Brent Sutter to be New Devils Coach

capo

GM? No, not right now. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Lou gives him an assistant GM position with the intent of having him take over somewhere down the road.

I just have a feeling something else is going on because nobody is talking other than the reporters.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a feeling something else is going on because nobody is talking other than the reporters.

So Lou does the 2007 draft, signs a bunch of guys, and says 'Good Luck!'

c'mon. not a chance this happens, and I doubt Brent gets an assistant GM position either.

From another board:

Brian was on the Fan this afternoon and talked about it being such a perfect fit. He's 10 minutes from his farm, gets to coach in a first class organization and he was also commented about "looking after the Rebels until Brent gets back".

Maybe that's why Brent chose the Devils. He knows he can get back to the Rebels soon. :P

So Lou does the 2007 draft, signs a bunch of guys, and says 'Good Luck!'

c'mon. not a chance this happens, and I doubt Brent gets an assistant GM position either.

It was big deal for Sutter to step away from that team. Its been like his baby for a long time. Maybe he took a while to make up his mind. This draft was supposed to be crap anyway. We'll find out tomorrow. I'm just throwing it out there.

I feel in two years if Brodeur is still close to top of his game we maybe ready to make a serious run to the cup. The players in the system who I feel Sutter will really like are the following:

Petr Vrana

Sean Zimmerman

Matt Corrente

Kirill Tulupov

David Clarkson

Rod Pelley

Mike Hoeffel

Mark Fayne

Mark Fraser

Basicly all of our defense prospects are big mean physical guys who play an honest game. Tulupov is basicly Vishnevski with a shot from the point.

I feel in two years if Brodeur is still close to top of his game we maybe ready to make a serious run to the cup. The players in the system who I feel Sutter will really like are the following:

Petr Vrana

Sean Zimmerman

Matt Corrente

Kirill Tulupov

David Clarkson

Rod Pelley

Mike Hoeffel

Mark Fayne

Mark Fraser

Basicly all of our defense prospects are big mean physical guys who play an honest game. Tulupov is basicly Vishnevski with a shot from the point.

Shame Minard left Lowell. I think he'd do quite well under Brent as well.

I feel in two years if Brodeur is still close to top of his game we maybe ready to make a serious run to the cup.

And after that, Jeff Frazee will be our new homegrown goaltender and we'll reign for another 20 years! I'm calling it right now.

I saw on tv earlier that he had stepped down from Red Deer...I was thinking maybe he'll join the Devils! Maybe now we'll get some better porspects from the dub!

And after that, Jeff Frazee will be our new homegrown goaltender and we'll reign for another 20 years! I'm calling it right now.

Can't see it with Frazee....weak mental game isn't what you want in a goaltender. From what I heard though this summer he is starting to grow up and take hockey serious as a career.

Petr Vrana

Sean Zimmerman

Matt Corrente

Kirill Tulupov

David Clarkson

Rod Pelley

Mike Hoeffel

Mark Fayne

Mark Fraser

No offense, and I hope you are right, but our minor leaguers basically svck. (certainly no 1st line stars)

Sutter can't make them skate faster, shoot harder or straighter or have more grit. A coach can't improve a player much more than say 25%, whatever that means.

As my father, who played guitar in bands in the late 70's-early 80's NYC punk movement, "I never thought I could hate music so much".

just curious, was your old man in any bands worth mentioning? that period of punk is one of my favorites, though places like Boston, DC, and LA were doing it better at that point.

i'm very happy with this coach. i'm glad lou took his time and didn't seem like he rushed into this. and i think he absolutely got the guy he wanted. does anyone know what kind of style sutter will bring to the team? what is his philosophy? i hope its more aggressive than julien's was.

Edited by xxchaznjxx

heard it on the radio today. i'm glad they annouced it now, so they can focus on the team. sounds like a good choice. i'm not happy about getting someone with no nhl couaching experience, but at least he has coaching experience and was a former player with championship history. welcome to the team and good luck. :clap:

The more I learn of Sutter the more it reminds me of why LL is the best.

What I like is that he seems to know what this team needs from a personality perspective more so that any other GM in any other sport.

NJ needed Ftorek to get them focused, then Robinson to remind them that they're playing a game.

Burns to once again re-establish the team first mentallity.

Julien to re-focus defense first hockey since the roster didn't have the horses to play end to end.

Now, Sutter to bring back that "oh crap, we're playing the Devils this week" mentallity.

Regardless of how we do this year, I can assure you that visiting teams will not be looking forward to their visit to the Rock.

Go gettem Brent! :koolaid: