GDT - 11/22/23 Devils @ Red Wings 7:00pm MSGSN2

NJDfan1711

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was willing to be patient with him based on his prior track record, but he’s not living up to that and sadly he’s not showing any signs of getting it going.  It’s not ALL on him, but at some point, he’s gotta be better.  It’s flat-out not happening.

Agreed. We’re in a mess with a handful of things now. The team should all around be much better than the product they’re producing 

• Like 2

Just now, 2ELIAS6 said:

Agreed. We’re in a mess with a handful of things now. The team should all around be much better than the product they’re producing 

I know they’re down a couple of key players but with the talent still here, this team should not look so disorganized.

I’m back to wondering what the hell it is that Lindy brings other than being a swell guy.  

23 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m not saying they need a maniac like Torts, but Lindy and his friendly grandfather, players coach shtick might be starting to become a problem. 

After what happened between Torts and DeBoer a decade ago, the former coaching the Devils under any circumstances would be incredibly weird.  That said, it’s obvious Lindy isn’t the right coach for this group, as they’re never prepared to play, and their defense isn’t good enough to keep opponents at bay while they try to mount a comeback.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Grandpa Lindy better hope Jack does some Jack sh!t cause this looks like a team with no answer right now. 

That is Lindy’s answer.  Hope the talent finds a way to make him a little less useless.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

The second goal so goddamn fast was a backbreaker.

VV HAS to stop that and calm the waters.

With sh!ttier teams we expected Cory to do that. VV needs to be held to that standard.

that is something I will ABSOLUTELY agree with you on.

Bro, if you think VV is at the same level as prime Cory Schneider you were always going to be disappointed. VV has never been close to that good.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Grandpa Lindy better hope Jack does some Jack sh!t cause this looks like a team with no answer right now. 

Even knowing how special Jack is, I cannot believe how many coaching mistakes are undone or at least minimized by his brilliance.  It’s frightening to think about where the Devils would be without him.

Dear Fitz,

No “The answer is in the room” this season.  Not when the stiff behind the bench has none of his own.

• Like 1

Just now, 2ELIAS6 said:

I know it’s early, but if this keeps up and we miss the playoffs by digging ourselves into a deep early grave with this team.. I just don’t know. 

I was REALLY hoping THAT this wouldn’t become the case, but Fitz might have to become very creative in trying to find a goalie to add to the mix.  Gonna have to be low-cost…the cap space just isn’t there.  But I’d take a shot on changing the head coach first.  

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I know they’re down a couple of key players but with the talent still here, this team should not look so disorganized.

I’m back to wondering what the hell it is that Lindy brings other than being a swell guy.  

The Rags were down a couple Norris and Vezina winning players and they didn’t miss a beat. 

This is inexcusable. I’ve seen people mentioning the loss of Brunette, but Green’s power play is the only thing that is working right now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I know it’s early, but if this keeps up and we miss the playoffs by digging ourselves into a deep early grave with this team.. I just don’t know. 

I feel the same way.  There’s time for the Devils to turn this around, but they’re not doing themselves any favors by squandering winnable games against mediocre opponents.

Just now, Lateralous said:

Absolute garbage effort so far against a team that should be jet lagged from just coming back from Sweden.  

I know GMs don’t tend to work on fan timetables, but this is as “Time to can the coach” of a game as it gets.  There’s just no excuse for this.

• Like 1

VV back out there.  I would’ve gone with Schmid.  

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The Rags were down a couple Norris and Vezina winning players and they didn’t miss a beat. 

This is inexcusable. I’ve seen people mentioning the loss of Brunette, but Green’s power play is the only thing that is working right now. 

Exactly this.  Apparently Lindy needs everything to be perfect.  

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I know GMs don’t tend to work on fan timetables, but this is as “Time to can the coach” of a game as it gets.  There’s just no excuse for this.

Agree completely.  Nico’s a great player, and his absence definitely hurts, but there’s enough talent among the remaining players that they should be winning games easily against teams like Detroit, Washington, Winnipeg, etc.

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Agree completely.  Nico’s a great player, and his absence definitely hurts, but there’s enough talent among the remaining players that they should be winning games easily against teams like Detroit, Washington, Winnipeg, etc.

I wouldn’t say winning “easily”, but how about not looking like they have no plan?  I’d settle for reasonably competitive.

11 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Bro, if you think VV is at the same level as prime Cory Schneider you were always going to be disappointed. VV has never been close to that good.

No, we held Cory on his downturn to bail them out once or twice when we crucified him.

VV in his prime is mid Cory at best

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was REALLY hoping THAT this wouldn’t become the case, but Fitz might have to become very creative in trying to find a goalie to add to the mix.  Gonna have to be low-cost…the cap space just isn’t there.  But I’d take a shot on changing the head coach first.  

wont be easy, we dont have a lot of cap space and the Oilers need a goalie too, they're getting beat worse than us tonight and McDavid isnt a happy camper up there

Someone else hit on this earlier, but I'm really getting fvcking tired of the gambling ads too.

Every single commercial break. In the pregame. During the game. During the intermission.

It's fvcking exhausting, I don't partake nor do I have an issue with anyone who does, but it's so over the top it's almost offensive

• Like 3