GDT: Devils Vs. Flyers

thelastonealive

the devils lost 5 in a row and sutter did nothing. i hope the "win" doesn't affect sutter's eyes and head.

as for rachunek, there's no reason that 3 or 4 teams wouldn't offer him a 1 year deal for $1M next year. he is not a bad player. the devils simply have not given him a real chance.

I agree on Rachunek. Tri made a good point about him being soft but It's not an all the time thing. He's shown a little bit of a mean streak a few times this season.

Whatever the case Brookbank just needs to go. He's been involved in pretty much every goal against the last couple of weeks and he's just killing us right now. What kind of pansy ass clearing attempt was that on the 3rd Flyers goal? Marty clears the puck better on his backhand!

Edited by SickMan

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so relieved that he Devils finally won. Figures that even when the Devils' offense finally puts up 4 regulation goals that they still have to win it in the shootout.

It's sad that the Devils are still fighting for a playoff spot, but hopefully things will work themselves out and the Devils won't have to face the Rangers in the first round. I don't care who the Devils play in the first round as long as it's not the Rags.

Ahh. I understand now. We watch two different games. In the game I watched tonight the Devils blew a 2 goal lead. When you allow few goals and few shots to me that means the defense is playing pretty well.

Whatever? The Devils have sucked on so many levels, I don't feel like arguing which side of the red line is a bigger issue.

3rd period leads blown in several games = bad news.

Well... thank you God. Not an easy win, and it was definately hard earned. Marty was off, but for the first time in a while that I can remember, the Devils bailed HIM out.

Great atmosphere from the fans as well... I loved the "Warm the trailor" and "The wheels on the house go round and round" chants.

I don't get the chants....esplain please.

Marty is +.700 in shootouts?

The way I said it was that we found the one goalie who played worse than Marty in the shootout. The word "played" implies that I was specifically speaking about Marty's play in the shootout tonight, not in general. Overall, Marty has been very good in the shootout, thus the high save %. Tonight...not so much.

But didn't make a save in this series... post, goal, goal. He was off today, and since he's second only to God, he's allowed to do that once in a while. He'll be back and better than ever on tuesday.

Agree 100%, and that's what I was trying to say that in my original post.

Edited by devils26

But didn't make a save in this series... post, goal, goal. He was off today, and since he's second only to God, he's allowed to do that once in a while. He'll be back and better than ever on tuesday.

Ironic how the game where Marty gives up 4 in regulation and 2 in the shootout is the one the Devils win, eh?

Great atmosphere from the fans as well... I loved the "Warm the trailor" and "The wheels on the house go round and round" chants.

Oh yeah, we were so totally ON in 209 tonight!!! B )

LETS GO FLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Thought the forwards played well, although Gionta had some of his shoot-first, think-later moments, and I still don't know what Clarkson is doing out there.

Someone needs to take Clarkson and repeatedly punch him in the face until he REALIZES HE IS A POWER FORWARD AND NOT A TOE DRAG WRAPAROUND FACTORY!! (yes you will be reading that again this weekend :P)

I totally went from section 216 to section 12 by halfway through the first period thanks to a contest I had no idea they even did, some sort of Seat Upgrade thing. I didn't ask, I just went. So very awesome.

Oh, and the game was fun as hell too. I rather enjoy playing the Flyers, even when we blow it late it doesn't feel like we're going to actually lose.

I totally went from section 216 to section 12 by halfway through the first period thanks to a contest I had no idea they even did, some sort of Seat Upgrade thing. I didn't ask, I just went. So very awesome.

I noticed that! Had been wondering what seats Best Buy gave you since I didn't really hear them say where the seats were :lol:

This game took years off a lot of people's lives. I mean really, the Devils' defense is as bad as the Met bullpen at holding a lead late.

And Marty, well I've had to read all year about how he and Sutter know his body better than anyone so we shouldn't criticize no matter how much he wants to play. Bunk. He's been overplayed for years, and there's only so long you can go before it starts to catch up with you. He's given up at least three disgustingly awful goals the last two games, was terrible in the shootout. Thank goodness we were facing Biron who turns into something softer than swiss cheese against the Devils. Hopefully Sutter locks him out of the rink the next three days and if a playoff berth is clinched by Tuesday he sits him against the Isles.

Typical of this board, Gionta bails the team's ass out in the third period and the shootout and people are still nitpicking. I do agree about Brookbank though, I'm really starting to think Rachunek told Sutter or Lou to f off because there's no rational explanation why he continues to be allowed to screw up while Rachunek, who's had his stretches of good play this year, continues to rot on the bench. Then again I guess Sutter thinks Kevin Weekes needs another buddy to talk to since he never plays either :P

David Jones probably should have gotten the first star - him foolishly running Marty while the Devils played the first ten minutes deader than a doornail really woke them up. Although Marty did take him off the hook somewhat with that bad goal in the third period, that was still one of the dumbest things I've seen a player do all year.

