GDT: DEVILS @ SENS 7pm 5/2/07

Devilish34

Dude, Marty didn't see it. If you don't see it come off the stick, you aren't going to find it on the way to the net. I don't care if it's 40 feet or 50 feet. That shot should have been blocked - it wasn't.

Your whole argument is pointless. There's no other goalie that would give us a chance to win. We had a chance to win, we didn't get it done. Scoring 2 goals in 7 periods isn't going to win many games.

Whatever, they lost, but the shot is just stoppable, especially for stanley cup playoffs/semifinals. Go watch Lundqvuist play, sabres shot from everywhere with screens and all, and he's been a real monster for Rags. What Marty has not been for us this year.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

series isn't over - i want to at least send it back to ottawa for a game 6.

but yeah elias is clearly hurt and brodeur can stop every one but the easy one.

Quoted for truth +6000.

I'm not jumping off the band wagon. Maybe I'm just blind but the Devils still have a chance. Until those perennial choke artist Senators win 4 games against us, the Devils are still in this.

Btw its amazing how Dowd gets called for a stick violation, while down by a man already, in the last 5 minutes of potentially the teams season, while Ottawa scored their second goal when Matty's stick was being held the same damn way. Guess they missed that one. I still can't believe how nobody is up in arms over that.

The thing that REALLY sucks about this, is that now we have to wait Thursday, Friday, and most of the day Saturday for the next game. These next 72 hours will suck.

The thing that REALLY sucks about this, is that now we have to wait Thursday, Friday, and most of the day Saturday for the next game. These next 72 hours will suck.

Hopefully the longer break can work to our advantage by diminishing Ottawa's momentum.

I didn't even have to look at the TV to know who got a penalty with his team down in the final minutes. White needs to be more careful.

The weak pass/shot goal Marty let in killed this team. And Elias does look tired, but we need him.

Man I'm not going to lie I'm really bummed. I didn't get to watch any of them game because I was in class, but my friend was texting me score updates the entire time. Then I talked to my dad who said that we can't seem to keep any consistent offense pressure in the zone. :( I still have faith that we can come back in win, but it's really hard to be optimistic...they definitely have to change something if that's going to happen.

elias isn't a joke now, he's sick. it's obvious to anyone watching the game that he doesn't have the energy to play effectively.

Then he shouldn't play. It's playoff time. Put up or shut up. If you're healthy enough to be on the ice, you don't use it as an excuse. Period.

Man I'm not going to lie I'm really bummed. I didn't get to watch any of them game because I was in class, but my friend was texting me score updates the entire time. Then I talked to my dad who said that we can't seem to keep any consistent offense pressure in the zone. :( I still have faith that we can come back in win, but it's really hard to be optimistic...they definitely have to change something if that's going to happen.

Trust me, you didn't miss a thing. You were better off being in class learning something. Even if you didn't learn anything, you were still better off being in class.

Then he shouldn't play. It's playoff time. Put up or shut up. If you're healthy enough to be on the ice, you don't use it as an excuse. Period.

Elias isn't. It's just we can see it. People bitched he didn't play and now they're bitching he is trying to play through it. He obviously can't do right even though he basically made the first goal happen tonight.

Elias isn't. It's just we can see it. People bitched he didn't play and now they're bitching he is trying to play through it. He obviously can't do right even though he basically made the first goal happen tonight.

Let's not forget Sykora. You play unless your back is twiching so bad your torso turns (White).

Trust me, you didn't miss a thing. You were better off being in class learning something. Even if you didn't learn anything, you were still better off being in class.

It's no win for him then. If he doesn't play, he gets crap for not playing cause of a case of the sniffles...if he does play and suck, he shouldn't be out there on the ice because he's bringing his team down.

I don't know, after tonight and pretty much the whole season, I don't want Elias as the Captain. He was awful tonight, and if he's sick or injured that's one thing, but you gotta find a way to push through that. Sidney Crosby managed to push through a broken foot, why can't Elias do the same? I hate to bring that comparison into the mix at all, but I can't help but think of a case like that...

Yes, they do.

Don't know if thats meant to be sarcastic but I hope some of you still believe.

They can do it. I will not take anything from Ottawa but the Devils can be better. Elias is clearly not at 100% and we can't seem to get one fvcking bounce to go our way this series.

There have been times in the past where the Devils were just out matched. 2004 vs Philly, last year vs the Canes come to mind. Thats not the case in this series.

Ottawa may have more skill but the Devils have shown so much heart this year. They're not going to give up and neither should the fans.

There will be a game 6.

I didn't watch the game. I PVRed it, watched a DVD of Boston Legal. The roar of car horns throughout the city told me all I needed to know. Someone I know stopped outside the apartment building and held the horn down. That's the thing about wearing your heart on your sleeve in enemy territory.

Well, this team really shown this season that when they're plaing in a do or die situation, they can make it. Tying all these games late, coming from behind, stealing wins... I believe (well, actually I'm sure!) they will win game 5, but it's really hard to believe in winning the series. But it's not over until it's over.

Even if they will lose in six, let's at least say fare well to the CAA with a win!

4 am o'clock... Gonna get some sleep. ;)

Edited by Revan

When Elias tried a pass through traffic from the slot instead of ripping one in the third, I just hung my head. Tough to watch. I don't know if he's too sick to play, but Elias' and Rafalski's instincts are just not there right now.

He opted for the shot with the goalie pulled. It got blocked which it would have happened the first time. I wish he had passed both times.

Desparate times call for desparate measures... Good-bye playoff beard...good by current background on my laptop...hopefully hello change in luck.

Gone are the days.....

Elias looks horrible right now. He may have had 8 shots tonight, but geez, were any Devils in front of Emery at any point in time? Gone are the days of an Arnott, Holik, Lemieux or McKay hanging around in front of the net, slamming home a juicy rebound. Guess I'm spoiled, and I guess it's something I got too accustomed to!!!! Ottawa's defense is great, no two ways about it, but man, the boys seem to just be going through the motions right now. I've seen Marty be inconsistent before, but I've never seen it occur in such weird patterns, over such longer periods of time then right now. Hot for 5 periods, terrible for 2, hot for 2, terrible for 3. Of course, the fact that our "number one" D-man looks more like Phil Housely these days, I guess you can't put it on Marty, although those last two tonight, whew. I've said it before and I'll say it again..is there any chance of Rafalski not coming back next year?

Elias must not be 100% right now, and I hate to even dare compare him to Stevens in regards to the captaincy, but he just looks bad out there right now. You would hope your captain would come out in a game 4 in which you were down 2-1 and do something about it. It's no win for Patty I guess...he plays he struggles, he sits because of whatever is ailing him, and he's not showing leadership.....

oh well..I do think the Devs will win Saturday to set up an interesting game 6. Like someone mentioned earlier, the Devils are not severely outmatched in this series, so it's not dark yet....

Edited by davemaleyfan