack and Nico fetch $8k a pop. 

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What are the big dogs going for? I’m guessing Jack and Nico fetch $8k a pop. 

None have reached $3k yet, but still about 4.5 hours left.  Yeah I can see Jack’s jersey fetching that.  

• Like 1

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Whats the link for the auction?

https://meigrayauctions.com/catalog.aspx?auctionid=1641

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

And those say “photo shoot jerseys” they’re not even the jerseys that they played in? Those are crazy numbers for those if that’s the case 

Yeah probably worn for a pregame photo (but still has the game worn patch sewn in).  Sometimes the themed warmup jerseys go for a lot too.  Basically this is a rare chance to own an actual “like the ones on ice” SS jersey.  But yeah I’m a little surprised at how much some are willing to pony up.

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah probably worn for a pregame photo (but still has the game worn patch sewn in).  Sometimes the themed warmup jerseys go for a lot too.  Basically this is a rare chance to own an actual “like the ones on ice” SS jersey.  But yeah I’m a little surprised at how much some are willing to pony up.

Especially for Smith’s jersey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonginator11 said:

Especially for Smith’s jersey

BTW Daws fetched more than Jack.  Over $4k for Daws…Jack was just short of $3.4k.  That’s as “Go figure” as it gets.

Didn’t get any…prices just got waaaaay too crazy for my liking.  Only one lot went off for under $2k…DeSimone of course, at $1970 no less.  

14 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Didn’t get any…prices just got waaaaay too crazy for my liking.  Only one lot went off for under $2k…DeSimone of course, at $1970 no less.  

How the hell does Akira Schmid go for more than Jack, Bratt, Luke, Timo, Nemec...? Did the bidders stop paying attention to hockey after round 1 of last year's playoffs?

With he and Daws as pending RFAs, I'd bet he's not even a Devil next season.

Edited by nmigliore
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

How the hell does Akira Schmid go for more than Jack, Bratt, Luke, Timo, Nemec...? Did the bidders stop paying attention to hockey after round 1 of last year's playoffs?

With he and Daws as pending RFAs, I'd bet he's not even a Devil next season.

A lot of the results were surprising.  Bahl went for over $3k!  So did Daws IIRC.

My mistake, Daws went for over $4k.  Only he and Hischier managed that.  Guess it’s all in the first name?!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 1