GDT: 3/16/24 Devils last last stand @ Coyotes 5:00pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Losers 

Even really bad teams find the way to pick up the momentum after a win. Devils can't play with the intensity that puts the opposition on their heels. Inconsistency killed everything good they managed to do this year. I won't be surprised if they beat Vegas tomorrow, but it wouldn't matter because they will lose the following game. 

• Like 3

I guess it's time for us Devils fans to ride off into the sunset on this season.

There's really no reason to watch the rest of these games.

Just come back in October and maybe next season will be better. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Chico: “We could go through the list of teams who won’t make the playoffs who’ve won points from the Devils.”

It’d be a pretty damn long list, longer than the Manga Carta, and why we won’t be going either.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I guess it's time for us Devils fans to ride off into the sunset on this season.

There's really no reason to watch the rest of these games.

Just come back in October and maybe next season will be better. 

Oh, the season is over...has been for a while already. 

• Like 2
  • Vomiting 2

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

Sorry, I feel like this franchise is in a much worse position than when they first came into the league in ‘82.

C’mon now. 

A core of Jack, Nico, Bratt, Timo, Dougie, Nemec, and Luke…

Go look at some of those early 80’s rosters. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

C’mon now. 

Or even some from the past decade.  As was pointed out the other day, Adam Henrique led the 2014-15 squad with 43 points.

16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

C’mon now. 

Fitz slept on this season too long. The issues became evident in November. Bring back a few winnable points we left on the table and they'd be inside the playoff pool despite all injuries, bad goaltending, and bad defense. 

They’re not in a worse position but they have too many a$$holes who aren’t self starters and constantly need a kick in the ass. At least Fitz either needs to fumigate the locker room or get a coach in here who’ll demand accountability - ideally some combination of both though

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

They’re not in a worse position but they have too many a$$holes who aren’t self starters and constantly need a kick in the ass. At least Fitz either needs to fumigate the locker room or get a coach in here who’ll demand accountability - ideally some combination of both though

A hard-nosed coach is the #1 move Fitz must make in off-season.

Edited by Devs64
  • Like 4

I'm almost at a loss for words. This team doesn't deserve the playoffs at all. Losing the occasional winnable game here and there is fine. It happens every now and then. But it can't happen more often than not, and it certainly can't happen in most wind do or die games when the season is on the line. 

There really was no excuse for their performance today and the end result.  

If I were the coach, GM, anyone else in a position management, and certainly as a fan, I call out every single player on the team. You guys are not good enough. You are bad. Maybe not at your core, but this season, you've been bad. There's no two ways about it. You've played bad hockey for 60 or 70% of the season and you've lost to teams who were absolutely beatable and that you were simply better than. 

Jack, Nico, Bratt, and Co: Right now, you are significantly overpaid.  Let that sink in. You are bad hockey players.  Enjoy the off season.  I hope you bring more to the table come next October. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm almost at a loss for words. This team doesn't deserve the playoffs at all. Losing the occasional winnable game here and there is fine. It happens every now and then. But it can't happen more often than not, and it certainly can't happen in most wind do or die games when the season is on the line. 

If I were the coach, GM, anyone else in a position management, and certainly as a fan, I call out every single player on the team. You guys are not good enough. You are bad. Maybe not at your core, but this season, you've been bad. There's no two ways about it. You've played bad hockey for 60 or 70% of the season and you've lost to teams who were absolutely beatable and that you were simply better than. 

Jack, Nico, Bratt, and Co: Right now, you are significantly overpaid.  Let that sink in. You are bad hockey players.  Enjoy the off season.  I hope you bring more to the table come next October. 

Not sure you replied to my post. If yes, what I meant was that they could be in the playoffs mathematically, but they absolutely don't deserve it. Speaking of the players, they are not bad. They are seriously infected by horrible coaching, which in turn, affected them mentally. It's fixable, but Fitz has to be surgical to not make things worse. There's nothing more detrimental for a young team than a soft-bodied but stubborn in his stupidity individual behind the bench.

59 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If you get scored on first over half of your games, you have a coaching problem because they are never ready to play and massive motivation problem.

If I’m the owner, fitz starts next year on the hot seat. Not even a question.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Not sure you replied to my post. If yes, what I meant was that they could be in the playoffs mathematically, but they absolutely don't deserve it. Speaking of the players, they are not bad. They are seriously infected by horrible coaching, which in turn, affected them mentally. It's fixable, but Fitz has to be surgical to not make things worse. There's nothing more detrimental for a young team than a soft-bodied but stubborn in his stupidity individual behind the bench.

Nope, wasn't replying to anyone in particular. Just venting and ranting. 

41 minutes ago, jagknife said:

If you get scored on first over half of your games, you have a coaching problem because they are never ready to play and massive motivation problem.

Don't disagree at all. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Hindsight is always 20/20, but I don’t understand why he was given an extension amidst all this.  At the time of its announcement, there was still a possibility the Devils would make the playoffs, but questions about the team’s underperformance and calls for Lindy’s job were rampant even then.

Some have theorized that the announcement was intended as a distraction from the forthcoming Hockey Canada indictments, but that possibility actually makes the Devils organization look worse, as it suggests team officials had more knowledge of the charges against McLeod and Foote than they’ve let on.

4 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I keep thinking of Friesen talking about how Stevens was pissed about losing that game to the Redwings in OT and how he thought he was going to throw a skate at him on the 03 cup DVD. There is no one on this team with a competitive spirit close to that. Nico doesn't seem like that kind of leader(idk for sure just doesn't look like it). They need a coach that's going to demand that level of competitiveness and accountability from them. They have started games and not looked sharp in too many games this year. It's unacceptable. Devils teams of the recent past with near zero expectations and guys like Bret Seney on the roster played with more pride than this team. Goaltending aside, it's bullsh!t that this level of play was deemed acceptable all season. They let these guys rest on their laurels because of the success last year. The team had abysmal goaltending the year before and looked nothing like this.

Sorry, rant over.

Paulie Walnuts Mafia GIF by HBO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m so glad I was busy enjoying Vegas today instead of watching this sh!t show. Really hoping they don’t embarrass me tomorrow.

I wouldn't bet on it.......

Actually put money on Vegas, at least you will profit from the failure.

• Like 1