GDT: NYR @ New Jersey 2/9/09. 7:00 PM

SatansDevils

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2b9377a9fab7fd36a344dd60fbc32f26-getty-83501961ab001_new_york_rang.jpg

Notice how, on one team's bench, every single player is standing out of respect for Willie O'Ree. The other bench? Just one person standing.

good pickup.

and on that topic:

CEREMONIAL PUCK-DROP UPDATE: Willie O'Ree, the first black player in the NHL and head of the league's diversity program, dropped the puck. Nigel Dawes and Kevin Weekes were supposed to be out on the ice but Chris Drury and Patrik Elias took the drop. For whatever reason, the Rangers may not have been comfortable with Dawes doing it.

http://njmg.typepad.com/rangersblog/2009/0...9.html#comments

I guess take it with a grain of salt...

Edited by maxpower

That Andrew Gross blog is not good compared to TG's blog.

UPDATE, 7:14 First period: Unlike some previous games, like Pittsburgh, the refs protect Henrik Lundqvist with a goalie interference call after Zach Parise collides with him.

It just hasn't been thrilling hockey yet, not that any game involving the Devils tends to be thrilling in a pure hockey sense.

He comes off like a jilted fan instead of a newsman.

Great game for the Devils, we now have a comfortable lead over the Rags and Habs and just need to worry about those Flyers for the meanwhile. Also nice to see Clemmer get the shutout and for Zach to get the EN goal to keep him in the running for 100 pts/50 goals. Three straight wins over the Rags, starting to build up the momentum :dance:

Nothing better than watching the Devils shutout the Rangers and being there to see it all (sec 225).

Not sure what it was like in other parts of the building, but in my section the Ranger fans were unusually subdued (even before the Devils had scored to take the lead). One guy tried to get a "Let's go Rangers!" chant going, and was promptly drowned out and shouted down. Overall you can tell that they're not feeling too confident in their team right now...the few times I heard Ranger fans around me making noise, it was more out of frustration at the way the Rangers were playing than anything else.

Sather is an uncreative and clueless GM (his personnel decisions seem to consist mostly of finding identifiable names and throwing money at them, regardless of how good they really are or whether they make sense from a team concept or chemistry standpoint), but even this moron has to see that the mess he's assembled isn't responding in the slightest to Renney. They looked completely lost out there.

I have to admit and like I said at the game and on 2ma... it does kinda take some of the fun and joy out of that kinda game, when the other team doesn't bother to show up... I think I saw more emotion in the pre-season game then I did from the opponent last night

don't get me wrong was still massive fun times... but geesh... that team looks so lost it's painful now :P

Rangers Suck. The Party is over Rangers Fans.... No more excessive celebrating in our house. All rangers fans were queit at the rock.

Clemmensen OUTPLAYED lundqist! HA!

lundqist is over rated. He is not that good.

Gomez is a bitch. what a whiner. taking stupid penaltys all game.

NHL home ice on channel 208, was talking all rangers, basically kept saying the rangers to to sign Avery to save their season... LOL

apparently someone was selling this shirt

3268623370_3ed8358dbc.jpg

3267798325_5476217e5c.jpg

I hate to burst your bubble

LINK

Liberty Island is within the territorial jurisdiction of the State of New York, a status that was established in 1664, reaffirmed in 1834, and which has never been officially disputed. The island has been owned by the federal government since 1800.

I hate to burst your bubble

LINK

Liberty Island is within the territorial jurisdiction of the State of New York, a status that was established in 1664, reaffirmed in 1834, and which has never been officially disputed. The island has been owned by the federal government since 1800.

uh, everyone knows that. the point is that liberty island is clearly across the state line as it's drawn on just about every map i've ever seen. whether or not it's the property of new york state isn't up for debate.

It is? I was at the game on Saturday and didn't see it. I'll be at the San Jose game Sunday, so I'll check for it then.

Yeah, I was at Saturday's game too and did not see that T-shirt. I checked out a few of the Devils Den stores on the main concourse as well as the main store on the outside -- I was specifically looking at the T-shirts to see if there was anything new and different. If you see those shirts on Sunday, let me know. I might need to take a special trip over there just to get it.

I love the adding of the "You Suck" into the melody of the goal song, just for the Rangers.

Priceless.

Seriously??

We've been doing that since BEFORE R&R was taken away the first time :noclue:

I've heard it at football games as well. It's not that bad, better then the Gomez swallows. Not very kid friendly or easy to explain to a kid.

it's very simple

teach the kids it's ok to swear as long as you're playing or watching a professional sports event only and no other time... they'll wanna see the sports even more since they can mouth off.... good for all families of all ages B )