GDT: Carolina @ Devils 12:30 PM ABC/ESPN+

MadDog2020

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I hope Carolina eats sh!t once they’ve taken care of the Flyers and Rags. 

I'm sure the boys will get a good laugh while they're playing their 20th round of 18 by that time after taking a week in the caribbean.

1-2 under Green but you can tell they’re back to trying again.  They didn’t play that badly today, but Carolina’s just better right now.

• Like 4

Just now, Nicomo said:

The power play continues to cost them games. Green shouldn’t be back for that reason alone. 

It’s to the point where opponents know what the Devils are going to do before they themselves know.  No way Green comes back.

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

1-2 under Green but you can tell they’re back to trying again.  They didn’t play that badly today, but Carolina’s just better right now.

No doubt the Canes are the much better team. Don't you think they played a completely fundamentally flawed game by continually trying to carry the puck into the zone. How hard is it for any coach to say hey today we're not going to be able to do that? They played right into the Canes strength. I do think the Devs played a good second period.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, titans04 said:

No doubt the Canes are the much better team. Don't you think they played a completely fundamentally flawed game by continually trying to carry the puck into the zone. How hard is it for any coach to say hey today we're not going to be able to do that? They played right into the Canes strength. I do think the Devs played a good second period.

The team obviously needs better coaching.  That wasn’t Lindy and we know it’s not Interim Guy either.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The team obviously needs better coaching.  That wasn’t Lindy and we know it’s not Interim Guy either.

Fitz needs to go too.

• Like 2

Just now, capo said:

Fitz needs to go too.

Yea I’m kind of feeling this more and more, if he fvcks up the coach hire or finding a real goalie this offseason he should absolutely be done. Pack your sh!t and get the hell out. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Yea I’m kind of feeling this more and more, if he fvcks up the coach hire or finding a real goalie this offseason he should absolutely be done. Pack your sh!t and get the hell out. 

Absolutely.  He needs to nail the coaching hire and goalie acquisition, and he needs to find players who bring toughness on the ice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, capo said:

Fitz needs to go too.

Not gonna happen, and I don’t think it should.

He’s set himself up to land a goalie and be able to pay him, and he’ll get a new coach.

He’s had a bad season overall, but has begun the necessary course correction.

4 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

He landed Hamilton and made the deal to bring in Meier.  Not like he hasn’t shown the ability to reel in big fish before.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If Jack didn't miss on the breakaway, if Daws hugged the post, if they were more crisp on 4 on 3....they could’ve, would've, possibly, maybe...

In reality, no one but Nico, Bratt, and Jack can skate the puck into the zone. They are very reluctant to shoot although they constantly prove to themselves it works. They need more beef dressed in the Devils jerseys. They need someone who can both play and drop gloves without getting embarrassed. WE NEED A COACH WHO WILL BUILD A HOCKEY TEAM NOT JUST A BUNCH OF TALENTED PLAYERS. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not gonna happen, and I don’t think it should.

He’s set himself up to land a goalie and be able to pay him, and he’ll get a new coach.

He’s had a bad season overall, but has begun the necessary course correction.

He landed Hamilton and made the deal to bring in Meier.  Not like he hasn’t shown the ability to reel in big fish before.

I feel like he was handed about as good as a bag as anyone could be handed.  He hired his buddies and refused to fire them.  He fvcked up with Bratt and had to eat crow and ended up costing him $2 mil a year x8.  He's fvcked up Holtz. They attempted to do the same thing with Nemec.  The goalie situation. I would argue that Hamilton and Palat were bad signings.  The only move I like is the Meier trade.

3 minutes ago, capo said:

I feel like he was handed about as good as a bag as anyone could be handed.  He hired his buddies and refused to fire them.  He fvcked up with Bratt and had to eat crow and ended up costing him $2 mil a year x8.  He's fvcked up Holtz. They attempted to do the same thing with Nemec.  The goalie situation. I would argue that Hamilton and Palat were bad signings.  The only move I like is the Meier trade.

Were you saying all of this last season?  Doubtful.

Doesn’t matter, if Fitz nails the coaching hire and brings in a goalie, you’ll be right back in his corner.  He can’t do these things right this second, so I get that some fans are just going to keep pissing all over him until he can.  It is what it is.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Were you saying all of this last season?  Doubtful.  

Yes, of course. We could have Kahkonen for free at the beginning of last year instead he gave assets for VV.  Fitz hasn't been good overall. He threw bags at Hamilton and Palat that's why they came here. Both got way too much money and too many years. 

15 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

If Jack didn't miss on the breakaway, if Daws hugged the post, if they were more crisp on 4 on 3....they could’ve, would've, possibly, maybe...

In reality, no one but Nico, Bratt, and Jack can skate the puck into the zone. They are very reluctant to shoot although they constantly prove to themselves it works. They need more beef dressed in the Devils jerseys. They need someone who can both play and drop gloves without getting embarrassed. WE NEED A COACH WHO WILL BUILD A HOCKEY TEAM NOT JUST A BUNCH OF TALENTED PLAYERS. 

They’ll have one next season.  The rest of this one is about getting the youngsters as much experience as possible and eliminating some of the bad habits that took hold under Lindy.

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

They’ll have one next season.  The rest of this one is about getting the youngsters as much experience as possible and eliminating some of the bad habits that took hold under Lindy.

They do need seasoning but they need grit on every line and on D.  They are too soft and they don't grind at all. They got grilled by Carolina last year because they refused to get the puck deep and grind it out.  They just kept trying to skate through them. Just like today.

3 minutes ago, capo said:

They do need seasoning but they need grit on every line and on D.  They are too soft and they don't grind at all. They got grilled by Carolina last year because they refused to get the puck deep and grind it out.  They just kept trying to skate through them. Just like today.

I agree that the Devils need to get tougher, but I also believe that some of issues you’re citing are at least partly attributable to coaching.  It’s on Green to recognize that his team’s default style of play won’t work against Carolina and make an adjustment.  Except for the final two minutes, during which Timo got one of his dirty goals at the net, we didn’t see any adjustments to the Devils’ attack.

18 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Yes, bud the load of bad habits is overwhelming. 

I believe this team is very broken and they're too reliant on Jack Hughes.  Jack is an uber talented player with the puck but he lacks pretty much everywhere else, including attitude. He's not really replaceable but it's time for him to take the next step. Hopefully, next year he can stay on the ice and do that.

21 minutes ago, capo said:

I believe this team is very broken and they're too reliant on Jack Hughes.  Jack is an uber talented player with the puck but he lacks pretty much everywhere else, including attitude. He's not really replaceable but it's time for him to take the next step. Hopefully, next year he can stay on the ice and do that.

I wouldn't call them "broken" by any stretch of the imagination but even when they were doing well towards the beginning of the season, I said they need to start figuring something out other than feed Jack the puck and hope for a highlight reel, I told you guys even my girlfriend said "they can't keep this up with just Jack"

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 1