Always Look On the Bright Side of Life?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

The Bright side ? I can sleep again...

Damn.. way too soon to find good reason to be happy to be a devs fan (i will not end being one after this big choke... but it's way too soon to be sure of that)

But I appreciate your effort Chimaira.. and i'm pretty sure you're 100% right there... But too much blood in my eyes to read it wisely !

Bravo, Chi. Excellent post. I didn't think we would make the playoffs this year and look what happened!! I'm disappointed that we were one and done but the ride was a spectacular one and we get to do it again next year. Lou's going to have to look to the big stud D man as the savior. We've only been a good regular season team without one. But thanks again boys. It was fun while it lasted. :saddevil:

Great post. Thank you boys. You had me a believer until 1:20 in the third last night.

Foe me Oduya really upped his game and becoming a hell of a hockey player. Just resign him!

I am also very proud of Clarkson. 16 goals, lots of PIMS. He is becoming the power forward we haven't had in a long time. Nice job! Just don't get why Sutter played him for like 1 shift in the third last night? He deserves better than that.

I wont thank the Devils........ but I will thank the Devils fans for making the Rock a great place to see a hockey game! thank you fellow fans!!! I really enjoyed watching Devils hockey with all of you at the rock! very sad to have it end so soon again but See you next season!!!

Thanks for this post... I've never seen a bunch of angrier fans on this board than after last night.... Look, no one's happy, but if we got through to the next series and saw this going on in the Rangers forums, we'd be laughing our asses off calling them fake fans...

You know what I'm thankful for at this time? That I don't have to put out any more money for tickets and ridiculously priced drinks and gas and parking so I can go in that arena and have more heart and passion than the team I'm paying to see.

Thank you Devils - you always put together a team that is competitive and makes the playoffs. Now that I live in CO, I go with friends to Avalanche games regularly and this season was reminded how lucky I am to be a Devil's fan. I get to cheer for and watch a team that makes the playoffs and runs a top rate organization. Thank you Devils.

Great post! I don't even wanna bother going into any threads that look all downtrodden ... I'm too old to throw a sh!tfit about a sports team that I don't even play for. Sports are an escape from reality, not a substitute for it. This isn't real life, it's a game. A damn good one at that, and our team has been damn good for a damn long time.

Thank you Devils for all the aforementioned reasons. Also, thank you for giving me and my friends something to do all fall, winter and spring long. Thank you for allowing me to say something that I never in a million years thought I would say ... "I like hanging out in (certain parts of) Newark." Thank you for bringing Shanny back to where it all started for what was likely his career's swan song. Thank you for putting up a fight all season long, despite "experts" saying you were washed up and all kinds of odds being stacked against you as injuries and the season wore on. Thank you for the best St. Patrick's Day of my life. Thank you for not being the Islanders.

Also, thank you NJ Transit for letting me drink on the train. Thank you Russell at The Spot Lounge for all the free shots ... you're the freakin MAN! And a special thank you to all the NJDevs regulars that I met up with throughout the season ... you're all awesome and you're all a part of why our fanbase freakin rocks. See you crazy bastards at the Draft Party.

Great post! I don't even wanna bother going into any threads that look all downtrodden ... I'm too old to throw a sh!tfit about a sports team that I don't even play for. Sports are an escape from reality, not a substitute for it. This isn't real life, it's a game. A damn good one at that, and our team has been damn good for a damn long time.

Thank you Devils for all the aforementioned reasons. Also, thank you for giving me and my friends something to do all fall, winter and spring long. Thank you for allowing me to say something that I never in a million years thought I would say ... "I like hanging out in (certain parts of) Newark." Thank you for bringing Shanny back to where it all started for what was likely his career's swan song. Thank you for putting up a fight all season long, despite "experts" saying you were washed up and all kinds of odds being stacked against you as injuries and the season wore on. Thank you for the best St. Patrick's Day of my life. Thank you for not being the Islanders.

Also, thank you NJ Transit for letting me drink on the train. Thank you Russell at The Spot Lounge for all the free shots ... you're the freakin MAN! And a special thank you to all the NJDevs regulars that I met up with throughout the season ... you're all awesome and you're all a part of why our fanbase freakin rocks. See you crazy bastards at the Draft Party.

awesome post. I agree 100%.

I'm sorry, I tried but I can't get into feeling happy or saying thank you. This was going to be the year we finally had a deep cup run again. Look at all the high points this season. If you made a post saying they would have lost in the first round you would look stupid and have been flamed beyond belief.

This one hurts big time.

After Marty went down in November, there isn't one person here who wouldn't have taken us just getting into the playoffs, let alone winning our division. We just played a series where we could have won 6 of 7 games. I'll just resign myself to the fact that the Hockey Gods just did not want NJ to celebrate this year.

Thanks NJ for yet another playoff season. In a strange way, thanks for ending my suffering early as if this happened in the Stanley Cup finals or against the Rangers I'd be on the ledge of the Prudential Building in Newark right now.

Thank you Marty and Elias for giving me one of the greatest nights of my life on March 17, 2009.

Seriously. That one game alone makes this season an epic win. Anyone who was there will never forget it. And the fact that it was on St. Pat's not only made it ridiculously poetic (Marty passing St. Patrick Roy AND St. Patty Elias breaking the franchise scoring record), but made for a whole other set of memories as well. Anyone who was on the pre-game bar crawl knows what I'm talking about.