POD: by Lou Lamoriello

msweet

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea what sort of possition he has been playing, because i remember him playing LW which isnt exactly our weakes area?

I would place him on a third line with Zubrus and Clarkson...that would be one big ass physical line.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Elias-Rolston-Bergfors

Pihlman-Zubrus-Clarkson

Pandolfo-Pelley-Leblond

I would place him on a third line with Zubrus and Clarkson...that would be one big ass physical line.

Elias-Rolston-Bergfors

Pihlman-Zubrus-Clarkson

Pandolfo-Pelley-Leblond

Interesting idea.

That 4th line looks horrible on paper, and it made me think how crappy it is we signed up pandolfo and instead let madden walk.

AHHH early July every other team is a Stanley Cup contender and the Devils have been relegated to the ECHL.

Just like every year I'll wait and see what transpires. It may be good it may be bad, but I'll be following the team!

AHHH early July every other team is a Stanley Cup contender and the Devils have been relegated to the ECHL.

I don't think that true last year. There was hope that Rolston would get his 30 to 40 goals, that Holik would be at least half his former-self, that Zubrus would break out of his malaise, that Gionta would be playing for his new contract (apparently he didn't really have to... there are teams out there willing to pay $5M/per for 20 goals). There were a fair number of people thinking we were contenders based on what we had in July. There were a lot of people looking forward to last year.

This year, we've lost 3 forwards and don't see any talent being injected into the team, so I can understand the frustration compared to last year. I look at the Calgary fans right now and they think they have the Cup locked up. There is excitement and they can't wait for the season to start. Looking at our lineup right now, I'm thinking "I'm glad I at least have the Olympics to look forward to".

But I'm with you. Good, bad or ugly.... they are my Devils. And if nothing else, they are the most entertaining team in the NHL. What other team has coaches leave because "the team makes them physically sick" or "homesickness"? I'm sure the weeks ahead hold some unexpected twists.

I fully blame CRASHER for not re-upping his season tickets early. If he did, then the Devils would know where their budget is and they'd be able to afford to pay Gaborik to watch half the season from a seat next to TG.

You know what... I'll eat blame on this... why the hell not??

I didn't want a guy that makes Glass Joe from Punch Out! Look durable anyway ;p

Stop with your logic and long term thinking. It's July 1 time for irrational short term ideas.

And the same copy/pasted panic posts from years past???

Can we save and pin all these posts and threads so people can read them when the Devils are in first place next season and are making the playoffs.

NO!!! WE MUST PANIC AND COMMIT MASS SUICIDE IN FIELDS!!! IT'S JULY SECOND FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that true last year. There was hope that Rolston would get his 30 to 40 goals, that Holik would be at least half his former-self, that Zubrus would break out of his malaise, that Gionta would be playing for his new contract (apparently he didn't really have to... there are teams out there willing to pay $5M/per for 20 goals). There were a fair number of people thinking we were contenders based on what we had in July. There were a lot of people looking forward to last year.

This year, we've lost 3 forwards and don't see any talent being injected into the team, so I can understand the frustration compared to last year. I look at the Calgary fans right now and they think they have the Cup locked up. There is excitement and they can't wait for the season to start. Looking at our lineup right now, I'm thinking "I'm glad I at least have the Olympics to look forward to".

But I'm with you. Good, bad or ugly.... they are my Devils. And if nothing else, they are the most entertaining team in the NHL. What other team has coaches leave because "the team makes them physically sick" or "homesickness"? I'm sure the weeks ahead hold some unexpected twists.

Montreal didn't pay Gionta 5M for just 20 goals. There are a lot of intangibles that he brings to the team. All those little things is what Montreal has been missing and its the little things that we as Devils fans take for granted when a players has been on the team for so long. I am all for young guys in the lineup but there are certain intangibles that I don't think the young guys will be ready to take on or have. I am all for signing Shanahan to help the youngsters. And a guy like LaRose could be a good fit. Hudler as well.

this is how i see it.

i will be supporting my Devils through and through, all season long.

i cant wait to be watching them with anticipation every single game and hoping for a win.

i dont know how to take all of this. i just hope we have a strong training camp, and our pre-season doesnt look too bad, and we dont have a bad start to the regular season.

Devils through and through!

that we could've fit under the cap? admittedly probably no one...and whose fault is that....

because he signed a big name free agent the last 2 years! asdasdas you are dense. but that's okay, it's lou's fault the economy tanked, you make a good point.

Yep. It's not like we are going to start rooting for another team. I don't know what I want Lou to do actually. But yesterday did feel like Christmas morning and all I got was a pair of slacks.

Yep. It's not like we are going to start rooting for another team. I don't know what I want Lou to do actually. But yesterday did feel like Christmas morning and all I got was a pair of slacks.

More like your mom gave you slacks and then realized the slack were actually intended for your little cousin.

