MOGILNY CLEARS WAIVERS

DevsRule

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are misinterpreting what I'm saying. Look at every signing Lou has made. And yes, I lumped pre-lockout. What I'm saying is that every signing has since been traded, demoted, waived, or retired with the exception of Matvichuk and Langdon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right, Lou has taken his lumps this year for sure.

Since that is done, based on his past performance, let's hope that his recent decisions are back on track.

God knows how great it felt watching last night's performance. There reason for optimism, for today at least, before other realities may come back into the picture.

Probably that may be why Lou would be getting seen in a more favorable light today.

You're right, Lou has taken his lumps this year for sure.

Since that is done, based on his past performance, let's hope that his recent decisions are back on track.

God knows how great it felt watching last night's performance.  There reason for optimism, for today at least, before other realities may come back into the picture. 

Probably that may be why Lou would be getting seen in a more favorable light today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha hop over to tsn.ca where they think lou is a huge ass

haha hop over to tsn.ca where they think lou is a huge ass

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree with them, no wonder Selanne didnt wanna sign here, and neither did Bondra, next few years we'll hardly ever land a decent free agent. Our Future is Albelin and Brown.

I totally agree with them, no wonder Selanne didnt wanna sign here, and neither did Bondra, next few years we'll hardly ever land a decent free agent.  Our Future is Albelin and Brown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

our future cant be albelin... i love him but hes going to be wearing adult diapers soon

"Lou Lam is a disgrace to his profession. Yes these guys (players) make big money but that does not condone treating them like dogs. If Toronto had any room they'd take him off their hands. Low class organizations like the Devil's, which ruined hockey with their ugly trap, do not deserve players of Molgilny's quality. Hope he lands with a good team. Thanks for your time in TO Alex."

-jwcmcq

(TSN.ca)

I always liked Mplginy, buy her lost me when he had a 2 on 1 with Jansen and PASSED TO HIM!  :argh:

The Flyers message board is drooling, they want Molginy so badly!  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The effing Fers can have him. Almo is over rated. I know the stats and stuff but if he's so good Larry and Lou would not of sat him and Lou would not of waived him.

Has anyone thought that maybe this is what Mogilny wanted? We all saw him being ineffecive and a step behind. Maybe he did, too? I don't think Lou would just outright waive a veteran player who has been here a couple times and knows the way things work. Maybe it was a mutual decision. Injuries, the daily grind, Lou cracking the whip behind the bench. Maybe it just got too much for the hip and his heart.

But then again, Lou had to do something and with the way he's been playing, his salary and his hip (AND the fact that he might be the lockerroom problem) Lou may have just waived him to help right the ship, but I think they definitely would have talked it over a little beforehand.

-Dan

He wants guys who understand that wearing the NJ Devils uniform means a total commitment to excellence every minute of every game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so what the F is Langdon still doing in a Devils sweater????

well, he better be moving a lot more than mogilny cause until the Florida game, I haven't seen one Devil play 60 minutes of hockey .... which has been the most frustrating to watch ....

Line: 

Elias Gomez Gionta (maybe switch Parise/Elias for more balance)

Parise Brylin Marshall (give it a chance, good line for Parise)

Pando Madden Langs (can still add some scoring to great defense)

Suglo Kozlov* Tallackson (some offensive ability-spot duty on pp)

* if he

"Lou Lam is a disgrace to his profession. Yes these guys (players) make big money but that does not condone treating them like dogs. If Toronto had any room they'd take him off their hands. Low class organizations like the Devil's, which ruined hockey with their ugly trap, do not deserve players of Molgilny's quality. Hope he lands with a good team. Thanks for your time in TO Alex."

-jwcmcq

(TSN.ca)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, this sounds like a Ranger or Flyer fan here. Just the frustration of another organization (and their fan base), that I enjoy watching their last game of the year every year!

Wow the news just never ends with the Devils, eh? :blink:

I don't get this unless Lou thinks Mogilny's shot with all the issues he's had with his hip and all. It's certainly not a cap move unless Lou's got a major trade for a scorer on the front burner, which I suppose would be another rationale for doing it. I don't think Mogilny had become a cancer, he was a team player. The timing's questionable too after the team'd had their best win of the season.

I do applaud the stones it took for Lou to basically throw out $12 million in salary the next two years with Mogilny and McGillis, apparently Vanderbeek was okay with it. But still, just adds to a bizarre month.

Edited by Hasan4978

Has anyone thought that maybe this is what Mogilny wanted?

That's what I am thinking. But the thing that doesn't make sense is why not just have Mogilny retire instead of putting him on waivers?. Unless it had something to do with the cap.

Edited by sandman441

Mogilny sucked. He is NO loss. If anyone thinks otherwise, well, I dunno what to say.

Elias in his first game back from Hep A was 30x more effective than Mogs. Suglobov, when he played, was 10x more effective than Mogs.

People talk about offense...what offense? He has done jack sh!t this season, and is no threat when he's on the ice. Suglobov can EASILY take his place this season, and do a far better job.

If we are clear of his salary, this will also enable us to get a higher priced player who can really help the team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are you smoking??? Yeah Elias was ill however you forget about the hip surgeries Mogliny has been thru...it is amazing he can still skate... have you any idea what hip surgery leaves a person with??? Sluggo do a better job...like I said...what are you smoking :noclue:

Maybe Mogs did want this...maybe when he signed he knew he would only play until Elias returned...maybe he said I will try and if my hips don't allow me to play like I want to then I will bow out, retire, go on waivers or whatever...we can all speculate...the truth is none of us will ever know the full truth.

Honestly, part of me wonders if Lou is a little too heartless here. I mean, Oliwa got "screwed over" (ie he "turned down" other teams to play here), I really hope this wasn't the case with Mogilny as well. If so, yeah, our management has balls of steel, but at the same time they are cold as ice.

We don't know the story though, unfortunately, and I doubt we'll know the full extent -- was there a falling out, was there beef, is there underlying tones that suggest another move? Who knows. I do get the feeling we gave up too early on AlMo and, yeah, if given the opportunity I'd rather have Mogs over Kozlov or even the waste of a roster spot that is Darren Langdon, but we don't know. Maybe AlMo's hip is worse off that suggested, maybe he had no drive, or maybe he just didn't WANT to play hockey -- or play hockey for the Devils at that. It could go either way. This may have been just as much Alexander's decision as it was Lou's.

I do also agree with Derek's assessment that we really do have all our EGGs in one basket now. Contain the EGG line, we're pretty much screwed. I have to think there's something else to come.

I thought the madden line looked reinvigorated in the last game, and down right threatening. I wouldnt say we are a one trick pony now, but we arent super deep either. I also think parise is really starting to come together and learn the nhl game. *Soon* we will be reaping the benefits of that.

I think some team will claim Mogilny. He can still contribute. I wouldn't mind the Rangers taking a waiver. They only have two finishers on their roster and one's a rookie. Mogilny on their 2nd line and 2nd PP unit wouldn't be a bad option.

If Lou was being totally heartless then why does Langdon still get a paycheck (unless is gaining new levels of douche-dom and waiting for the day before the next pay day to waive him :evil: )

I dunno.... this one has more then meets the eye written all over it....

then again it's been a crazy year enough .... so who knows ?

also why was Friesen traded and not just dumped ??

somehow I get the feeling Alex asked for this..... :noclue: