GDT: Devils host Panthers - 5 March @ 7pm

jagknife

2 hours ago, devlman said:

I think the new defensive system requires more from the center, which will inhibit a rush in favor from happening. Putting him on the wing allows Jack to still lead a rush the other way. 

But on the wing he has to go into the corners, right?  If my star player has a concern with his shoulder, I don't want him up against the boards waiting for an opponent to drill him into the glass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

But on the wing he has to go into the corners, right?  If my star player has a concern with his shoulder, I don't want him up against the boards waiting for an opponent to drill him into the glass. 

I assume he plays more in the middle in open play, he just doesn't take faceoffs ever and he's not going to the rest of the season, this is obviously a health concession now that we've seen it under two coaches so people just have to accept Jack being on the wing is going to be the deal until our season's over and he gets shut down.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

And so begins the Travis Green era.

How many points do you think the Devils bank while he’s here?  I’d set the over/under at 20.5.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

How many points do you think the Devils bank while he’s here?  I’d set the over/under at 20.5.

I’ll go with 18.  I’m not expecting much, especially if Jack gets shut down.

Just now, capo said:

Damn it, Holtz

Bahl, too.  He went the wrong way.

Just now, DevilMinder said:

Oh well, we knew change wasn't gonna happen in one night.

Well, you know what they say.  The more things change…

I just made dinner and sat down to put on the game, knowing I was probably missing a minute or two, but figuring I shouldn't miss much at all. 

I truly cannot believe this team surrendered the first goal, again, in about just two minutes into the game. Again. 

The entire team should be ashamed.

• Like 1

Just now, DevilMinder said:

Oh well, we knew change wasn't gonna happen in one night.

It’s really next season that we can expect to see more of a difference.  Not bothered because I didn’t expect any major surges under Green.

• Like 1