GDT: NYR @ New Jersey 2/9/09. 7:00 PM

SatansDevils

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game last night was awesome i love to see ranger fans try to start stuff in the stands then see them get thrown out of the arena. This was the first devil game i got to this year and it sure was a beauty. I wish we didn't have so many penalties but we proved we can kill them off and the rangers can't score.

yeah me too. it'd be nice if it happened once in a while (i.e. parise's empty netter), but i think it's stupid to do after every goal.

For the most part I think it's funny, but there are definitely moments where it sounds ridiculous...for example, after scoring a garbage-time goal to make a 5-0 losing effort 5-1. Or breaking out a "Rangers suck!" chant when the Devils are trailing them in the standings by 10+ points...fortunately that doesn't apply right now.

I hate to burst your bubble

LINK

Liberty Island is within the territorial jurisdiction of the State of New York, a status that was established in 1664, reaffirmed in 1834, and which has never been officially disputed. The island has been owned by the federal government since 1800.

Well, we're disputing it now! :clap:

Maybe if NJ actually took it rightful claim to it, which they should, it can finally be reconized as being part of NJ, in NJ waters, not NY.

IDK if this was discussed, but it's amazing to me that Mara didn't go with Clarkson last night and had to have his D partner stick up for him (coming all the way across the ice, mind you).

Can you imagine any of our D not dropping it with Colton Orr or some other worthless enforcer on the rangers?

What that episode said to me is that we can push around Paul Mara, Wade Redden, Rosival, etc. There's no reason to fear those guys. And you tell me we're going to fear Erik Reitz??!!

Yeah, I was at Saturday's game too and did not see that T-shirt. I checked out a few of the Devils Den stores on the main concourse as well as the main store on the outside -- I was specifically looking at the T-shirts to see if there was anything new and different. If you see those shirts on Sunday, let me know. I might need to take a special trip over there just to get it.

Will do bro. Shoot me a PM on Sunday night or Monday just as a reminder and I will let you know if they had it or not.

Did anybody see that car after the Devils game driving around blasting the Rangers goal song with Devils fans inside mocking it? :-p

Priceless.

I've heard it at football games as well. It's not that bad, better then the Gomez swallows. Not very kid friendly or easy to explain to a kid.

LOL, I was at a Devils-Rangers game last year and after we did the traditional "Rangers Suck" chant, the kid in front of me- who could've been no older than 7 mind you- yells out FLYERS SWALLOW!! I was cracking up, considering the kid probably had no idea what that means.

LOL, I was at a Devils-Rangers game last year and after we did the traditional "Rangers Suck" chant, the kid in front of me- who could've been no older than 7 mind you- yells out FLYERS SWALLOW!! I was cracking up, considering the kid probably had no idea what that means.

That reminds me of a similar situation last year. Immediately following another ridiculous (insert borderline penalty HERE) call against us, some kid, no older than 10, gets up and shouts, "Get off your knees ref! You're blowing the game!"

That reminds me of a similar situation last year. Immediately following another ridiculous (insert borderline penalty HERE) call against us, some kid, no older than 10, gets up and shouts, "Get off your knees ref! You're blowing the game!"

Gold! That line is gold!

I heard one the other night at the LA game I found particularly amusing: "Hey ref, are you pregnant? Because you've missed two periods!!" :lol:

What a great game by our team. It's awesome to be at those games and I will attest that the Ranger fans in attendance were docile and disheartened. I was in section 101 at the top and the Ranger fans were quiet. Once I heard a lame attempt at a "Lets go Rangers" which was quickly drowned out.

Gomez... promptly booed each time he touched the puck. I loved it.

Parise - He is all over the ice. Great game.

It's so extra sweet to beat the Rangers.

The crowd really got into it in the 2nd period when the Devils finally broke though. The people who sit in the top side bleachers in the corner really have the spirit. I got to get a ticket up top sometime so I can add to the noise and cheer. Sometimes the rest of the crowd can be a bit quiet. The noise and excitement were top notch for the Rangers game. Wish the fans could keep it up for all the games. I'll be heading to the Islanders tomorrow and I'll be shouting my head off as usual. :)

LETS GO DEVILS!

Scoops

what is GDT??? its probably really obviouse i just cant put my finger on it. I wish i could have foun that car. and props to making that empty net picture. it really is priceless.

Parise is a god.

NO parise is a DEVIL!!!! haha