GDT: Devs @ Rags 7:00 PM TNT/Tru TV

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I don’t think you need to “shelter” them next season. But no defenseman outside the absolute best handful of guys in the league should be playing 30+ minutes. Split the difference. 

I hope not but they needed to be sheltered this season. And I wouldn’t expect some huge jump in development with either one next season. If they’re playing the same role next season with no competent partner then we can expect similar results.

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean it's easy to sit here and say this now, but I think we all knew this was coming.  Even after that pretty great second period.

They're just a bad team.  They can't close out games.

Oh we could see it coming from a mile away. The script we all knew was going to happen 

• Like 2

Just now, Puckbuster said:

They need a decent starting goalie and a great coach.  This team has a sh!t ton of talent.

Yep. This should be a very enticing landing spot for a HC. The core is as good as you’re going to get from a team with an opening. 

• Like 4

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Of course.  Among this team’s myriad problems is its inability to make adjustments.

Not exactly a strong suit of Lindy nor Groan.

• Like 2

Ruff polluted this team with his loser mentality.

green continued it.

fitz facilitated it.

they all suck

1 minute ago, mackchi said:

The Drop Football GIF

our coaching staff

That’s an insult to vintage comedy.

there was nothing funny nor charming about lost loser Lindy Ruff or greaseball Green

• Like 3

These final games should have been used to get more of a look at Hatakka and DeSimone. Playing Smith (who absolutely can’t be part of the plan next season) is inexcusable. Make it make sense. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Of course.  Among this team’s myriad problems is its inability to make adjustments.

I don't even know if they are skilled enough to make adjustments. 

9 minutes ago, devlman said:

Being out scored first. Not holding leads. Fitzgerald can take all the blame for icing a bad team and wasting this year.

If there is to be accountability, the buck needs to stop at the person in charge.

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

These final games should have been used to get more of a look at Hatakka and DeSimone. Playing Smith (who absolutely can’t be part of the plan next season) is inexcusable. Make it make sense. 

“We-ah nawt gunnah bee ah door-ah mat anee mo-ah” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

“We-ah nawt gunnah bee ah door-ah mat anee mo-ah” 

It’s next year or bust for him.  

• Like 4

I was blessed to have 3 seats from 1994---2006.......we saw the best Devils teams ever and feel for those of you who have never seen anything but the total sh!t this organization puts on the ice now.  I hope in the near future they can find a legit goalie and seasoned D men. The wins will come if they can fill those major problems. Until then save your money.

• Like 4

Just now, njbuff said:

The Devils need TWO left Dmen that are legit for next season and beyond.

Where does it come from?

The right side should be ok with Hamilton, Nemec and a rejuvenated Marino.

Well, I think Luke can be one of those, but as he’s an offensive-minded player, the other needs to be a plus defender.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Well, I think Luke can be one of those, but as he’s an offensive-minded player, the other needs to be a plus defender.

Luke is the only L Dman that's worth anything right now.

He has tremendous upside if his team doesn't fail him. 

• Like 1