Edited by Hasan4978

Oh, and the game was fun as hell too. I rather enjoy playing the Flyers, even when we blow it late it doesn't feel like we're going to actually lose.

I was happy to see you were one of the fans that got the upgrade when they showed it on the big screen. You definitely deserved it.

I noticed that! Had been wondering what seats Best Buy gave you since I didn't really hear them say where the seats were :lol:

This game took years off a lot of people's lives. I mean really, the Devils' defense is as bad as the Met bullpen at holding a lead late.

And Marty, well I've had to read all year about how he and Sutter know his body better than anyone so we shouldn't criticize no matter how much he wants to play. Bunk. He's been overplayed for years, and there's only so long you can go before it starts to catch up with you. He's given up at least three disgustingly awful goals the last two games, was terrible in the shootout. Thank goodness we were facing Biron who turns into something softer than swiss cheese against the Devils. Hopefully Sutter locks him out of the rink the next three days and if a playoff berth is clinched by Tuesday he sits him against the Isles.

Typical of this board, Gionta bails the team's ass out in the third period and the shootout and people are still nitpicking. I do agree about Brookbank though, I'm really starting to think Rachunek told Sutter or Lou to f off because there's no rational explanation why he continues to be allowed to screw up while Rachunek, who's had his stretches of good play this year, continues to rot on the bench. Then again I guess Sutter thinks Kevin Weekes needs another buddy to talk to since he never plays either :P

They've certainly fought through alot of kicks to the nuts lately, and there must have been 4 or 5 big ones tonight. They didn't deserve the bad fate, so it's good to see them plug through these two weeks and avoid it. I mean, we can bitch about the talent level, but the players do have alot of heart and guts, and some people can bitch about how Sutter sets his lines or he's too mean or not mean enough, but he does consistantly have this team ready to play hockey. Which is more than I can say for the guy last year.

I am glad Mottau punched the fvck out of Jones, because honestly, the way that game was going up to that point, Sutter wouldn't have been our coach anymore on Sunday morning.

I was happy to see you were one of the fans that got the upgrade when they showed it on the big screen. You definitely deserved it.

That's nuts that folks from around here actually knew it was me. Y'all are awesome :koolaid: Could you see the 2MA sticker on my hat? :lol:

I got amazing digital camera video of that one punch Mottau landed in the fight. I'll upload it when I get it back from my friend.

That's nuts that folks from around here actually knew it was me. Y'all are awesome :koolaid: Could you see the 2MA sticker on my hat? :lol:

I got amazing digital camera video of that one punch Mottau landed in the fight. I'll upload it when I get it back from my friend.

I missed the 2MA sticker but thats because I was busy telling my girlfriend that it was one of the forum members. I can't wait to see that photo btw... :D

I missed the 2MA sticker but thats because I was busy telling my girlfriend that it was one of the forum members. I can't wait to see that photo btw... :D

My friend (the girl who was with us) thought that they were coming to get her for Score-O, haha. I always make her sign up and she's always petrified she'll be picked.

Tonight felt like a playoff game at the Rock especially in the 3rd period, overtime and the SO. Finally a WIn and it should have been in regulation but will take the 2-points. Two bad goals in the the Devils blowing two leads in the 3rd period has to stop if they want to do anything in the playoffs. Brodeur was good but a little off tonight giving up two bad goals especially the tying goal that made it 3-3. Brookbank is just flat out terrible and needs to sit out. Time for Rachunek or Sutter is waiting for salvador to make it back into the line up. Good to get the win and four more wins to go. :koolaid:

Just some useless information for you. I ate in the restaurant tonight. I had a clear view into Lou's box. As soon as the 3rd Flyer goal was scored, Lou picks up the phone and quickly hangs up. Then the play is under review. Coincidence? :rolleyes: It looked like Stevens was there also tonight. That whole box was not happy when the Flyers tied it up under a minute to go (As was the rest of Arena.) Big smile on Lou's face when the shootout was won.

Apparently Bauman hangs out in the restaurant. As the game was going into overtime, some Devil fan is giving it to him. Hey Bauman what are doing here? Get back to your seat! You don't seem to get the building up anymore. The Devils need some energy especially during this losing streak. Bauman just smiled. :doh1:

If you haven't tried the restaurant yet, I would suggest you try it. Not an every game experience but once a year for special occasions is alright. I would definitely go back.

Edited by Rock