CLEMMENSEN RETURNS TO DEVILS

HellOnICE

You're absolutely right, I am laughing, porque I don't see Brian Rolston on the menu at Panera's, and neither did 16 other teams... we get it, your pissy about the offseason and pissy in general... just do ALOT of us a favor and STFU :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes marty I will cause you say so .. :rolleyes: I get it..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're absolutely right, I am laughing, porque I don't see Brian Rolston on the menu at Panera's, and neither did 16 other teams... we get it, your pissy about the offseason and pissy in general... just do ALOT of us a favor and STFU :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

For once...we agree.

Sick why?

the way i see it this is how the devils line combo should be this season

elias-rolston-parise

broten-maclean-guerin

mckay-holik-peluso

brylin-dowd-lemiuex

extra:carpenter

martin-driver

oduya-chambers

salvador- danyeko

brodeur

terrerri

extra:clemmer

Did I miss something?? NO CAPTAIN ?????

I don't get this. If he was signed to help tutor the organization's young goaltenders, what the hell is Chris Terreri getting paid for?

I'd assume he's also here because god forbid anything happen to Marty or Weekes, he has NHL experience and he's cheap. They wouldn't want to throw Frazee into the fire like that, especially with his mental game not being quite down.

• 5 months later...
In his own mind he's an NHL caliber goalie who just hasn't been given a shot....surprised he actually sucked up his pride and came back...good addition for Lowell...shouldn't even compete with Weekes...

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

I'll stand by it....we've had one hell of a team effort, Weekes wasn't given a valid shot to make the starting line up with any consistency (started 3 straight games after Marty went down and we lost two...the offense scored 1 goal total in those two losses) and Clemmensen was (in fact in each of their first 4 starts after Marty went down Weekes gave up 10 goals and Clemmensen let in 11, the difference was our offense with Weekes only put up 7 goals and put in 11 for Clemmensen's 4 starts)...because of that he's held his own and been very good and I'm glad he has....then again had he not been Weekes could be in the exact same spot with everyone saying how great it was we picked him up as a backup...We haven't won anything and if our offense wasn't doing what its been doing....quick look at stats shows us not winning without scoring more than 3 goals minus the one game against the Habs back in early December...I wouldn't give him the Vezina quite yet...he's been good....very good at times....but its still early...

Edited by UnderDogX

BUMP

:koolaid:

And?

Do we really want more goalies who have a tendency to give up bad rebounds? And who rely on their team's defense to bail them out of such rebounds? And rely on the team's offense to make up for the sh!tty goals they give up? And whose shortcomings are masked by a team playing better than it has in 5 years? More of this?

And?

Do we really want more goalies who have a tendency to give up bad rebounds? And who rely on their team's defense to bail them out of such rebounds? And rely on the team's offense to make up for the sh!tty goals they give up? And whose shortcomings are masked by a team playing better than it has in 5 years? More of this?

As long as we keep winning, bring it on!

I'll agree with the "as long as we are winning" If that means Clemmer is playing good and I'm eating crow then so be it but the fact is he wasn't good enough to start the 5 games Marty doesn't play over a year ago so we brought in Weekes, he wasn't good enough to crack the starting lineup with Toronto...things like that don't change over night. He's been good and I'm glad, really glad but the two points I was trying to make were 1) Weekes wasn't given a fair shot and with our D and O both rolling the way they are he might have been able to do just as well if not better than what Clemmensen is doing now....and 2) The more and more raves Clemmer gets, the more talk about how good he is, in the long run, only proves that the naysayers could be right about the Legacy of Marty....he's a product of a good defense, great defensive system, and some of the better two-way forwards in the league...which may or may not be wholly true...Clemmer is proving it could be though...

I totally agree about the Devils playing better in front of Clemmer than they did in front of Weekes. Neither are great goalies, but the fact that the Devs have been winning with No. 35 in net seems to skew opinions. The man's rebound control is brutal. At one point last night, he made a clean glove save and everyone in the arena -- fans, players, even Clemmensen himself -- didn't know how to react. We're all so used to seeing everything bounce right off him that it was weird. No huge ovation for a glove save, no reaction by the players, Clemmer just sort of froze. I think it even took a while for the refs to blow a whistle. Such a weird moment.

I totally agree about the Devils playing better in front of Clemmer than they did in front of Weekes. Neither are great goalies, but the fact that the Devs have been winning with No. 35 in net seems to skew opinions. The man's rebound control is brutal. At one point last night, he made a clean glove save and everyone in the arena -- fans, players, even Clemmensen himself -- didn't know how to react. We're all so used to seeing everything bounce right off him that it was weird. No huge ovation for a glove save, no reaction by the players, Clemmer just sort of froze. I think it even took a while for the refs to blow a whistle. Such a weird moment.

The guy's pretty much a lifetime AHLer who's gotten this chance out of sheer (bad) luck. Did you think the guy wasn't going to have a weakness or two?

Weaknesses aside, what he's done has truly been remarkable. A 15-6-1 record, 2.21 GAA and a .924 save%?! In my wildest dreams I never would have thought that possible. We all know there's no track record of him performing like this, so why not enjoy it while it lasts, instead of picking him apart? If he starts to come back to Earth and the Devils suffer as a result there will be plenty of time to harp on his weak spots then.

I'll agree with the "as long as we are winning" If that means Clemmer is playing good and I'm eating crow then so be it but the fact is he wasn't good enough to start the 5 games Marty doesn't play over a year ago so we brought in Weekes, he wasn't good enough to crack the starting lineup with Toronto...things like that don't change over night. He's been good and I'm glad, really glad but the two points I was trying to make were 1) Weekes wasn't given a fair shot and with our D and O both rolling the way they are he might have been able to do just as well if not better than what Clemmensen is doing now....and 2) The more and more raves Clemmer gets, the more talk about how good he is, in the long run, only proves that the naysayers could be right about the Legacy of Marty....he's a product of a good defense, great defensive system, and some of the better two-way forwards in the league...which may or may not be wholly true...Clemmer is proving it could be though...

Clemmer's been doing this for 22 games. Marty's been doing this for 978, and that's just during the regular season. Clemmer's very small sample of success isn't going to cheapen what Marty's done in the slightest. As for the naysayers...fvck 'em. Any one of 'em would take Marty in a heartbeat and deep down they all know it.