Classless Rags Fans at MSG

DevilsCapsgal

Since I know the subject of classless Rags fans has frequently been discussed here, I thought I'd post something from the Washington Post Capitals Insider blog from a Caps fan who attended tonight's game (beat down?) at MSG:

"Just back from the Garden (and dinner)!

The good: The entire game. Erskine's play all night. Sasha dominating. Avery being Avery. Varlamov.

The bad: Classless Rangers fans - had saurkraut dumped all over my back, the lights from their thundersticks thrown at me, a cop calling me a dirtbag. Worse than any Philly game I've been to, worse than the Rags during the regular season by far. They don't take humiliation on the ice well. The cheer as Avery got booted.

Posted by: KurtNYC | April 20, 2009 11:29 PM | Report abuse "

Edited by DevilsCapsgal

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly am all for fans defending their home ice no matter how classless it becomes. I've stated this numerous times that I like how the Philly fans defend their home building.

I'm also an a$$hole for the most part though.

I don't want to be mean, but if you're being serious, I hope you don't attend many games.

I don't want to be mean, but if you're being serious, I hope you don't attend many games.

I could give two sh!ts what you think. If we had more of a hostile building like Philly, last year wouldn't have been as bad as it was. I've attended numerous Flyers-Rangers games down there. They don't act nowhere near as stupid as they do in our barn. The Flyers fans keep them in line.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I could give two sh!ts what you think. If we had more of a hostile building like Philly, last year wouldn't have been as bad as it was. I've attended numerous Flyers-Rangers games down there. They don't act nowhere near as stupid as they do in our barn. The Flyers fans keep them in line.

See, I have to agree with this line of thought. I'm not saying you should abuse other fans just for the sake of abusing them, but the bullsh!t that went on last year was unacceptable. In that type of a situation, the home fans have to collectively rise up and not stand for it. If that means making a game at the Rock unpleasent for opposing fans to attend, so be it. Ranger fans don't deserve to be treated with any respect under any circumstances in our building. You buy the ticket, you wear your stupid faggy Ranger jersey, you get shat on. End of story.

Why haven't Devils fans thought of this? All these years Rags fans have came into "our" building and been loud and obnoxious. All we had to do was be like the Flyers fans. We could dump beers on them and 4 on 1 gang beat them until they need to go to a hospital.

You guys have done a sh!t job all these years.

Fvck that sh!t. If Devils fans EVER get anywhere near as bad as Philly fans, I'm changing teams. It's bad enough there's sections of the fanbase that are more obsessed with hating the Rangers than they are with rooting for their own team, I'm sure as hell not going to associate myself with a group that prides itself on being a$$holes at every turn.

See, I have to agree with this line of thought. I'm not saying you should abuse other fans just for the sake of abusing them, but the bullsh!t that went on last year was unacceptable. In that type of a situation, the home fans have to collectively rise up and not stand for it. If that means making a game at the Rock unpleasent for opposing fans to attend, so be it. Ranger fans don't deserve to be treated with any respect under any circumstances in our building. You buy the ticket, you wear your stupid faggy Ranger jersey, you get shat on. End of story.

Exactly.

If the guy was being respectful and just enjoying the game, then this was a total scumbag move by the Rags fans. If he was being a total dick, then he got what he deserved.

I have no problem with visiting fans who know their place. I got into a good hockey discussion with a couple guys wearing Wild gear one time and one of the guys turned out to be Paul Martin's cousin. It woulda been pretty embarassing if I dumped sauerkraut all over him just because his friends were wearing Wild jerseys. Dickhead fans, on the other hand ... anything goes.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

If the guy was being respectful and just enjoying the game, then this was a total scumbag move by the Rags fans. If he was being a total dick, then he got what he deserved.

I have no problem with visiting fans who know their place. I got into a good hockey discussion with a couple guys wearing Wild gear one time and one of the guys turned out to be Paul Martin's cousin. It woulda been pretty embarassing if I dumped sauerkraut all over him just because his friends were wearing Wild jerseys. Dickhead fans, on the other hand ... anything goes.

I don't care about fans from non-rival teams. Heck, there was a 'Canes fan I actually felt somewhat bad for at game 1 because he was getting it from all angles, and he never said a word- was just enjoying the game and wasn't being an a$$hole. It's when there is a mass invasion of obnoxious Ranger or Flyer fans that I get pissed, and that's when the rules go out the window. You shouldn't be able to come into OUR building and act like you own the place without a beer getting poured over your head, or a fist getting lodged in your fvcking teeth. And if you bring kids with you and you still act like a douchebag, don't even THINK about playing your stupid kids as victims either- I hate that more than anything. Act like a dick, get treated like one, regardless of the circumstances. Maybe your kids will get a first-hand lesson on why not to act like an a$$hole.

I don't care about fans from non-rival teams. Heck, there was a 'Canes fan I actually felt somewhat bad for at game 1 because he was getting it from all angles, and he never said a word- was just enjoying the game and wasn't being an a$$hole. It's when there is a mass invasion of obnoxious Ranger or Flyer fans that I get pissed, and that's when the rules go out the window. You shouldn't be able to come into OUR building and act like you own the place without a beer getting poured over your head, or a fist getting lodged in your fvcking teeth. And if you bring kids with you and you still act like a douchebag, don't even THINK about playing your stupid kids as victims either- I hate that more than anything. Act like a dick, get treated like one, regardless of the circumstances. Maybe your kids will get a first-hand lesson on why not to act like an a$$hole.

I like this.

I went to the Sharks - Devils game this season with two friends who are Sharks fans. Everytime the Devils scored we'd all cheer and lean over towards them and laugh etc etc. And everytime the Sharks scored they jumped up shouting and cheering loud back at us. I think this kind of civil back and forth good natured fun is how it should be.

