GDT: NYR @ New Jersey 2/9/09. 7:00 PM

SatansDevils

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only negative i noticed tonight was that the devils seemed to lose an awful amount of faceoffs.

the devils are pretty locked in at center though so i don't know what could be done there.

is the idea of picking up radek bonk at the trade deadline for a 4th round pick (he's a UFA) and putting him at wing w/ holik & shannahan the worst thing? then again, holik IS good on faceoffs.

Nice, now 4-0 in GDT and 2-0 in NYR GDT! B )

Props to SatansDevils on the streak.

Keep it rolling for the next game!

+1

He's good luck for us :koolaid:

Thanks Mike and NZT! :koolaid: Nice to be 4-0 in the GDT (2-0 vs. the NYR) and don't do many of them (unless there is no GDT late in the day), but like to do the NYR GDT because the Devils win over them. I will leave the GDT to you guys and maybe the next GDT I'll do is the 3/30/09 game vs. the NYR and maybe the 3/1/09 game vs. the Flyers to keep the GDT winning streak going. :P

Beautiful game tonight. Beautiful win tonight. One of the best games of the season for the Devils.

Great crowd ripping into the NYR and their fans all night long!

Nice to see Clemmensen finally get a shutout-first one since 2004 against Atlanta. :koolaid: Well deserved shutout and played really solid tonight and especially doing it against the NYR, which makes it all so sweet.

Clemmensen (23-11-1) having a good season so far and is only 1-game behind Lundqvist for the season as far as wins goes.

The Devils as a team had one of their most solid efforts of this season and one of the best 60-minutes played games of this season. The Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner line was solid all night long and all three players had a strong game especially Zajac, who was great on the faceoffs and killing penalties on the PK. Good to see Parise to score 2-goals and now he is tied for 3rd in the NHL with 32 with Buffalo's Thomas Vanek, who is out 2-4 weeks with a broken jaw. Parise is 2 behind Carter and 5 behind Ovechkin.

The PK and that PPG was huge for the Devils in this game and everyone had a solid effort in this game for the win. Devils now 3-2 vs. the NYR this season and Clemmensen is 3-0 vs. the NYR this season. :koolaid:

The NYR are now on a 5-game losing streak and sinking fast in the EC as far as making the playoffs. I don't think they will fire Renney just yet, but it could be coming real soon if the slide/losing streak continues. The NYR had a 12-point lead over the Devils on 12/3/2008 and now they trail the Devils by 8-points on 2/9/2009. :giggle: That is a 20-point turn around in a little over 2-months.

Devils need to keep it rolling especially on home ice and vs. the NYI this Wednesday night. Cannot have that 'letdown' game. Devils know the NYI have been playing a lot better as of late, but also have to play their game to win.

Let's Go Devils!!!! :evil:

Edited by SatansDevils

I was really debating going tonight because I was on a pretty nasty personal losing streak when going to games but tonight was a lot of fun. I'm not sure if it had anything with Shanahan playing against the Rangers but the Devils looked super sharp on D tonight. Anytime the Rangers had the puck the Devils were right on them and they also did a hell of a job breaking up passes. Could have done with a few of the calls in the first period but overall a really nice game for the Devils. Rangers look pretty much dead at this point.

Highlight of the night for me was after the game though. There was this guy who was mocking the Rangers goal song in the concourse " YOU CAN'T SCORE!!!!HEY HEY... HEY HEY HEY!"

Edited by SickMan

Its nice to see the Devils blank the Rangers, is it me or are the Rangers so over rated its not funny. How the hell does NBC chose them over us?

If I was sitting home I rather watch the first place Devils vs the first place Sharks, then the Rangers vs Flyers. Shame on NBC.

I was really debating going tonight because I was on a pretty nasty personal losing streak when going to games but tonight was a lot of fun. I'm not sure if it had anything with Shanahan playing against the Rangers but the Devils looked super sharp on D tonight. Anytime the Rangers had the puck the Devils were right on them and they also did a hell of a job breaking up passes. Good have done with a few of the calls in the first period but overall a really nice game for the Devils. Rangers look pretty much dead at this point.

Highlight of the night for me was after the game though. There was this guy who was mocking the Rangers goal song in the concourse " YOU CAN'T SCORE!!!!HEY HEY HEY... HEY HEY HEY!"

