Brodeur won't start vs. Lightning

Devils731

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this gets this going, I really do- all my purposely pessimistic comments in chat last night aside, I really think that if they can just bury this fvcking team, they can get back on a roll.

Weekes maybe in Buffalo should have started and Brodeur vs. Tampa Bay for his night.

It's actually the correct hockey decision to play Weekes against the Lightning, where he's 2-0 rather than against the Sabres whom he's 0-2 against. But yeah I am a bit surprised they're sitting him down more because of the losing streak than because of the ceremony really. At least Weekes should get the team's best effort for once.

Hmm, lets set the over/under at 4 for GA Weekes tomorrow.

Who's got what

I'll take the under. Gave up 3 and 2 his 2 games against them this season, which he won both in shootouts. My guess is he gives up 2. Also, Lecavalier is a huge loss for them. Definitely the under.

I think Sutter should sit and let johnny Mac coach tomorrow -- cause that will accomplish as much as sitting Marty down will...

Mmmm, no. The intent here is to shock them out of their funk by sitting the 'honored guest' so to speak on his special night; the hope is everyone will look in the mirror and say 'Geez, I'm part of the reason Marty's sitting tonite of all nights' and get them thinking about their play.

Something drastic had to be done. It certainly wasn't the opponent...Pittsburgh and the Rangers didn't get the juices going, Tampa sure as hell isn't.

Will it work? I dunno. But it's the right call.

I really think that if they can just bury this fvcking team, they can get back on a roll.

Agreed.

And I don't want them to win 2-1 or 1-0. (Although I'd take it at this point.) I want the team to start scoring some goals. That would help obviously.

Edited by LA03

And I don't want them to win 2-1 or 1-0. (Although I'd take it at this point.) I want the team to start scoring some goals. That would help obviously.

the only way you really get out of these things it to win a horribly ugly game... hate to tell ya.... tomorrow will NOT be pretty

Mmmm, no. The intent here is to shock them out of their funk by sitting the 'honored guest' so to speak on his special night; the hope is everyone will look in the mirror and say 'Geez, I'm part of the reason Marty's sitting tonite of all nights' and get them thinking about their play.

Something drastic had to be done. It certainly wasn't the opponent...Pittsburgh and the Rangers didn't get the juices going, Tampa sure as hell isn't.

Will it work? I dunno. But it's the right call.

I know why/what hes doing but I dont agree... Marty is not the reason why this team is struggling and I concurr, these are grown men and professional athletes with egos and funks. I see his inability to motivate this team thru this stretch concerning and he would lose me as a supporter in the locker room if I saw him doing that to one of my team mates- imo

...whether you agree with this decision or not, it's the right call. The Devils offense looks atrocious right now. They're depending way too much on Marty... they expect to win 1-0, 2-1 games night in and night out!?!?! That's simply delusional, with or without Brodeur. This team played like a pack of wild animals in front of Clemmensen. Fast'forward to April, we've scored 4 goals in the past 4 games. Completely unacceptable. REWATCH the Penguins game! At 3-1 this team DIED! It looked pathetic! It was like; okay, we got to score 4 goals to win tonight, and that aint gonna happen so oh well. We'll get'em next time!!! This team needs a wake`up call, and Brent just sat the all-time wins leader to warm the bench, on the night he's to be honored. If this doesn't spark the team, I have no idea what will.

Edited by Beezer34

I know why/what hes doing but I dont agree... Marty is not the reason why this team is struggling and I concurr, these are grown men and professional athletes with egos and funks. I see his inability to motivate this team thru this stretch concerning and he would lose me as a supporter in the locker room if I saw him doing that to one of my team mates- imo

This has zip, zilch and nothing to do with 'sending a message', I don't get why that's so hard for people to comprehend. Marty can't sit out a game (finally) without there being an ulterior motive?

We're in the middle of six games in ten days, it would have been lunacy NOT to sit Marty in at least one of the back-to-backs, especially considering he's looked tired the last couple of games. Sutter gave him a choice of which game, he wasn't showing him up.

Besides it's the smart hockey decision to play Weekes against Tampa, who he's 2-0 against rather than Buffalo who he's 0-3 against, plus you'd rather have your #1 goalie go up against the better team anyway. And it would be infinitely harder to play Weekes Saturday with a seven-game losing streak if the team ever did lose tomorrow with Marty in net.

Edited by Hasan4978

at this point, who cares. they either get it together, or they don't. they should play Marty into the ground in no-shows down the stretch. why not? If they play well, it won't matter. You've seen recently that it doesn't matter who plays goal if they *don't* play well.

BTW, I was expecting him to sit this game anyway, so I don't see why the much ado about nothing is getting blown out of proportion other than from people who are looking for something else to complain about

Edited by maxpower