GDT: 12/07/23 Devils @ Kraken 10:30 EST ESPN

Rock

20 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Yeah, I saw an interview of Brind'Amor when the Canes went down 5-0 to the Oilers and Brind'Amor was interviewed and he was honestly throwing his hands up in the air and said "he's never seen this team play this bad and he's looking for answers himself. Speechless."

Things are not well in Carolina land. If these defensive/goaltendering struggles continue through 30 games, I think the Canes make a goalie change before we do.

And the goalie market is SO thin right now.  Markstrom is 33 years old (will turn 34 on 1/31/24), has $8 million in ACTUAL money ($6 million hit) coming to him this year, has two more years after this one, was meh last year and meh this year...and someone desperate team will probably bite the bullet and take a chance on him.  Scary. 

Here's a list of goalies under contract and their cap hits.  How many of them are actually available AND desirable? 

2023-24 Active NHL Players - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

27 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Meier on the third line, wow.  Can't say it's undeserved.  Surprised Haula is rewarded with top line minutes given his tendency to take penalties.  I guess he's earned it, but if he continues to take penalties I think you have to swap him and Holtz. 

I’d like to see what Holtz can do playing next to a facilitator like Jack.  His production could really take off.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Don’t they bump the start of college football and College basketball games to ESPN2 all the time so they don’t have to do this?   

I’m waiting to hear if that’s what they’ll do in the event of a shootout.

Edit: We have a Pete DeBoer sighting.

Edited by ButlerBulldog

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I’m waiting to hear if that’s what they’ll do in the event of a shootout.

Put it on the Ohco for all I care, I need this game to start.  I have a 3 1/2 year old who will be ripping off rapid fire “Daddy, Daddy, Daddy’s” in like 7 hours

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Yes, it is.  The game is tied 4-4 and just went into overtime.

So what?  What does that have to do with a game in another city/stadium?  What the hell are the fans and players doing for an extra 15 minutes?  Twiddling their thumbs?  

I can honestly say I've never been at a live game that was delayed starting because of another game.... what an odd situation that must be.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

So what?  What does that have to do with a game in another city/stadium?  What the hell are the fans and players doing for an extra 15 minutes?  Twiddling their thumbs?  

I can honestly say I've never been at a live game that was delayed starting because of another game.... what an odd situation that must be.

The NBA has historically done this during the playoffs, but I don’t know if it’s now standard practice for the NHL.