2023-2024 NJ Devils season thread

MadDog2020

Here we go!

Glad that Haula appears to be close, even if he still winds up missing a few games.

Really wish I was going to the opener, but will be there on Friday.    

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Here we go!

Glad that Haula appears to be close, even if he still winds up missing a few games.

Really wish I was going to the opener, but will be there on Friday.    

Yeah I’m going Friday as well. I’d like to go tomorrow, but work is crazy right now. Friday is an easier game for me to get to for several reasons. 

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I’m going Friday as well. I’d like to go tomorrow, but work is crazy right now. Friday is an easier game for me to get to for several reasons. 

My daughter's tennis team got rained out so many times earlier that this week has been "make up week", to an insane degree.  So we're watching at home tomorrow, then I'm going with a bud on Friday (the Lofts), and then the first game that I'm taking my kid to is on 10/29...if she's 100% done with tennis by 10/26, I'll also take her to the 10/27 game.  There's a VERY slim chance that we go tomorrow, but that's only if she's not one of the kids lined up to play a match - she definitely has a meet.  If her coach wants her to be there even if she's not playing, I told her she still has to be there...team has to come first.  She made the commitment.  

• Like 1

So we're still missing Foote. I fully expect Lazar in. 

Meier-Hisch-Mercer
Bratt-Hughes-Toffs
Palat-Haula-Holtz
Lazar-McLeod-Bas

Swiss-Ham
Bahl-Marino
LHughes-Smith

Vanny in net. 

Also look for LHughes to jump up next to Marino if we go down a goal or two.

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

So we're still missing Foote. I fully expect Lazar in. 

Meier-Hisch-Mercer
Bratt-Hughes-Toffs
Palat-Haula-Holtz
Lazar-McLeod-Bas

Swiss-Ham
Bahl-Marino
LHughes-Smith

Vanny in net. 

Also look for LHughes to jump up next to Marino if we go down a goal or two.

image0.gif

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sadly you can make the argument that the Devils might have been better off, given how his career went from that point on.  But was still cool to see him get his 1000th point as a Devil…and was also nice to see him spend his whole career here. 

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sadly you can make the argument that the Devils might have been better off, given how his career went from that point on.  

No way will I ever make that argument lol. Read the article though; Patty talks about almost leaving and being damn glad he didn’t. 

1 minute ago, bostondevil11 said:

So excited the season is finally here! I have trivia tonight so I will miss most of the game. It is frowned upon to be looking at your phone during trivia.

Let's go Devis!

Missing opening night for trivia… where are your priorities 

48 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

No way will I ever make that argument lol. Read the article though; Patty talks about almost leaving and being damn glad he didn’t. 

And I 100% get why...we obviously grow VERY attached to players like Patrik.  And even though there were obvious up and downs, Patrik clearly loves having spent his whole career here.

When you look at it strictly through a performance lens though, the ROI in him over that final 3-year deal was...simply not good at all.  If he had left, signed that deal elsewhere, and put up similar numbers, we probably would've said "It hurt to see him go, but looks like we got out at just the right time."

All this being said, no complaints with how it turned out...it's not like those extra years Elias spent here crippled the Devils.  Those teams were pretty much already screwed.  

• Like 1