GDT: Devils host Fruity Drink Accessories - 27 Oct @ 7p

jagknife

Holtz is kinda stuck in between that rock and hard place...he doesn't deserve Top 6 minutes (though I'd much rather see Mercer on Hischier's line, than Palat).  But 4th line duty, with relatively limited minutes...not sure that's so great for him either.  Would rather see him on the third line myself.

Still SO early, but I have the feeling Toffoli's going to force Fitz to sign him to an extension.  And that will be it for Holtz here.

2 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Sick of seeing Smith’s name in the lineup

Same, but with Miller hurt and no obvious replacement quite ready to go from Utica, probably will be seeing more of him for a bit.  I hate him too.  But I'm not going to pretend that Cal Foote is going to be much better...or if he can even be better.

Maybe if Nemec comes back healthy and wows in Utica for a while, he can force his way onto the big club in a month or two, but for now, I just Miller can recover and at least stop Smith from being an automatic from game to game.  

• Like 1

Hopefully we see some people not named Hughes or Bratt do some things tonight... And without Hughes or Bratt having to do the majority of the heavy lifting. I'm okay with them contributing too, but I'm looking for some depth scoring or Palat to wake the fvck up. Come on boys, this roster was suppeto be deep!

LGD

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Hopefully we see some people not named Hughes or Bratt do some things tonight... And without Hughes or Bratt having to do the majority of the heavy lifting. I'm okay with them contributing too, but I'm looking for some depth scoring or Palat to wake the fvck up. Come on boys, this roster was suppeto be deep!

LGD

Gotta be fair...not like Toffoli hasn't done anything.  Or Dougie.  And Timo's been quietly been putting up points since he was benched.

Jack will always be doing heavy lifting because he's that kind of player...he drives play as well as anyone.  That's the one guy who if he gets hurt, Devils are absolutely fvcked.

But yeah, would REALLY be nice for Mercer to get back out of witness protection.  And Palat hasn't played well enough to be in the Top 6.  

I'd be plenty happy with Siegs and Marino looking a lot more like...Siegs 2022-23 and Marino 2022-23.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Gotta be fair...not like Toffoli hasn't done anything.  Or Dougie.  And Timo's been quietly been putting up points since he was benched.

Jack will always be doing heavy lifting because he's that kind of player...he drives play as well as anyone.  That's the one guy who if he gets hurt, Devils are absolutely fvcked.

But yeah, would REALLY be nice for Mercer to get back out of witness protection.  And Palat hasn't played well enough to be in the Top 6.  

I'd be plenty happy with Siegs and Marino looking a lot more like...Siegs 2022-23 and Marino 2022-23.  

I am not checking the numbers but Hughes has had to have factored in on 90% of NJD scoring so far. I'm not saying those other guys have done nothing, but even on the goals, like Timo, it was Jack with the majority of that play-- all Timo had to do was tap it in. I want a sign that this team isn't becoming Edmonton of the east and just waiting for Jack to do everything.

Again, the team on paper was all about our depth and so far it's been Jack Hughes for most of it. Some other guys gotta start helping lead. Would love to see a goal by our 3rd or 4th line. Would also like to see some competent defense tonight because Buffalo has the offensive talent to really blow the game open. Buffalo has started off a bit shaky themselves so let's see how they do. Seemed like Tage just started to get going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Holtz with McLeod and Bastian could be interesting. Lots of speed on that line. I hope Mikey and Nate learn to set up Holtz with the shot. 

Staring the obvious, need to see the team come out strong and aggressive from the get-go, and also play sharper overall. No sloppy turnovers in our own zone, control the neutral zone, and be hard on the forecheck. 

Let's Go Devils.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I am not checking the numbers but Hughes has had to have factored in on 90% of NJD scoring so far. I'm not saying those other guys have done nothing, but even on the goals, like Timo, it was Jack with the majority of that play-- all Timo had to do was tap it in. I want a sign that this team isn't becoming Edmonton of the east and just waiting for Jack to do everything.

Again, the team on paper was all about our depth and so far it's been Jack Hughes for most of it. Some other guys gotta start helping lead. Would love to see a goal by our 3rd or 4th line. Would also like to see some competent defense tonight because Buffalo has the offensive talent to really blow the game open. Buffalo has started off a bit shaky themselves so let's see how they do. Seemed like Tage just started to get going.

Yeah I'm with ya in that of course it can't always start with Jack, but at least the Devils now have the guys to bury the chances that he creates...it wasn't so long ago we were saying "Dammit, if the Devils only had players who could finish..."  Now they do...he has 13 assists for a reason.  

The good news is that at least Jack is THAT good that he can create so much, for both himself and others...even if/when other guys (like Nico and Mercer) hopefully start to pick it up, I still expect Jack to be doing Jack things for much of the season.  It's just who he is now...the kid has fully blossomed.

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jersey jerseys tonight. 

Booooooo

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Pretty sure they played pretty well in them last year at least? Lol

What’s just about to echo SH, they were GOOOOOOD in those last year, as much as they were an eyesore. They grew on me for literally that reason alone. I still wouldn’t want to own one, though

• Like 2