I still remember two years ago when I was at Game 1 against Ottawa I had a few beers in me and I was being loud and obnoxious and shouting stuff like bomb canada etc etc just having a rousing good time with Senator fans all around me. Well through the first period I believe the Devils were down 4-0 and I was sitting there looking like a little kid who had his cereal shat in and this nice girl in a sens jersey turned around to console me. And not in the sarcastic mean way to rub in (Like I'd probably have done if the score were reversed). She even said "It's early you guys can come back, don't worry" I'll never forget that I ended up talking hockey through most of the breaks with her and her husband. And the Devils did come back slightly to make a game of it but in the end lost. It was one of those moments I'll never forget, changed how I acted at games.

But Rangers fans can fvcking die in a gutter. :lol:

I honestly am all for fans defending their home ice no matter how classless it becomes. I've stated this numerous times that I like how the Philly fans defend their home building.

5 years ago, my wife and I went to see the Devs @ the Garden. For the sake of her, I wore regular cloths. Despite my train-of-thought, I made the mistake of standing to cheer when we scored in the 2nd period. The vulgarity that followed trumped any level that I had originally assumed such a known hostile fanbase would/could ever sink to. The worst part was (other than being completely outnumbered) the crudeness was mainly directed towards my wife. The coopty grass came when not one, but two fans threw beer onto us moments after the occurrence took place. Security did nothing, contesting the incident happened while the fans in my section were standing, thus blocking their view of any/all who threw the beer. They instead asked us if we would like to move to another section, but we said we'd rather just go home.

If someone were to have told me this story happened at the Rock/CAA, only instead the victim(s) were Flyer fans - Ranger fans

5 years ago, my wife and I went to see the Devs @ the Garden. For the sake of her, I wore regular cloths. Despite my train-of-thought, I made the mistake of standing to cheer when we scored in the 2nd period. The vulgarity that followed trumped any level that I had originally assumed such a known hostile fanbase would/could ever sink to. The worst part was (other than being completely outnumbered) the crudeness was mainly directed towards my wife. The coopty grass came when not one, but two fans threw beer onto us moments after the occurrence took place. Security did nothing, contesting the incident happened while the fans in my section were standing, thus blocking their view of any/all who threw the beer. They instead asked us if we would like to move to another section, but we said we'd rather just go home.

If someone were to have told me this story happened at the Rock/CAA, only instead the victim(s) were Flyer fans - Ranger fans

If our fans would just buy up the majority of tickets to games versus our rivals, this discussion would be pretty much dead. I hate @sshole fans of any team, and boy do we have some lately. What bothers me most is that the ridiculous behavior by idiot fans distracts from the game itself. I can't say how many games I've been to in the last couple years where some drunk idiot needs to make a scene and before you know it the whole section is paying attention to the dummy, while a game is going on, yet we complain about some guy who throws t-shirts to the crowd and actually gets people to make noise. As for him, I've noticed he tries to stop the second the puck is dropped. Drunks and @ssholes don't.

Some of you guy are crazy. Visiting fans should be allowed to attend games and root for their favorite team (politely) and not have to deal with physical threats.

People in Philadelphia are animals. They are physically violent. It is not a safe place for one to take a family to see a hockey game. It is almost not even worth it to go down there to support your team if you are the visiting team.

It's one thing to be an intimidating crowd, but it's clearly another thing to ruin people's evenings and make people actually fear for their own well-being because you feel like being a one-toothed classless a$$hole.

wow. i really hope you dont attend devils home games. you not only make it uncomfortable for the other teams fan that you are being an a$$hole towards but you also make it uncomfortable for everyone else in your section and around you.

everyone goes to a hockey game to watch and enjoy the game. no one wants to go to a game and have to deal with a$$holes like yourself.

please do everyone a favor and go cheer for the flyers you idiot.

Devils fans, for the most part, have class and act like adults. That is what seperates us from most of the Rangers and Flyers fans who are rude, classless and obnoxious. I have been to many games at the Rock this year and heard fans of other teams talking about how much nicer it is to watch a game in NJ then it is to watch a game in NY or Philly.

I agree, if you want to root for the other team you should be subject to some abuse but throwing beer or punches or insulting woman or children is not right. Do you wany NJ to have the same reputation as Rangs and Flyers?? To have every other teams fanbase despise us? My Dad lives in Boston and attended a Bruins / Rangers game this year. He said the Rags fans were so rude and obnoxious he will never go to another game against the Rangers. Is that the reputation we want to have?

amen, brother - jagr jersey wearing fruits, the whole lot of 'em

Fvck that sh!t. If Devils fans EVER get anywhere near as bad as Philly fans, I'm changing teams. It's bad enough there's sections of the fanbase that are more obsessed with hating the Rangers than they are with rooting for their own team, I'm sure as hell not going to associate myself with a group that prides itself on being a$$holes at every turn.

ok, "rowdy"fan42 :blink:

went to msg to see game 5 in 1994 - wore my jacket zipped up over my jersey - the fans drowned out the national anthem - didn't jump up at goals being scored (and i was in lower level) - at the end of the game i'm walking through the bowels of the arena - the arena is one big bowel - and i have my jersey exposed and this fan makes a comment - but no fight broke out - if i was in the uppers tho there would have been punches.

What's really sad is that the rangers think their team is so good EVERY year - get a clue! The Flyers suck EVERY year in the playoffs. And the Isles haven't been there for a while and don't look to improve too quickly.

We have the best team in the metro area and as fans don't need to resort to being thugs - but when someone comes into our arena and tries to take it over for their own, there should be "repercussions and consequences" (as Eddie Murphy once said).