Vancouver Canucks new uniforms

jkrdevil

The Canucks just unveiled their new uniforms. No pictures but that had the unveiling ceremony online. The new uniforms are essentially the vintage design with the Orca underneath the word Vancouver. Here is a screen shot someone took.

canucks.jpg

As said before traditional design with stripes at the bottom.

Edited by jkrdevil

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, I sorta like City names on sports jerseys, but the font on this on is so.....actively "retro", it just doesn't fly with me.And the logo conflicts with the plain text. IMO, the stick should be the logo for that font.Oh well, thank God that Lou is in charge here as I do not expect any changes to our logo/colors etc.

Ya know, that would be a sweet-ass jersey if it didn't have the stupid "Vancouver" word-mark. It's not necassary. No one fvcks up a jersey like the Canucks.
Well they change it every 5 years, so this one won't last too long.

This is what the Canucks logo/jersey shoud like. Check this site out:

http://www.clubvibes.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=449648

The concept logo on that site references the fact the Canuck stands for Johnny Canuck and the fact that the word Canuck references certain types of planes. Notice the old stick logo on the pilot's goggles and the v-neck sweater on the pilot references the "V" for Vancouver

Not a bad design at all...I kinda like the retro look to it. The Vancouver above the emblem is pretty bad, however...the font is too blocky. Something more modern would be more appropriate...mixing old school coloring with new school lettering. At least they don't have the numbers on the front like Buffalo...

The Canucks just unveiled their new uniforms. No pictures but that had the unveiling ceremony online. The new uniforms are essentially the vintage design with the Orca underneath the word Vancouver. Here is a screen shot someone took.

canucks.jpg

As said before traditional design with stripes at the bottom.

The white part of the logo kind of stands out a little too much in my opinion, but I think that's pretty minor. Overall I think these are nice. They aren't great, it would probably be better without the Vancouver, or maybe with it under the logo instead of above it, but these are much better than the Predators, Panthers, Penguins, Lightning, Senators, etc. jerseys. I think the only ones better than these so far are the Bruins, Red Wings, and maybe the Capitals jerseys.

oh, and the colors are very nice. Glad to see "black" is starting to not be the popular color anymore.

Its basically the Vancouver Whalers...

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. There's been a shift to some brighter colors.

I had heard Johnny Canuck was going to be back on their jerseys, but they made the orca fit into the old colors nicely. These look real nice. Blue from the elbow down on the white one is kinda weird, but overall these came out very well.

Oh, and yes, I tried to click play on the first pic, too... :doh1: