Claude Julien fired as head coach

John Wensink

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so as the article was dated the Second. I think it would have been found out by now. Plus Why?. I don't remember seeing this but on hfboards somebody said in Toronto that they think it's because Julien wouldn't play Matvichuk.

That doesn't make sense, at least not right now. Lou would have to activate him first. And that's his responsibility.

I will say this - I take back part of what I said about Gomez. If he had refused to come back unless Lou fired the coach, in the old days, Lou would have told him to sit until kingdom come. And suspended him.

Senseless. Julien wasn't Toe Blake, but he wasn't a bad coach. For those of you claiming he's too defensive - how is this team any different from the one Lou coached last season? They played the exact same style.

I don't get it. And unless it results in a Stanley Cup or something near to it, it just doesn't add up.

I don't think Gomez would demand a coach being fired, especially with him on his way out the door. His play may have demanded it, but not him.

Edited by Triumph

Hey I saw it on NJDevs.com... isn't that a reliable source???

I still believe the true motives for the firings are ones we'll never know... Lou has too much class to bring up those disagreements in the press and I believe Julien does too. We'll all just have to keep guessing.... and drinking the Kool Aid.

I said he'd be gone by Thanksgiving. I really don't understand how this guy could be defended. We were an awesomely medocre team under him. What a strategy, dump the puck in and then DON'T chase it. Let the other team get it and hope for them to make a mistake. Regardless of where this team is in the standings, they weren't going anywhere fast. We barely beat awful teams, injuries or not, and I could see the team was once again playing for themselves and not him. Lou went with his gut feeling and probably with a few players that he's very close to and saw that this team wasn't going anywhere in the playoffs.

How many games have we comfortably won recently, or this year for that matter? Every game, aside from a select few has been a nail biter. How much worse will we do with Lou's motivation behind the bench? Not very. I am now more comfortable with this team going into the playoffs than I was yesterday and I say good riddance to a lifeless coach who rewarded his team with days off after horrible games.

I said he'd be gone by Thanksgiving. I really don't understand how this guy could be defended. We were an awesomely medocre team under him. What a strategy, dump the puck in and then DON'T chase it. Let the other team get it and hope for them to make a mistake. Regardless of where this team is in the standings, they weren't going anywhere fast. We barely beat awful teams, injuries or not, and I could see the team was once again playing for themselves and not him. Lou went with his gut feeling and probably with a few players that he's very close to and saw that this team wasn't going anywhere in the playoffs.

How many games have we comfortably won recently, or this year for that matter? Every game, aside from a select few has been a nail biter. How much worse will we do with Lou's motivation behind the bench? Not very. I am now more comfortable with this team going into the playoffs than I was yesterday and I say good riddance to a lifeless coach who rewarded his team with days off after horrible games.

That's the thing Tri, this team I could see going at least to the conference finals or bowing out in 5. Maybe Lou feels under him they have a better shot at doing better.

Again, we don't know what's going on. It's not all about the record and what place we are in.

This seems too odd for it to happen for strictly on ice reason. 3 games left in the regular season while this team is getting healthy and playing better.

Didn't Julien sign a 2 year deal?

Edited by '7'

Huh? That's exactly what we were doing under Lou last season. That team was only marginally better and that's because EGG came to play. I don't see this team being incredibly improved by the addition of a coach who's going to employ the same or similar strategy. I really didn't see this coming and thought Julien had earned himself at least until December of next season - this isn't a very good team, skeeter. There's two rookies on defense, not that much depth on defense, no scoring depth - it's a playoff team, and it could go somewhere in the playoffs, but it wouldn't surprise me to see this team out in six games.