2024 IIHF World Championship

RunninWithTheDevil

Just hope no one gets hurt long-term.  Last thing the 2024-25 Devils need.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just hope no one gets hurt long-term.  Last thing the 2024-25 Devils need.

Yes, my hope is that everyone who plays stays healthy and is able to prepare for next season once this is over.

On 4/26/2024 at 12:10 PM, Nicomo said:

Team USA is pretty stacked. 

I'm excited about this year, I really want to see USA finally win one. They haven't won since 1960 and that was also the Olympics that year, they just counted it as the worlds that year. They are running out of excuses not to be better than they are on the world stage. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 12:26 PM, Satans Hockey said:

I'm excited about this year, I really want to see USA finally win one. They haven't won since 1960 and that was also the Olympics that year, they just counted it as the worlds that year. They are running out of excuses not to be better than they are on the world stage. 

The reason they don't play is it is high risk, low reward.

Quite honestly, I don't want any Devils playing in the Worlds due to risk of injury. Nico should not play IMO. 

10 minutes ago, hystyk28 said:

The reason they don't play is it is high risk, low reward.

Quite honestly, I don't want any Devils playing in the Worlds due to risk of injury. Nico should not play IMO. 

Yeah I can’t take Worlds seriously. Any tournament conducted at the same time as the Stanley Cup playoffs is not a serious hockey tournament.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Glad he is OK, but as I stated before the risk outweighs the reward. He is a franchise player, losing him to this horsesh!t hockey would put the Devils in a worse spot than they already are in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hystyk28 said:

Glad he is OK, but as I stated before the risk outweighs the reward. He is a franchise player, losing him to this horsesh!t hockey would put the Devils in a worse spot than they already are in.

Yeah this tournament stuff becomes a bitter pill to swallow if a key player gets hurt...and not like the countries are the ones who suffer the fallout or have to foot the bill.  With these massive long-term deals and the salaries that go with them, yeah, I don't want to see the Devils' top players putting themselves at risk.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah this tournament stuff becomes a bitter pill to swallow if a key player gets hurt...and not like the countries are the ones who suffer the fallout or have to foot the bill.  With these massive long-term deals and the salaries that go with them, yeah, I don't want to see the Devils' top players putting themselves at risk.

With the Olympics and Four Nations tournaments on the way, we’re gonna just have to deal with it. Our top guys are gonna play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

With the Olympics and Four Nations tournaments on the way, we’re gonna just have to deal with it. Our top guys are gonna play.

Oh I know.  I just hate it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hystyk28 said:

This tournament means waaaaay more to the European players from smaller nations than it does to those from NA. See the celebrations after a loss to Canada by the Austrian fans. These guys want to play.

16 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sure beats the sh!t out of having no one really even being invited like the dark days of the late 20-teens

• Like 3