GDT: TB@DEVILS 04/12/07 7:30 pm

Devilish34

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man what a game! just getting back and I was almost right that there were close to 15K tonight in attendance.

Parise scoring the Devils first goal was sweet and his second one was just amazing as well as Elias' and Gionta's goals. Nice to see the Devils score 5 goals and 2 on the PP! That is huge and the PK needs to play a little better. Madden/Pandolfo need to tighten up on their top scoring line and with Brodeur having 6 ddays off I think he was a little rusty on the two slap shot goals from the same side of the point/top circle. The second goal was just terrible and soft but Brodeur played good and got the win to go up 1-0 in the series over TB. :evil:

The banners of some of the players up in the rafters look pretty cool. B ) The one with Brodeur has Clemmy in it too behind Brodeur.

Devils need to come out fired up like they were tonight on Saturday and go to TB for Game 3 up 2-0.

It was a descent crowd tonight and plenty of loud chants. Most were into this game and fired up as well.

The most important stat, and I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE IS FACEOFF'S WON! Can somebody please help a brutha out here?

Ok, for every Devil win a gratuitous picture of a lovely lady:

elisha-cuthbert-gm_l1.jpg

GO DEVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Devils won and that's what counts. IMO it wasn't a good offensive game for the Devils because Holmqvist was so bad last night. I wouldn't be surprised if Tortorella doesn't change goalies for Game 2. Devils defense had to help Marty often and then they weren't so great overall. It was a sloppy game of mistakes.

The Devils won and that's what counts. IMO it wasn't a good offensive game for the Devils because Holmqvist was so bad last night. I wouldn't be surprised if Tortorella doesn't change goalies for Game 2. Devils defense had to help Marty often and then they weren't so great overall. It was a sloppy game of mistakes.

Oduya played well in the third, no doubt he was terrible the first two. I saw him do some very good thigns once he decided to keep his left hand off of other players.

Greene saved that 3 on 1 and made a few other solid plays.

It's a good thing none of us are coaches, seeing how easily we give up on people. What was Lou doing putting a rookie out on the PK in his first NHL playoff game? Shows the faith he has in Oduya (as do I), but probably not the best idea right now. Think he tried to do too much out there and that's what got him in trouble. Sure, he got burned by St. Louis after that as well - but tell me how many other NHL defensemen have too? It happens - he redeemed himself later in the game when it counted and Lou showed faith in the kid by keeping him out there. Unlike Julien. Give the kid a break. You guys want to get on a defenseman? How about the veterans who should know better. White was a glaring -2 and needs to learn how to tie guys up along the boards. No one complaining about his stupid penalty.

The rookies will come around - Greene played better than I thought he would, but I'm not sure I like him on the PP (but he didn't see the ice much in the 3rd). Zajac was non-existant, which I don't suspect will last terribly long once he settles down. Just keep in mind they are rookies and they will make mistakes, it doesn't mean they should get yanked every time they screw up.

Not a bad game, just hate the way the refs are calling this first round (for everyone). But, Brodeur has to be better or we'll be sunk.

"I thought our crowd was outstanding," general manager/coach Lou Lamoriellosaid. "You couldn't tell me what the size (of the crowd) was. It soundedlike a full house with the enthusiasm and noise."

Right winger Jamie Langenbrunner said the crowd inspired the Devils.

"It's obviously disappointing (that it wasn't a sellout), but the 14,000here were pretty good," he said. "Especially at the beginning of the game.Hopefully we'll keep winning and bring them back. It's tough when you driveby on the highway and can't see the arena anymore."

The timing could not have been worse as dozens of parking spaces wereeliminated outside the arena prior to Game 1. The area was fenced off forconstruction.

It was a great night!!! The crowd was awesome!!! I couldnt stop chanting Lets Go Devils on the concourse before the game!

It felt like a Sell out! I loved every minute of last night!

Johnny O did fine, once the jitters passed. the penalties were stupid but the play was OK. And if I reme ber correctly, there were a couple of times where St. Louis skated around 3 of our guys while looking for Vinny, so I'd hate to blame Oduya for that one time. That was purley the least of our problems. They still got pinned back too many times. What's this sh!@t about the defensemen stopping and flipping the puck behind Marty.

IMO it wasn't a good offensive game for the Devils because Holmqvist was so bad last night.

I agree. I mean, just seeing the puck going in has got to give our forwards confidence. But they were mostly horrible goals.

Holmqvist can't be this bad for the rest of the series...can he?

:noclue: