GDT: The 'It Barely Matters" Edition - 3/14/24 Devils @ Stars 8:00pm MSGN2

NJDfan1711

The whole point of having Jack and Nico is to have two strong lines. Kind of like Crosby/Malkin, McDavid/Draisaitl, Matthews/Tavares, etc.

Nah let's just throw them on the same line and hope something happens

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I really like how DeSimone was moving the puck. He was patient in his own zone allowing the team to change, and then did a hard dump in that led to the goal.

But he’s worse than Brendan Smith! Lindy, Green and Fitz say so!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nessus said:

The whole point of having Jack and Nico is to have two strong lines. Kind of like Crosby/Malkin, McDavid/Draisaitl, Matthews/Tavares, etc.

Nah let's just throw them on the same line and hope something happens

Plus, Jack is still at LW.  I know they want to protect his shoulder, but he’s not as effective there as he is at center.  Better to keep him and Nico separate.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Tierney. From MacDermid and DeSimone. 

IMG_7373.gif

How many people had that on their Bingo card for this season?

The intermission interview they showed between Erica and Jack was awesome. Seems like they have a cool rapport with one another. I love how when she asked him one word to describe himself you can see him clear his throat and think for a minute, it seemed like he didn't want to come off conceited, but I thought he gave a great answer when he said "fun". That's definitely his personality and it's an awesome quality - to be honest I like to consider myself the exact same way, someone who's nice and fun to be around that's easy to get along with. However, I think as Jack starts to get a little older he needs to put fun aside and figure out if he really wants to win. You can see sometimes in his game since things come easy to him he's out there just having fun. But I really do think he could raise his game to another level which is pretty scary considering he's already among the top players in the league. 

I would just say one thing to him at this point: Hey Jack, you know what's fun? WINNING.

• Like 1

So I just watched the Tierney goal because I was out of the room and missed it. It looks exactly like you would expect a goal scored by Chris Tierney and assisted by Kurtis MacDermid and Nick DeSimone to look. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

The intermission interview they showed between Erica and Jack was awesome. Seems like they have a cool rapport with one another. I love how when she asked him one word to describe himself you can see him clear his throat and think for a minute, it seemed like he didn't want to come off conceited, but I thought he gave a great answer when he said "fun". That's definitely his personality and it's an awesome quality - to be honest I like to consider myself the exact same way, someone who's nice and fun to be around that's easy to get along with. However, I think as Jack starts to get a little older he needs to put fun aside and figure out if he really wants to win. You can see sometimes in his game since things come easy to him he's out there just having fun. But I really do think he could raise his game to another level which is pretty scary considering he's already among the top players in the league. 

I would just say one thing to him at this point: Hey Jack, you know what's fun? WINNING.

I don’t think there’s any question he wants to win, but winning is as much about know-how as it is about effort.  A new coach will likely be good for Jack, as well as the rest of the team, as he’ll eliminate the bad habits that took hold under the old man and instill the discipline necessary for the group to have a winning mindset.

• Like 1