YOU CAN'T BEAT US

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP!!!!!!!!

Few notes for me:

-No way in hell they gave out 100 wristbands. That whole process was B/S IMO this time. I got there at 1 for a playoff game last year on a Friday and got tickets. You're telling me I can't get them at 1 on a Monday regular season game? We got some of the last tickets, the first people in line without wristbands. I counted the people in front of us and there was maybe 50?

-What a game! The crowd started to get into it in the 2nd.

-Rangers fans sure know how to dish it out, but don't know how to take it. Some kid freaked out on us for celebrating when the Devils scored, and on the way out he grabbed my friend and told him to apologize. We laughed in his face.

Few notes for me:

-No way in hell they gave out 100 wristbands. That whole process was B/S IMO this time. I got there at 1 for a playoff game last year on a Friday and got tickets. You're telling me I can't get them at 1 on a Monday regular season game? We got some of the last tickets, the first people in line without wristbands. I counted the people in front of us and there was maybe 50?

-What a game! The crowd started to get into it in the 2nd.

-Rangers fans sure know how to dish it out, but don't know how to take it. Some kid freaked out on us for celebrating when the Devils scored, and on the way out he grabbed my friend and told him to apologize. We laughed in his face.

some bitch behind me yelled "They can't even score on a 5-on-3."

i yelled back, "You can't even score one fvcking goal!"

and some a$$hole goes "Yeahh well parise is still a bitch"

me "Thats why he scored, right jackass?"

did anyone else see the douchebag with the "bring back avery" sign in section 6???? got ejected in the 3rd after making a little kid CRY.

seriously.

WHATS WORSE is that he was with a cute chick in a devils jersey!! for Shame! Listen up ladies, there are cute devils fans out there that won't make toddlers cry, i met one at the game last week.

(ooh la la!)

Great game! Thanks again to CRASHER for hookin me up with the ticket. A few quick notes:

- The Rangers got shut out by an AHL goalie ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

- Best song ever was to the same tune as the old "Messier takes it in the a$$, doo dah doo dah" song. "How many T-cells does Lundqvist have, zero zero." :lol:

- Despite the song, the best heckling I heard all night was a 4-year-old wishing Lundqvist would get the flu again. Seriously, that's either some awesome parenting or some seriously acute hockey heckling instincts.

- 209 rules!

- Maybe it was clearer on TV, but in person the holding call on Zubrus was possibly the weakest call I've ever seen.

- HOW 'BOUT THEM DEVILS?!

- Holik and Shanahan had a very strong game for the 4th line. Beside the goal they teamed up with they were both strong in their own end.

- Rolston looks like an average 3rd liner out there, get him with a different center so he can use his shot in the high slot. You have 2 shooters with little creativity and a grinder on the same line.

- Zajac and Langenbrunner really impressed me tonight with their forecheck and defensive awareness. They were unstopable down low on the Rangers defense. Parise was great using his speed to win battles.

-Elias was dangerous all night, Gionta faught the puck a little bit and Zubrus does create space but messed up a couple of glorious chances.

-Rupp had a poor game other then his breakaway crossbar.

- White had by far his best game of the season, he was simply a rock on the blueline making great reads and using his reach.

- Martin had trouble in his own end but showed some nice jump in the offensive zone.

-Everyone else was less noticable, which is a great thing.

In general this was an excellent team defense game, Rangers didn't threaten really at all. The PP still needs some work. Lacking the confidence to move the puck. The PK was amazing.

Great game! Thanks again to CRASHER for hookin me up with the ticket. A few quick notes:

- The Rangers got shut out by an AHL goalie ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

- Best song ever was to the same tune as the old "Messier takes it in the a$$, doo dah doo dah" song. "How many T-cells does Lundqvist have, zero zero." :lol:

- Despite the song, the best heckling I heard all night was a 4-year-old wishing Lundqvist would get the flu again. Seriously, that's either some awesome parenting or some seriously acute hockey heckling instincts.

- 209 rules!

- Maybe it was clearer on TV, but in person the holding call on Zubrus was possibly the weakest call I've ever seen.

- HOW 'BOUT THEM DEVILS?!

It's parenting, the kids apparently at home and random will run around yelling AHHHHHHHHHHH PARRRIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE and all the other stuff we do up there :lol:

imagine if the kids had confetti at home??? B )