GDT: Our Boys at BOS Meth Bears - 15 Jan @ 1pm

jagknife

Just now, Nicomo said:

He’s ok. He went into the boards trying to stop an empty net goal. Got up a little slow. 

He was dejected after all that effort to try and get something going and then chasing down Fredrick. Feel for the kid, he did everything but chip it

If we didn’t have so many injuries I’d say that Luke Hughes needs a benching. He needs to understand that he’s playing in the NHL. I lost track at the number of key turnovers he committed from lack of awareness.

On the plus side, Nemec looks absolutely fantastic. Like a season vet out there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devlman said:

If we didn’t have so many injuries I’d say that Luke Hughes needs a benching. He needs to understand that he’s playing in the NHL. I lost track at the number of key turnovers he committed from lack of awareness.

On the plus side, Nemec looks absolutely fantastic. Like a season vet out there. 

Easily our best defenseman right now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

We're only lucky in the sense that we have games in hand, otherwise this was an embarrassing game other than Daws and Nemec

I’m at the point where I don’t really think they’re making the playoffs. If they do it will be a pleasant surprise. Just too many key injuries to overcome. 

Not a terrible loss. They are too sluggish and unsure when it comes to shooting or making plays under pressure. Daws was excellent, but he got outswaymaned. They need to be more aggressive, but smart...something that comes with experience and coaching. 

Edited by Devs64

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

I’m not ready to bench him, but maybe at least swap Nemec onto PP1 for a while. Luke is fighting it right now. 

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

There's a lot of guys that deserve to be benched. No one will because of injuries, unless it's Holtz cause lindy hates him for whatever reason. Kid has shown exceptional growth this year

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I’m not ready to bench him, but maybe at least swap Nemec onto PP1 for a while. Luke is fighting it right now. 

Luke definitely had a rough game. But he’s our power play quarterback, I wouldn’t think of moving him out. 

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m at the point where I don’t really think they’re making the playoffs. If they do it will be a pleasant surprise. Just too many key injuries to overcome. 

They have to overcome a sh!tty coach too.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Luke definitely had a rough game. But he’s our power play quarterback, I wouldn’t think of moving him out. 

The PP has sucked for a while now. And Nemec is quite capable of QBing the 1st unit. 

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I expect Fitz to get the team some help, especially on the blue line and maybe in goal too. It’s going to be tough to make it.

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

They have to overcome a sh!tty coach too.

The rate at which our players get injured exceeds his ability to improve. We are still hanging close to a playoff spot. I'll take it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The PP has sucked for a while now. And Nemec is quite capable of QBing the 1st unit. 

Yes, I hear you, but I would rather him figure things out without a demotion. He still can do things no other devils defenseman can do. Why not have them out together on the first unit? Maybe that should be considered with Hughes and Timo hurt.

Edited by Jerrydevil

Just now, Jerrydevil said:

Yes, I hear you, but I would rather him figure things out without a demotion. He still can do things no other devils defenseman can do. Why not have them out together on the first unit? Maybe that should be considered with Havk and Nico hurt.

How many beers you had, man? 

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

What are you even talking about? All I said is it feels like a shutout could be looming. The Bruins had been doing an excellent job at clamping them down when I posted that. Devils made a nice push at the end of the period though. Particularly Nico (which is what I asked for). 

This wasn’t directed towards you but since you want to take it personal obviously you must know what I’m talking about. The team didn’t look horrible, handful of people saying they looked good and then a handful complaining they looked like sh!t. Hence me saying “the board” don’t recall where I said Nicomo is bi polar, but I don’t know maybe you are

As long as the Devils beat Montreal and Columbus in the next two, you can live with the loss today.

Really glad to have the games with Boston out of the way.  They’re just one of those teams that the Devils don’t match up well with, especially behind the bench.  And of course having so many guys out doesn’t help.

It’s only 5 games, but at least other Nico has offered some stabilization in net for now.  Hope he can keep it up, because the Devils (with this staff unable to correct lasting issues) are simply going to give up some big-time chances from time to time, and will see themselves struggle in dealing with pressure in their own zone.  Daws will definitely face some very tough scoring chances.

• Like 2