GDT: 11/14/2023 - Devils @ Jets, MSGSN, 8:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah all Lindy is doing is showing that he really was more of a passenger last year, who managed not to get in the way too much.  He deserves credit for finding ways to get the Devils back into the Rangers series, but whatever magic he might have ever had, that was used up then.  He’s just not good enough to lead this team to the next steps.

Who is good enough? I, personally, don't know. 

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack coming back fairly soon is massive.  At least with him there’s some level of hope that the Devils can start to turn this around. 

And teams now know exactly how to send us packing...injure Hughes. Without him, Ruff gets exposed and the rest of the team gives up essentially. Especially when we have no one on the team who will protect him or exact revenge, and the league doesn't do sh!t about it,  teams won't think twice about gooning it up with Jack. 

1 minute ago, slasher72 said:

And teams now know exactly how to send us packing...injure Hughes. Without him, Ruff gets exposed and the rest of the team gives up essentially. Especially when we have no one on the team who will protect him or exact revenge, and the league doesn't do sh!t about it,  teams won't think twice about gooning it up with Jack. 

Jack lost an edge and crashed into the boards. No one “gooned” it up or intentionally hurt him. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What’s interesting is that even though a coaching change can’t possibly be imminent, does Fitz dare consider punting away 2023-24 if this team is still scuffling 4-5 weeks from now?  Would he remain THAT convinced that Lindy is indeed the right man to take this team to a Cup in due time?  

I think that if this was what we were getting with Jack and Nico in the lineup it would be a real possibility something would get done. Given the current circumstances I feel like we are in for the 2023-2024 version of "answer's in the room".

Just now, Devs64 said:

Who is good enough? I, personally, don't know. 

That’s part of the problem…like I said, who’s that obvious candidate out there that makes total sense to pivot to?  Gallant?!

Yeah I just don’t see Fitz making a coaching change anytime soon.  At the very least, he’ll want to see how the team responds when Jack returns.

But disappointed with how the team didn’t respond without Jack.  And that includes Lindy.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

McGill at the very least needs to be on the hot seat. The defense is atrocious. 

Defense is terrible, and the team can't score 5 on 5.  This team isn't playing to their identity, the way they were last year.  They aren't owning the neutral zone and making it tough for teams to enter our zone, they aren't forechecking very hard, and the goaltending, while not horrible, hasn't been good enough to bail out all that other bad play.

Only good thing going right now is the PP. 

Just got done watching the condensed game. Maybe it was what I was seeing in those 9 minutes, but we skated with them after getting outshot pretty bad in the first. Schmid looked great through the 1st and had a big save or two. Top 6 was making plays tonight. Meier and Mercer cashed in. Toffs had a few great chances. 

In spite of the loss, this was a good effort in a close game imho. Clean up the defensive zone lapses, especially on the PK and this is a 3-2 or 4-2 win for NJ. 

I thought Palat really shined. Made some plays tonight. PP was great even minus the top 2 centers. Positive to take from that at least.

@ 8:06 in the 3rd we were tied in shots and the effort was there. Just got beat late. Once we can keep the puck out of our net we'll start finding our game. I don't know when, but puck luck has to turn around soon for the defense. 

Bahl struggled again tonight. I don't think most of the D were that great in their own end and got caught again. Hamilton got caught a few times and I think I saw Siegs a few times too. 

Turnaround's gonna come. Long season. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

image.gif.2c121d4d9167871d6dc5230bb3dde1fb.gif

Dude hasn’t scored a regular season goal in 32 games. Erik Haula wonders how a guy could be that snake bitten…

If you look at Palat's history, he's rarely scored 20 goals in a season. I don't know what your expectations are. If you have the same expectations of Toffoli that you do of Palat, then you are always going to be disappointed. 

He had a primary assist on the powerplay tonight.  2 points in 3 games and all I hear about is how bad he is on here. lol

He almost had 10 last year and that was with a major surgery. 

Erik Haula also had an assist and almost potted one when he was out there with Palat and Lazar. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

If you look at Palat's history, he's rarely scored 20 goals in a season. I don't know what your expectations are. 

He had a primary assist on the powerplay tonight. 

A hell of a lot more than what they’re getting, that’s for sure. No one is asking for 20, but when Curtis Lazar has twice as many goals as you 7 weeks into the season that’s fvcking horrendous. Dude is well paid, and an alternate captain, and has done absolutely nothing to step up in the absence of Jack & Nico. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

A hell of a lot more than what they’re getting, that’s for sure. No one is asking for 20, but when Curtis Lazar has twice as many goals as you 7 weeks into the season that’s fvcking horrendous. Dude is well paid, and an alternate captain, and has done absolutely nothing to step up in the absence of Jack & Nico. 

That is simply not true and you don't have any way to prove that unless you are some insider I never hear about. 

I'll give you the fact that he hasn't been good defensively all season, but that's all you'll get. 

Edited by RizzMB30

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

*absolutely nothing on the ice. 

better?

Again I'll give you the fact that he has been dogsh!t without the puck and defensively all season, but that's all you'll get. 

I'll even concede and say I do think that he needs to better, and should be one of the better possession drivers all game long, but he hasn't. The team hasn't put together a full 60 minutes in quite a few games and has struggled to put a full 60 minutes together since jack went down. 

Edited by RizzMB30

3 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

It's still not true. He has 2 points in 3 games man. lmao. Keep reaching I guess. 

A couple PP assists in 6-3 blowout losses. Hooray.

Dude has 1 ES point in 14 games. I don’t really think calling that out should be all that controversial. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

A couple PP assists in 6-3 blowout losses. Hooray.

Dude has 1 ES point in 14 games. I don’t really think calling that out should be all that controversial. 

See my previous post. No controversy here. I apologize for all the edits. 

Edited by RizzMB30