GDT: Ottawa at Devils Game-5 5/5 8:00 PM

thelastonealive

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well put--its been the same story every year since 03. The replacement parts have not been as good as the one's we lost (stevens, neids, daneyko, etc.) . This is a good team in a good system but far from elite in terms of both talent and character. Lou has been the master of the minor tweak (e.g., Grant Marshall) but I think some pretty serious changes are in order to win another cup.

Well it's been fun Devils Fans. Time to move on to the Sabres Board. I really thought the Devils would win tonight. The Sens only played one period and still won the game. Kind of surprising. Do you Devils fans give the Sens much hope against the Sabres or Rangers (less likely)?

Well that could be another Scott on his way out of the devils door.

What a sad way to end the season and our time at the CAA.

Canadian TV making out Emery is the next Brodeur even saying that it looked like at the end of the game marty was passing his torch on. LOL

Posatives for the season:

1)#9 and #19 are players for the future.

Seriousley thats all i can think of right now.

Well it's been fun Devils Fans. Time to move on to the Sabres Board. I really thought the Devils would win tonight. The Sens only played one period and still won the game. Kind of surprising. Do you Devils fans give the Sens much hope against the Sabres or Rangers (less likely)?
Edited by Revan

devils showed little desperation and will for long stretches after the great 1st period.

the inability to score the crucial second goal in the first, especially the miss by langenbrunner really hurt their chances in getting this win.

marty let in way too many softies in this series.

goodbye 16W

there was plenty of heart from everyone tonight. i find no fault there at all. these guys went all out (except perhaps langer at the final buzzer). a terrific ottawa trap makes it seem like the devils aren't trying but that just wasn't the case.

sometimes, you have to tip your hat to the other team on the ice and I do that tonight to the sens.

there was plenty of heart from everyone tonight. i find no fault there at all. these guys went all out (except perhaps langer at the final buzzer). a terrific ottawa trap makes it seem like the devils aren't trying but that just wasn't the case.

sometimes, you have to tip your hat to the other team on the ice and I do that tonight to the sens.

What a lackluster event, I'm disgusted by our teams play tonight, way to throw in the towel.

Good luck Sens, you were by far the better team of the series. heres hoping for a better season in 07/08, see you all in October. :saddevil:

Edited by SickMan

Hey lets be honest it was a good season...Devs entertained and made me love them just as much as in the past.. A new stadium next year to bring a cup home too. CAA already had 3 cups which is more then it fvcking deserved....The only thin i am worried about is Marty...We need marty to shake these playoffs off and go out and win his 4th cup IN NEWARK....I will always love marty and i know he cant train to get better, but if he can i hope this year motivates him to become an even better goalie...Elias will be solid but now the offense has got to be handed to Parise. He tries as hard as gionta and has more skill, at least thats my read on Parise... We all know that all this team needed was a HOSS defensmen that could intimidate and throw some hits to keep people from skating circles and not being worried. Let me sum up my comments: THIS WAS AND WILL BE A CUP TEAM. WE JUST HAVE TO PLAY OUR BEST AT THE RIGHT TIME (remember the 12 game run)...MARTY NEEDS ONE MORE fvckING RING and with a few changes these devils can AND WILL help him win one last cup (BRING A fvckING CUP TO NEWARK).