Montreal didn't pay Gionta 5M for just 20 goals. There are a lot of intangibles that he brings to the team. All those little things is what Montreal has been missing and its the little things that we as Devils fans take for granted when a players has been on the team for so long. I am all for young guys in the lineup but there are certain intangibles that I don't think the young guys will be ready to take on or have. I am all for signing Shanahan to help the youngsters. And a guy like LaRose could be a good fit. Hudler as well.

That would work for me. It'd add some more nastiness into the lineup.

Sometimes you have to say no. IMO, Lamoriello has to say no based on prior expensive moves that haven't worked out.

Now you hang around for the toaster leavins, hoping you can sprinkle them on the team and come up with something palatable. It's just the way it is.

A word of advice to Elias or Rolston: Start practicing faceoffs, and throw the built-in excuses out the window.

Elias-Rolston-Bergfors

Pihlman-Zubrus-Clarkson

Pandolfo-Pelley-Leblond

I'm sorry but this is a brutal lineup. You want Pihlman, Pelley, and Bergfors on this team? All 3 of them had their chance. These 3 guys are nothng but AHL calibur. Ugh we're screwed :evilcry:

I'm sorry but this is a brutal lineup. You want Pihlman, Pelley, and Bergfors on this team? All 3 of them had their chance. These 3 guys are nothng but AHL calibur. Ugh we're screwed :evilcry:

Yeah Bergfors with that one game really had a chance, give me a break.

Pelley had his chance and actually looked half decent when he was up , just slightly unpolished.

Do you mean the Devils are screwed like they were last year on November 1st with Brodeur crumpled on the ice and Cameron dancing in the stands? :whistling:

Just like every year I'll wait and see what transpires. It may be good it may be bad, but I'll be following the team!

Exactly why I only read the board twice a year, trade deadline being the other.

We loose Clemmer who had a nice run, but the team D really clamped down once they realized marty wasn't back there. Nice back up, but our number 2 goalie isn't a prority.

Gio has been gone in every trade rumor the last 3 years.

coincedence that Madden had an off year when Pando didn't play in big chuncks? At the time I thought Madden deserved the C over Langs, but loosing a 3/rd line center wont kill us

I like rupp but cmon.

We were Colin white trying to be Stevens but forgetting that Scotty rarely got himself out of position on his big hits away from advanceing at least one more round. the team at times was unstoppable durring stretches. Marty didn't look good game 7 either, and you can't blame the to tired excuse this year.

i'm sure someone from lowel will be able to replace Madden as the checking center(not saying he'll be as good, just not a huge dropoff). I'm assumeing Shanny will be back. Hopefully with a full camp, the team as a whole learning with a new coach, Shanny can make more of an impact. I REALLY like Clarckson and think he may get second line ice time.

We need to sign a couple players, but they don't have to be superstars with loaded contract$ when the cap will probably go down next year, I was suprised it didn't go down this year tbh.

Would love to bolster the second PP unit, and get another two way defensman.

Would love to have a fourth line that can go out, wear down the other team, drop em if they have too, but not be a defensive liability while giving the top 2 lines a bit of a breather. When we have that as a team, the team just roles.

Would I mind a sniper? hell no, just don't stand around, expect him to do everything for the team like when Gilmore was on the club(ok, long time ago, but still a fear of mine)

Joe

Exactly why I only read the board twice a year, trade deadline being the other.

We loose Clemmer who had a nice run, but the team D really clamped down once they realized marty wasn't back there. Nice back up, but our number 2 goalie isn't a prority.

Gio has been gone in every trade rumor the last 3 years.

coincedence that Madden had an off year when Pando didn't play in big chuncks? At the time I thought Madden deserved the C over Langs, but loosing a 3/rd line center wont kill us

I like rupp but cmon.

We were Colin white trying to be Stevens but forgetting that Scotty rarely got himself out of position on his big hits away from advanceing at least one more round. the team at times was unstoppable durring stretches. Marty didn't look good game 7 either, and you can't blame the to tired excuse this year.

i'm sure someone from lowel will be able to replace Madden as the checking center(not saying he'll be as good, just not a huge dropoff). I'm assumeing Shanny will be back. Hopefully with a full camp, the team as a whole learning with a new coach, Shanny can make more of an impact. I REALLY like Clarckson and think he may get second line ice time.

We need to sign a couple players, but they don't have to be superstars with loaded contract$ when the cap will probably go down next year, I was suprised it didn't go down this year tbh.

Would love to bolster the second PP unit, and get another two way defensman.

Would love to have a fourth line that can go out, wear down the other team, drop em if they have too, but not be a defensive liability while giving the top 2 lines a bit of a breather. When we have that as a team, the team just roles.

Would I mind a sniper? hell no, just don't stand around, expect him to do everything for the team like when Gilmore was on the club(ok, long time ago, but still a fear of mine)

Joe

Bravo.