Weekes on Hughes

smelly

I’m going to say the “over/under” of when he might be back will be the holiday break.  Sucks but at least he will be back. 

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I think we all know that. Week to week isn’t soon. 

Nope, that’s not necessarily true at all. 

Hughes’ “week to week” injury last year didn’t keep him out long at all. 

And I’m pretty sure that Hall is playing tonite and has been for awhile after suffering a reported “week to week” injury in their opener. 

So nah, not so much. 

Edited by smelly

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I watched Lindy’s pre-game media availability and when he was asked about Jack, he said we are ‘fortunate’ that whatever it is isn’t worse. 

Would be nice if the NHL wasn’t so fvcking cloak-and-dagger with injury news, but it is what it is.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, smelly said:

Nope, that’s not necessarily true at all. 

Hughes’ “week to week” injury last year didn’t keep him out long at all. 

And I’m pretty sure that Hall is playing tonite and has been for awhile after suffering a reported “week to week” injury in their opener. 

So nah, not so much. 

Week to week could mean a week, it could mean two months. It’s a wide open timeline that’s very vague. I don’t think anyone here was delusional enough to think Jack would be back anytime soon. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Week to week could mean a week, it could mean two months. It’s a wide open timeline that’s very vague. I don’t think anyone here was delusional enough to think Jack would be back anytime soon. 

I was still holding out hope for just a week or two out. Granted I knew that was probably not the likely outcome, but you never know.

55 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ok -- glad to see you have backed off your assertion above that "week to week isn't soon", and that you now agree with me that "week to week" can have quite a wide range, including as short as a week.

Which is why corroborating info from Weekes -- who is better connected that this board -- that we aren't looking at the same "week to week" that Hughes was out last year is relevant.

Edited by smelly

I'll bet the ranch on the over on "the week".I think the odds are far from it being a week or two. I huess I find the assertion that it could be as little as a week to be completely overly optimistic. With this org the history seems like when someone is week to week it tends to be 3-4 week min.

Not trying to be confrontational at. Practically anything in life is possible. A great deal of them not really remotely a realistic option. 

Edited by titans04

Well, judging from watching the replay a bunch of times I can speculate the following as injuries -

Some kind of bone injury in his shoulder, or, a tear of some sort to his shoulder tendons/ligaments from the impact. 

Either could mean 3 months of being out of the lineup. And that's if it goes well. 

Let's hope it's just a deep bruise, because either of the above would mean he's gonna be out significant time. 

Does anyone remember which shoulder Jack hurt a few years ago?

5 hours ago, Mitico12 said:

Well, judging from watching the replay a bunch of times I can speculate the following as injuries -

Some kind of bone injury in his shoulder, or, a tear of some sort to his shoulder tendons/ligaments from the impact. 

Either could mean 3 months of being out of the lineup. And that's if it goes well. 

Let's hope it's just a deep bruise, because either of the above would mean he's gonna be out significant time. 

Does anyone remember which shoulder Jack hurt a few years ago?

Just this guy's opinion: I think the "avoided the worst" meant surgery.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Just this guy's opinion: I think the "avoided the worst" meant surgery.

And/or a broken clavicle, separated shoulder, etc.  

To be honest I'm expecting we don't see Nico and Jack until after Thanksgiving at the soonest.  Maybe by Christmas.  

Sucks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Crazy thing is - even without Jack and Nico, if you had a time machine and showed me this roster 5 years ago, I would still say "hey we have a solid lineup in 2023."

Yeah it's still a competitive group, and on top of that, I think this can actually make them more of a well-rounded team, able to adapt to any type of game (or opponent).  And sadly I think through the years, we'll have to expect that both Nico and Jack will miss games here and there.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

"Would not be soon"

Well what's the definition of soon then?

fvcking joke.

Based on the "week to week", I'm thinking he'll be back shortly after the holiday break.  I can see him potentially being ready a little earlier, but I expect the Devils to be very conservative, which I 100% agree with.

If I'm guessing on a specific date, we'll see him on 1/3/2024.  That's 47 games he could play from that point on, if he can stay healthy.  Fingers crossed.

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah it's still a competitive group, and on top of that, I think this can actually make them more of a well-rounded team, able to adapt to any type of game (or opponent).  And sadly I think through the years, we'll have to expect that both Nico and Jack will miss games here and there.  

This is what I am hoping for.  As much fun as the first 9 games were, this whole operation was a little too dependent on Jack being an absolute superstar.   

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Based on the "week to week", I'm thinking he'll be back shortly after the holiday break.  I can see him potentially being ready a little earlier, but I expect the Devils to be very conservative, which I 100% agree with.

If I'm guessing on a specific date, we'll see him on 1/3/2024.  That's 47 games he could play from that point on, if he can stay healthy.  Fingers crossed.

Maybe we should start a sweepstake, whoever guesses the date closest to his  return gets a prize.

Try and find some joy in the misery.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Maybe we should start a sweepstake, whoever guesses the date closest to his  return gets a prize.

Try and find some joy in the misery.

The most aggravating this is that both Nico and Jack will more or less be in witness protection for the next how many weeks.  We’ll hear very little about how they’re progressing or hear so much as a peep from either one directly.

BUT, at least both should be back this season.  This is a downer but not a killer.

15 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

This certainly seems more optimistic than any of us with PTSD from Scott Steven's "Flu" were guessing.    

Great work from Novo and if true not the worst news. If it was a concussion thst would have been a massive worry, so fingers crossed his source is correct.

Shouldn't take gpingnto sources and unnamed contacts to get the information.

For example, Newcastle defender injured on Saturday night, his manager Monday:

How difficult was that?